PDA

View Full Version : FS: HP MediaSmart Server EX470

helrazr
04-20-2012, 10:37 AM
$150 OBO

-This particular unit is a rescue unit. What I mean is, it was very poorly maintained server but when I got it a couple weeks ago I stripped it down completely and refurbed it. When I say I stripped it down, I mean the only thing I didn't do was remove and clean the bottom side of the motherboard. I did pull the PSU apart and gently cleaned the blades and housing of the PSU fan with a professional camera lense brush. I removed the 2 rear fans behind the backplane and cleaned them the same way. This is a very quiet device, that has been thoroughly, professionally cleaned.
-The processor is the stock Sempron and I cleaned and replaced the TIM on both the processor and Northbridge with OCZ Freeze.
-It has an HP OEM 1GB DIMM as an upgrade from the original 512MB stick, although I think I have a 2GB stick packed away that I will also include if I can figure out which tickle trunk I packed it away in.
-It is running the HP MSS V.3 software, although it will come with the original disks
-Comes with the original 500GB Seagate HDD

Here is the catch/gotcha and there are two.
-The rj45 port is dead. All hope is not lost, it will come with a gigabit Sabrent USB LAN adapter.
-It only has two drive cages, and both work but you have to use TLC inserting and removing them as the pins that go in the screw holes for the HDD's are worn a bit. TLC is the key and they both work fine.

If you have an interest in a decent refurbed headless server, shoot me an offer. I would also entertain a trade on an HP LX195.