PDA

View Full Version : another STI encounter

LUDELVR
02-03-2004, 01:54 AM
haha, but no racing this time. Just wondering if any of the STI owners was at blockbuster on 32nd ave N.E. today. Think he was a white dude, also had a girl with him...and in the car there was plastic coating over the "really really nice" STI seats! man, those are nice, and in the passenger seat, he had some left over chinese food (I think it was chinese cuz it was in one of those round aluminum containers!!) ahahaha,

Just want to know if it was anynoe on this fourm, cuz I always wanna talk to them but never sure if they'll look at me in a messed up way!! hahaha

spyguy
02-03-2004, 01:57 AM
anyone would look at you the wrong way... just look at your sig pic!!!:barf: :barf: :barf:

Ducati
02-03-2004, 02:01 AM
I sold Subarus earlier this year, and was fortunate enough to still be at the dealership early this summer when the STi came out. I am here to tell you that the only car I have driven since my Hemi in the seventies that was as much sheer excitement as an STi was the AWD Porsche C4. And it was a tie.

The STi is certainly the most entertaining sedan in the world to drive, if not one of the top ten anything. It is a Porsche 962 C4 with 2 extra doors,

LUDELVR
02-03-2004, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by spyguy
anyone would look at you the wrong way... just look at your sig pic!!!:barf: :barf: :barf:

man, are you just upset that you no longer have your ride! :dunno: I would be too haha, but knowing what you have next in line... I am very doubtful that you are upset! ;)

EK 2.0
02-03-2004, 10:15 AM
Leo, you know anyone with a turbo in the whip is super approachable...Look at how you and I got to talking at Partsource that one day right??...

Just walk up and talk to them man...cant hurt...

And the most they can say is..."no, you can't drive it"

ryder_23
02-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Ducati
I sold Subarus earlier this year, and was fortunate enough to still be at the dealership early this summer when the STi came out. I am here to tell you that the only car I have driven since my Hemi in the seventies that was as much sheer excitement as an STi was the AWD Porsche C4. And it was a tie.

The STi is certainly the most entertaining sedan in the world to drive, if not one of the top ten anything. It is a Porsche 962 C4 with 2 extra doors,

:whocares:
that didnt really help leo.....maybe jamez_sti, but dont know what he'd be doing way up in the NE...maybe picking up his girl

That.Guy.S30
02-03-2004, 12:27 PM
ahah i doubt it was jamez_sti.. becuase he has his winter rims on right now and leo wouldve probbaly wouldve noticed the rims too.. not just the seats

ryder_23
02-03-2004, 01:00 PM
its leo, dont give him that much credit:poosie:

LUDELVR
02-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
its leo, dont give him that much credit:poosie:

Get fucked ;) hahahah

But yah, the rims were gold and fucking nice!!! Man, for a stock car, subaru went all out. I'm very much impressed...until I beat one! hahahah:rofl:

So I guess that means I'll be impressed for quite some time! :dunno:

JAYMEZ
02-03-2004, 02:18 PM
not moi , i dont want to wreck my summer rims :nut:

buh_buh
02-03-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
not moi , i dont want to wreck my summer rims :nut: Thanks for that.
Now we have officially eliminated 1 STi owner from the batch in Calgary.... :rolleyes:

2000impreza
02-03-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

I'm very much impressed...until I beat one! hahahah:rofl:

So I guess that means I'll be impressed for quite some time! :dunno:

lol. stock sti's are pretty impressive for a factory car. don't forget these cars can and will most likely be modified by the owners.

Ducati
02-04-2004, 12:15 AM
Who is Leo?

And what beat the STi? Was it modified?

And what dont you:whocares: about? Did I piss you off somehow?

No big deal. Enjoy your ride. Have fun.

JAYMEZ
02-04-2004, 12:16 AM
im confused to what your talking about lol ^^^^^:confused:

googe
02-04-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by ryder_23

:whocares:
that didnt really help leo.....maybe jamez_sti, but dont know what he'd be doing way up in the NE...maybe picking up his girl

chill, hes making conversation, this is a forum you know...

btw - wasnt me either, scratch another off the list ;)

Ducati
02-04-2004, 12:48 AM
Okay, Im chilled. I assumed the :whocares: was some kind of shot. 16 year olds like to do things like that. It makes them feel better about all of the shit going on in their lives.

I like the STi a lot. I used to sell them (and the EVO) and have driven A LOT of different cars. Look at what you get for your $55000. You get exoticar performance off the showroom floor. Yeah, I am sure that there are some wild cars out there that can beat one, and thats all good.

I am glad to see cars becoming fun again. There was a real doldrums for at least a decade and a half, where nothing this side of a few European cars was any fun to drive.

googe
02-04-2004, 01:35 AM
Okay, Im chilled. I assumed the :whocares: was some kind of shot. 16 year olds like to do things like that. It makes them feel better about all of the shit going on in their lives.

I like the STi a lot. I used to sell them (and the EVO) and have driven A LOT of different cars. Look at what you get for your $55000. You get exoticar performance off the showroom floor. Yeah, I am sure that there are some wild cars out there that can beat one, and thats all good.

I am glad to see cars becoming fun again. There was a real doldrums for at least a decade and a half, where nothing this side of a few European cars was any fun to drive.

oh, no man, i was telling him to chill for telling you ":whocares: " or whatever, that was directed at him, not you :) i find you as one of the newer guys that actually has interesting input, most of the new people lately have been like "can someone tell me what color underglow i should put on my moms SUV" or something :)

ryder_23
02-04-2004, 01:37 AM
^
yeah, my bad for doing that. Just use to newbies, like googe said, posting retarted shit, just jumped to conclusions i guess. :thumbsup:

Ducati
02-04-2004, 10:21 PM
My head is a little thick, and brain a little soft, but I think I can figure it all out soon.

Still, the STi is one of the best performance bargains on the planet. Just consider all of the great technology and the driving experience. What else made since the halcyon days of the early 70's could match it for the average guy without an exoticar buying budget?

illeagle
02-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Don't worry leo, hopefully, you'll get your chance at one this summer, You can do it!!:whipped:

finboy
02-04-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
Don't worry leo, hopefully, you'll get your chance at one this summer, You can do it!!:whipped:

JOO CAN DOOOO IT!!! :rofl:

JAYMEZ
02-04-2004, 10:57 PM
CUT HIS F^CKING HEAD OFF
:D

Ducati
02-05-2004, 01:28 AM
Who is Leo?
Is that like Waldo, or something?

Im pissing with curiosity.

In retrospect, my STi vs Porsche post may have been an eeentsy bit off the topic, now that I review it. I just wanted to invoke a bit of discussion about this car, as I think the STi is a fantastic vehicle. it would also be interesting to know a bit about the cars that beat the Sti - were they Stock? What was the contest -a stoplite drag, or an all out cross-country blast? Was the guy in the Sti really trying, or did somebody just THINK they beat an STi.

I can only think of perhaps five sub $100,000 cars in stock form capable of maybe beating an Sti.

And really, who is Leo?:D :dunno:

CRXguy
02-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Leo = LUDELVR = troublemaker on the streets! :rofl:

JAYMEZ
02-05-2004, 01:34 PM
I dont think alot of the STis right now are going to be stock for long :D

googe
02-05-2004, 01:50 PM
Who is Leo?
Is that like Waldo, or something?

Im pissing with curiosity.

In retrospect, my STi vs Porsche post may have been an eeentsy bit off the topic, now that I review it. I just wanted to invoke a bit of discussion about this car, as I think the STi is a fantastic vehicle. it would also be interesting to know a bit about the cars that beat the Sti - were they Stock? What was the contest -a stoplite drag, or an all out cross-country blast? Was the guy in the Sti really trying, or did somebody just THINK they beat an STi.

I can only think of perhaps five sub $100,000 cars in stock form capable of maybe beating an Sti.

And really, who is Leo?:D :dunno:

Leo (LUDELUVR) didnt actually beat an STi, he said he will be impressed with them until he beats one. Think you might have misread that. :)

Ducati
02-05-2004, 01:55 PM
Ah, my failing eyes...Too many hallucinogens in the 70's has rendered me stupid.

I agree that the STi is going to me modified, as I have read that 450 hp is being produced by tuners in California. I hope that doesn't turn them into a grenade.

What are the obvious mods that people are going to do to improve the STi?

switch
02-05-2004, 02:19 PM
I don't how much longer I can wait to upgrade to an STi, it is killing me.

googe
02-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Ah, my failing eyes...Too many hallucinogens in the 70's has rendered me stupid.

I agree that the STi is going to me modified, as I have read that 450 hp is being produced by tuners in California. I hope that doesn't turn them into a grenade.

What are the obvious mods that people are going to do to improve the STi?

Most people are waiting on the TurboXS UTEC right now. It still doesnt have a release date. Its the preferred method of engine management for WRX folk. Alot of people are liking Vishnu's XEDE which is similar in functionality, but he hasnt got that in a plug-and-play form yet.

Godspeed is working on a complete stage 4 kit, using a garrett GT35R turbo, which is said to be able to produce over 500 at the wheels. Personally, Id be very surprised and impressed if the internals can take that much power reliably.

Right now over 300 at the wheels can be had with intake, exhaust, boost controller, with a bit of tuning. The big players are still working on their kits, so not much more than that is easily accessible at the moment, unless youre rigging something up yourself.

With that setup, the turbo is said to be maxed out and the duty cycle at 99%, so those would have to be swapped to go any higher.

Im sure a handful will stay stock though, as the STi is a good auto-cross car, and anyone that wants to do real competition has to follow the auto-x regulations. Depends on the buyers desire for the car I guess.

The highest number as far as I know that is public so far is 468hp, which is APS's car. Their stuff is pretty pricey though. That is with a FMIC and turbo upgrade.

Ducati
02-05-2004, 11:27 PM
Holy Snotflinging Jesus - those were great numbers for an LS6 Big Block Chev, back in the Seventies. And thiose were big cars, and they could smoke the tires right down to the cords. I just cannot imagine what it would be like to drive an AWD STi with

That.Guy.S30
02-05-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by switch
I don't how much longer I can wait to upgrade to an STi, it is killing me.

ooo.. your tellin me.. im stuck with a wagon with no turbbbboooooooo ... hahaahah (2.5ts)

CRXguy
02-05-2004, 11:40 PM
buy mine so i can upgrade. no more wrx wannabe! :rofl: :thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
02-06-2004, 12:20 AM
For the mods right now , Ive got the Godspeed Downpipe in , and got the HKS Superflow ordered and the HKS SSQV BOV:D

Now i just gota wait for the bloody UTEC!! As for other mods , well there is not alot available right now , gota wait and see :dunno: :nut:

googe
02-06-2004, 01:02 AM
hmm, apparently Dave from APS has been mentioning to customers unofficially that their car is over 500hp now :drool:

LUDELVR
02-06-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
and the HKS SSQV BOV:D

Where and for how much did you get this for if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking to upgrade my blitz soon. You can PM me if you'd like :thumbsup: Please and thanks!! haha :D

awddrifter
02-10-2004, 11:29 PM
Hmm ive only seen 3 STi's in Calgary... 2 blue (one by race city, other by chinook), and a black (in Midnapore, lady driver).

I want to drive one so bad... *cries* :(

Stupid Mitsu!! Bring up the EVO so theres actually some AWD competition...

googe
02-10-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by awddrifter
Hmm ive only seen 3 STi's in Calgary... 2 blue (one by race city, other by chinook), and a black (in Midnapore, lady driver).

I want to drive one so bad... *cries* :(

Stupid Mitsu!! Bring up the EVO so theres actually some AWD competition...

a black sti with a female driver??

:drool: :drool: :drool:

JAYMEZ
02-11-2004, 12:50 PM
Im by chinook quit alot ,

LUDE as for the HKS BOV kit , i ordered it from Tunerworks it came to $360

CRXguy
02-11-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by googe

a black sti with a female driver??

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Time to go lookin'! :rofl:

JAYMEZ
02-11-2004, 04:38 PM
LOL CRX

Foz
02-12-2004, 10:06 PM
I don't see too many Black WRXs in the city.

Only seen 2 so far.

One my friend owns which is stocked.

The other, I saw at a gas station. And he didn't even bother waving to us.. snobby WRXs..

Actually, the majority of Subaru WRXs and even RSs in Calgary doesn't acknowledge each other.. what's with that?

CRXguy
02-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Foz

Actually, the majority of Subaru WRXs and even RSs in Calgary doesn't acknowledge each other.. what's with that?

True that! I notice a difference between the Impreza guys up here and the ones down in the U.S. They're more friendly down south.

That.Guy.S30
02-12-2004, 10:29 PM
^^ haha thats why i miss my jeep.. jeep culture is so much different and better than this subaru crap.. i used to be able to go get some coffee with strangers and just talk about cars.. or get nice comments on the jeep.. but now every subie i see just looks down on my ass..

Foz
02-12-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

True that! I notice a difference between the Impreza guys up here and the ones down in the U.S. They're more friendly down south.

Yeah, it's big out in the East too. Must be an Alberta thing. Think the guys in Edmonton have better response though.

And mental note, ladies who drive Subarus aren't lesbians anymore..

old rumour.. heh. They've been converted. :thumbsup:

googe
02-12-2004, 10:49 PM
yeah, the edmonton guys seem to have a bit more of a "community" thing going on. i guess us calgarians just suck :)

:(

JAYMEZ
02-13-2004, 12:38 AM
I acknowledge every subaru i see , but some people look at me like , F you , what you looking at .

That.Guy.S30
02-13-2004, 12:40 AM
^^ahha yea no doubt i get that alot.. we should all get some type of sticker to represent.. possibly all beyond.ca stickers?

edit: we should all get the pigs off the wrc sti car! ahah i was goin to buy this a couple months ago but never got to it. just a thought though

Pete92SL
02-13-2004, 01:14 AM
Leo, the guy you saw is named Greg. Not the most approachable person around. He probably wouldn't give you the time of day.

there is also a white one in town.

Pete

JAYMEZ
02-13-2004, 01:58 AM
Ya i saw the white one down town the other day , some bussiness man was drivin it , also saw a silver one , some lady was drivin it

Lagerstatten
02-20-2004, 07:41 PM
Yeah, if it's a white wrx sti, then it belongs to a guy name Jacob, that is if the girl in the car was asian.