View Full Version : ARC Resources Ltd.

OPGForce
04-22-2012, 12:36 AM
Anyone know much about this company?

Might consider working there.

Thx.

redline
04-22-2012, 07:08 AM
Great company, one of the best in Calgary.

Euro_Trash
04-22-2012, 08:36 AM
Their office is definitely one of the nicest around. I know someone who works there, and I know they made their compensation package much more competitive in the last year or so (with an employee matching program). Sounds like a great place to work.

Free gourmet breakfasts on Wednesday too :D And their gym is top notch!

schocker
04-22-2012, 08:44 AM
As far as I know they are a great company to work for. The company I work for does work for them and from the small amount of contact I have wieh them it seems true, my boss deals with them on everything and I believe is a big fan.

OPGForce
04-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash
Their office is definitely one of the nicest around. I know someone who works there, and I know they made their compensation package much more competitive in the last year or so (with an employee matching program). Sounds like a great place to work.

Free gourmet breakfasts on Wednesday too :D And their gym is top notch!

Can you please elaborate on the "employee matching program"?

The_Rural_Juror
04-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by OPGForce

Can you please elaborate on the "employee matching program"?

They match one employee with another employee. You just have to pray that at the very least it's one of the opposite sex.

Euro_Trash
04-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

They match one employee with another employee. You just have to pray that at the very least it's one of the opposite sex.

Haha nice

The employee puts x% in a savings plan and the company matches it

OPGForce
04-23-2012, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash

Haha nice

The employee puts x% in a savings plan and the company matches it

Hahaha...that's what I thought. I'm noticing companies are just giving savings with no match no a days. :)

Any beyonders working at ARC currently? How are the people?

R-Audi
04-23-2012, 07:56 AM
I was a consultant at ARC ~2 years ago... definitely a great company to work for, and lots of great people.

THE GOVERNATOR
04-28-2012, 06:30 AM
i have delt with alot of the them in the in the oil patch, great guys. good company.

idriveabox
04-28-2012, 07:26 AM
As mentioned above, great company. My mom has been there since it started (nearly). Free breakfasts, gym, wicked benefits etc. very flexible working arrangements and schedules.

OPGForce
04-28-2012, 09:48 AM
Thanks fellow beyonders! I might have an offer next week. :)

Mitsu3000gt
04-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Good company and ridiculous holiday.

Feruk
05-02-2012, 11:00 AM
I think they'll struggle for the short term due to heavy gas weighting, but that means it's a great time to get in stock option wise!

ExtraSlow
05-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Feruk
I think they'll struggle for the short term due to heavy gas weighting, but that means it's a great time to get in stock option wise!
This absoloutley.

OPGForce
05-02-2012, 12:15 PM

Originally posted by ExtraSlow

This absoloutley.

Good call...that's what I'm hoping for. :thumbsup:

R-Audi
05-02-2012, 02:15 PM

They are changing their % more towards oil right now....

Feruk
05-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
They are changing their % more towards oil right now....
Certainly. But that's quite expensive, and they won't be able to fund it through cash flow entirely. They'll take on more debt or issue more shares. Short term troubles, long term the company's gonna do great I think.

R-Audi
05-02-2012, 03:02 PM
From what I understand its simply diverting cash from one side to the other.. not necessarily going out and buying/selling their plays.

Feruk
05-03-2012, 08:51 AM
They're drilling mainly oil wells and diverting money from gas wells to oil wells to re-balance. Let's assume their budget stays the same in both cases (prolly optimistic assumption). The money they are using to fund the drilling is coming from revenues made primarily this year. For easy numbers, let's assume they're 50% gas and gas has dropped 50% in value. Half of their expected gas revenue would not come in, but yet they'd have the same capital spending budget this year. Obviously that's a little over simplified, but the point is money has to come from somewhere to fund this budget.

ExtraSlow
05-03-2012, 09:44 AM
ARC has reduced capital spending for 2012 by $160 million. I would assume that means they have a limied number of oil prospects. But it looks like they are in decent shape to survive the current environment, and they are one of the companies best poised for a recovery in Natural Gas if/when it happens.

ARC press release - Q1 2012 results and guidance (http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/966671/arc-resources-ltd-reports-first-quarter-2012-results-and-a-21-per-cent-reduction-to-the-2012-capital-budget)