PDA

View Full Version : Hostels in Venice, Italy

Kobe
04-21-2012, 02:01 PM
So my cousin ditched out on me today to go to Venice said he can't make it.

It wasn't really the first to do on my list of cities in Europe but the ticket was already paid for (58e)

We were going to rent a hotel in Venice to stay at but if I'm going to be alone I'll just end up renting a hostel.

I've never stayed at once, but has anyone rented one in Venice, Italy? Can you please give me a name/price and if it was good/bad.

Also wondering what part of venice I should stay in, and how much am I looking at a cab from the Airport?

Any "must-see's" in Venice as well

dangleberries
04-21-2012, 09:43 PM
stay off the main island...go to lido where the shits cheaper and less touristed. probably the worst thing about those italian tourist cities are the tourist restaurants that all seem to have the same menus, all bustling with white as shit tourists being serenaded by some greasy dude with a guitar. u probably wont stay long in venice...not much to do there other than watch other tourists pretend to care about how romantic the old square is. rent a car and go drive around the countryside and try to score with some local chicks.

BMDUBS
04-22-2012, 01:20 PM
I dont have any hostle suggestions but I suggest you stay in Mestre which is the city right on the mainland of Venice instead and take a bus. I stayed at a place called the Hotel Kappa and it was very reasonable.

The bus to Venice itself was 20-30 mins from there and it stopped pretty well out front.

As for things to sees here are a few,

-Doge's Palace
-Bronze horses within
-Bridge of Sighs also from within the palace but can be viewed from outside
-The Rialto Bridge
-View from the top of the bell tower

Kobe
04-22-2012, 11:48 PM
I think I'm going to just skip this trip, going to have a car in Poland, and It will prob just be better for me 2 drive out to Italy and drive around instead of just hitting up 1 city...

dangleberries
04-23-2012, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Kobe
I think I'm going to just skip this trip, going to have a car in Poland, and It will prob just be better for me 2 drive out to Italy and drive around instead of just hitting up 1 city... good call.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/images/rialto.jpg

theres the bridge. big whoop. you saved yourself a lot of hassles. if ure driving from poland u might as well detour a bit west and go thru zee alps.

Feruk
04-23-2012, 10:25 AM
I'd say Venice is worth seeing, for a day tops. Beyond the bridge, St. Mark's Square is really the only other notable that comes to mind. Right next to it is a pretty cool market with a great view of the ships coming in. Downside is thousands of gross pigeons everywhere.

We did the camping just outside of Venice and bussed it in every day. Can't find the specific one though, but I think camping's the way to go. Had an absolute blast and everything is provided same as a hostel.