PDA

View Full Version : Asian drivers and their "New Driver" signs. WHY?

Pages : [1] 2 3

wardpr68
04-22-2012, 08:03 AM
Please someone explain this to me. Why is it so common for middle aged asian drivers to have a "NEW DRIVER" sign in their rear window? I am sure a large percentage of them aren't even new drivers and it's just an excuse for their shit driving... but hey, maybe someone can enlighten me. Please, break my prejudice..... good luck.

Dilmah
04-22-2012, 08:14 AM
I've also wondered about this, not just middle aged Asians but all new drivers. Does this sign get you something. If it does I'm going to put one in my window, or maybe just tape one to the back of my buddies car. Should be god for a few laughs.:thumbsup:

Nismorphed
04-22-2012, 09:01 AM
To warm people they will probably make sudden no shoulder check lane changes, break checks, no signal turns, 18 kms under speed driving, no warning u turns, most unpredictable driving. Things like these I think.

D'z Nutz
04-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Nismorphed
To warm people they will probably make sudden no shoulder check lane changes, break checks, no signal turns, 18 kms under speed driving, no warning u turns, most unpredictable driving. Things like these I think.

Shouldn't it just be "Asian Driver" then?

ZMan2k2
04-22-2012, 09:07 AM
You want those things, drive Northmount Dr. behind a senior. I can't figure out why they drive 40kph everywhere. Through school and playground zones, regular limit zones, all of it. 40kph consistantly. Then you get the sudden left turn, or the slow down to 30 for no reason, then back up to 40. Drives me crazy, but I use that as the main road for my work delivery area, and I have to put up with it.

xnvy
04-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Shouldn't it just be "Asian Driver" then? :rofl:

Jetta-2.0
04-22-2012, 11:48 AM
who ever puts those signs shouldnt be driving.... they put them to tell u to keep ur distance as they may mess up while driving, to tell u that they are a bit scared behind the wheel and that u should be careful..... when i see them i just change lanes away from them then i give the car a bit so it screams to scare them :rofl: :rofl:

and no "fart can" on my bmw:guns:

BokCh0y
04-22-2012, 12:05 PM
I personally don't see what the big deal is and i don't think that it is just "asian" drivers that have the new driver sign on their cars. I've seen this many times and behind the wheel it was anywhere from a caucasian, Indian to Asian driver. i think it is a nice courtesy to let us know to be patient with them.

BC does something similar for ALL their new drivers, but rather than a huge sign that says new driver, it's a magnetic "N" that you stick on the rear of your vehicle. Once you receive your drivers licnese from them, you are known as a new/novice driver under the graduated drivers program for...i think 18 months now, please correct me if i am wrong.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c103/Stinky_tofu/Online/n.jpg

They also do this for people learning with a learners license.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c103/Stinky_tofu/Online/l.jpg

Like i said, i personally think this is a great idea to let us more experienced drivers know to be patient with those who are learning to drive or just received their license. I can say that receving my license at 16 didn't make me a "pro" automatically, and i would've appreciated some patience from the assholes on the road, rather than have some asshole tailgate me for blocks driving agressively because i was still developing my skills and confidence.

I know that when i see someone with the "N" or the new driver sign on their car, i tend to be more "forgiving" on the shit they do. I just go around them and problem solved.

really....:whocares: :facepalm: :rolleyes:

Sentry
04-22-2012, 12:37 PM
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/219/461099647_d1ab042fef_z.jpg

One of the cars from that guy that makes those super speeders DVDs. :D

J-hop
04-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by ZMan2k2
You want those things, drive Northmount Dr. behind a senior. I can't figure out why they drive 40kph everywhere. Through school and playground zones, regular limit zones, all of it. 40kph consistantly. Then you get the sudden left turn, or the slow down to 30 for no reason, then back up to 40. Drives me crazy, but I use that as the main road for my work delivery area, and I have to put up with it.

Haha that's hilarious I've noticed the 40kph thing too! First you're losing your mind sitting behind them doing 35-40. Then you hit a playground zone and they pull away, then you catch up and repeat the process. Northmount is the worst for that, my parents and the gfs parents live at one end and we live at the other, so frustrating. The worst is when they tailgate you because you're doing 30 in a playground zone. I had a ballsy grandma try to pass me in the one by Brentwood school.

rage2
04-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Wait, you're complaining why? In a perfect world, all shitty asian drivers should be easily identifiable on the road! :rofl:

frozenrice
04-22-2012, 01:03 PM
To me they're like truck nuts. They scream "LOOK AT ME I OWN THE ROAD!!!!! GET THE F*** OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!"

dirtsniffer
04-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Ya I like the N and L system in BC. Did you hear they're intoducing an O as well?

If you are, or have:

Ovaries
Old age
Oriental

You get a magnetic O to stick to your car, and it doesn't stop at one O either. So if you see a car with the OOO stuck on the back watch the fuck out.

Unknown303
04-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Wait, you're complaining why? In a perfect world, all shitty asian drivers should be easily identifiable on the road! :rofl:

Like a big rice bowl decal on the window??

Anton
04-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303

Like a big rice bowl decal on the window??

+1

I think that should be the new beyond decal. I'd sport one for sure.

Unknown303
04-22-2012, 02:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OJEVU.png

MrSector9
04-22-2012, 02:46 PM
i like the magnetic signs, or stickers.... the LAST thing someone that feels they should have the sign up on their car while driving is something blocking their view out the back window.

I have seen some with 2 large signs, one with a whole banner.... and the last to mention was a normal sized sign but when i got beside her she had a piece of "salesheet" tucked in the driver side window..... possibly protect her from the sun?

shadezofgrey
04-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68
Please someone explain this to me. Why is it so common for middle aged asian drivers to have a "NEW DRIVER" sign in their rear window? I am sure a large percentage of them aren't even new drivers and it's just an excuse for their shit driving... but hey, maybe someone can enlighten me. Please, break my prejudice..... good luck.

...maybe in some cases the signs are thrown up because some of them have teenagers who'll borrow the car from time to time? If yer middle-aged that means you're around the right age to have a kid at home askin to take the car out for a spin. Likewise, I'm guessing the signs stay on 24-7 for any number of lazyass or logistical reasons.

Boat
04-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by shadezofgrey

...maybe in some cases the signs are thrown up because some of them have teenagers who'll borrow the car from time to time? If yer middle-aged that means you're around the right age to have a kid at home askin to take the car out for a spin. Likewise, I'm guessing the signs stay on 24-7 for any number of lazyass or logistical reasons.

+1 i was going to post this too.

Kardon
04-22-2012, 07:22 PM
My Asian neighbor has been a new driver for over a year now, keeps a sign on his back window haha

firebane
04-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by MrSector9
i like the magnetic signs, or stickers.... the LAST thing someone that feels they should have the sign up on their car while driving is something blocking their view out the back window.

I have seen some with 2 large signs, one with a whole banner.... and the last to mention was a normal sized sign but when i got beside her she had a piece of "salesheet" tucked in the driver side window..... possibly protect her from the sun?

In BC you'll see Asians driving around with these on their faces:
http://www.goproductionsla.com/blog/images/asian_lady_visor3.jpg

jwslam
04-22-2012, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
still developing my skills and confidence.
Why is it that mine and every other asian mom still a work in progress... :dunno:

cloud7
04-22-2012, 09:36 PM
A few months ago, I got passed by someone with the NEW DRIVER sign downtown. The sign covered 50% of the entire back window and probably 90% of the most critical area of the back window. I guess he hasn't learned to check his rearview mirror yet. BTW, he was white.

reiRei
04-22-2012, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
Ya I like the N and L system in BC. Did you hear they're intoducing an O as well?

If you are, or have:

Ovaries
Old age
Oriental

You get a magnetic O to stick to your car, and it doesn't stop at one O either. So if you see a car with the OOO stuck on the back watch the fuck out.

oh man... one day, I will have one of these "OOO" stickers.. :burnout:

nismodrifter
04-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by firebane

In BC you'll see Asians driving around with these on their faces:
http://www.goproductionsla.com/blog/images/asian_lady_visor3.jpg

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=265664

enjoy!

e31
04-22-2012, 11:04 PM
The thing that I noticed about Asian drivers is that they all have those HUGE aftermarket rear-view mirrors. Not sure if this is done in compensation for the generally poor driving habits or what?

Oh, don't forget to spread the ancient wisdom that celery stalks placed behind ones ears can provide clarity whilst driving, and ensure protection from tickets as well...

firebane
04-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=265664

enjoy!

:rofl: Awesome thread! Great reading material.

Originally posted by e31
The thing that I noticed about Asian drivers is that they all have those HUGE aftermarket rear-view mirrors. Not sure if this is done in compensation for the generally poor driving habits or what?

Oh, don't forget to spread the ancient wisdom that celery stalks placed behind ones ears can provide clarity whilst driving, and ensure protection from tickets as well...

Your probably referring to the "Wink" mirrors? Can use up to 3-5 wide to give you THAT better of view but generally losing your visors?

http://www.holcosales.com/images/gti/winkwink.jpg

DboyNismo
04-22-2012, 11:23 PM
:rofl: this thread is fuckin hilarious. My dad made me put a new driver sign when I got my learners and after one day I was like dad, this is gay. His response...word, take it down I look like a fool.

MalibuStacy
04-22-2012, 11:44 PM
If you see a New Driver sign in the windows or any thing like cd's or sparkly things hanging from the rear view mirror, approach with caution.

firebane
04-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by MalibuStacy
If you see a New Driver sign in the windows or any thing like cd's or sparkly things hanging from the rear view mirror, approach with caution.

Or these:
http://www.oempromo.com/upload/Prod_000/Solar-Waving-Flower_27000016.jpg

FiveFreshFish
04-23-2012, 12:04 AM

Your probably referring to the "Wink" mirrors? Can use up to 3-5 wide to give you THAT better of view but generally losing your visors?

Referring to those clip-on mirrors.
http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/6596/interiorbroadway3lj.gif

firebane
04-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Referring to those clip-on mirrors.
http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/6596/interiorbroadway3lj.gif

Oh those! That is only cause they are so tiny and need a bigger mirror to see around them :nut:

roll_over
04-23-2012, 12:19 AM
i think the best thing to do is just cover your car in duct tape, so other drivers know to stay the f*** away from my car:rofl: :rofl:

nj2Type-S
04-23-2012, 12:29 AM

this. i've been driving for just over 12 years now but my wife had just started driving. i drive her car sometimes and i'm not gonna take the sign off everytime i drive her car, lol. i really don't understand the problem... :dunno:

haha and ya, we're asian..:rofl:

HiTempguy1
04-23-2012, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S

Hey, at least your living up to the stereotype! :rofl:

MalibuStacy
04-23-2012, 08:49 AM

Or these:
http://www.oempromo.com/upload/Prod_000/Solar-Waving-Flower_27000016.jpg
so true:rofl:

nj2Type-S
04-23-2012, 08:50 AM
^lol! haha yeah. i was expecting a pic of me driving my wife's car when i saw this thread LOL!!!:rofl:

wardpr68
04-23-2012, 08:56 AM
I just don't understand why the fuck it is necessary. I learned to drive standard on the absolute worst winter storm day in recent memory (this was like 6 years ago). My dad taught me for 2 hours and then said "ok, good luck" and left.

I had to drive all the way from Canyon Meadows to Edgemont in that blizzard, my first day ever driving standard. Do you think I put a NEW DRIVER sign in my window? fuck no.

The first day I drove alone, do you think I put a new driver sign in my window? Fuck no.

You know why the asians are doing it? Because they pay for their fucking license without passing a test or they get their own kind to administer their driving test.

It's a fucking joke. Nj2Type-S, why the fuck does your wife have a new driver sign? If she's THAT shitty at driving, how the fuck did she get her license? Maybe she shouldn't be driving if she's that bad!

CapnCrunch
04-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Shouldn't it just be "Asian Driver" then?

Bam, this thread is over.

:rofl:

nj2Type-S
04-23-2012, 09:05 AM
i didn't have a sign up when i started driving, either. i try to think that guys are generally better drivers to begin with, anyway. she's actually a pretty good driver but i put a sign up just to give people a head's up that she's still just getting used to it so just please bear with her.

again, i don't see the harm in putting the sign up but to each, their own.

ZorroAMG
04-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Blah blah

Again, WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING!?!

I LIKE knowing which car around me sucks dick at driving so i can be a lane or two away from them, way behind or way in front of them. It's a good service they are doing.

Until you can make asian drivers pass a different, more strict test, allowing them the privilege of sharing the road with you, Andetti, try to keep your panties from bunching.

PS you live in Calgary....no right to complain. Try living here in Van, your brain would explode.

Tomaz
04-23-2012, 10:07 AM
I figured there was some benefit to having that sign in your car. But if there is no benefit, then why do it? "Courtesy" and "patience" is not a valid answer either. I know an 18 wheeler is heavy and slow, but that doesn't stop me from getting frustrated (sometimes angry) every time I'm stuck behind one driving through the mountains.

Skyline_Addict
04-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Cool story bro.

http://s18.postimage.org/ke6m7nxid/IMG00094_20090607_1541.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/ke6m7nxid/)

I just don't understand why the fuck it is necessary. I learned to drive standard on the absolute worst winter storm day in recent memory (this was like 6 years ago). My dad taught me for 2 hours and then said "ok, good luck" and left.

I had to drive all the way from Canyon Meadows to Edgemont in that blizzard, my first day ever driving standard. Do you think I put a NEW DRIVER sign in my window? fuck no.

The first day I drove alone, do you think I put a new driver sign in my window? Fuck no.

You know why the asians are doing it? Because they pay for their fucking license without passing a test or they get their own kind to administer their driving test.

It's a fucking joke. Nj2Type-S, why the fuck does your wife have a new driver sign? If she's THAT shitty at driving, how the fuck did she get her license? Maybe she shouldn't be driving if she's that bad!

bigbadboss101
04-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by ZMan2k2

Bingo. 40 km in school zones, and in 50 zones, and 80 km in 100 zones. Instead of New Driver it should say bad drivers. Asian female drivers are particularly scary!! In Vancouver they all like to back into parking spot. It takes most of them 42 minutes to park a car.

Chester
04-23-2012, 11:48 AM
My asshole co-workers always stick a magnetic "New Driver" sign to my trunk and I never notice lol

quorum
04-23-2012, 02:20 PM
a

ZorroAMG
04-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Chill out Quorum, it's not racist, it's kinda fact...stereotypes don't come out of thin air. Again, come drive in Vancouver on a daily basis, you'll see what I mean.

Modelexis
04-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Chill out Quorum, it's not racist, it's kinda fact...stereotypes don't come out of thin air. Again, come drive in Vancouver on a daily basis, you'll see what I mean.

It's a bit racist...It may be true that asian people are generally not as good drivers as (insert race) but it's a bit racist to say that all asian people should have a harsher driving test simply because of their skin color and not because of their actual driving skill level.

It's like saying that because black people generally have a high number of people that end up in jail we should send all black people to jail.
Or white men generally cannot jump, therefore we should ban them from basketball.

JRSC00LUDE
04-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Well quorum most of us know who the assholes are, we just wait for the idiots to reveal themselves. Thanks for coming out.

In other words, if anything this is "small r" racism...sterotyping is a more accurate description. You're over-reacting.

FiveFreshFish
04-23-2012, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Again, come drive in Vancouver on a daily basis, you'll see what I mean.

Most definitely agree. More Asians and narrower lanes in Vancouver.

JRSC00LUDE
04-23-2012, 03:52 PM

Originally posted by nj2Type-S

this. i've been driving for just over 12 years now but my wife had just started driving. i drive her car sometimes and i'm not gonna take the sign off everytime i drive her car, lol. i really don't understand the problem... :dunno:

So......since you don't mention the kids part, you're saying your teenager (wife) just turned 16? Sweet. Pics in 2 years.

ichewyou
04-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

So......since you don't mention the kids part, you're saying your teenager (wife) just turned 16? Sweet. Pics in 2 years.
Where do you pull that logic out?

JRSC00LUDE
04-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by ichewyou

Where do you pull that logic out?

Hmmm.....perhaps my extrapolation and your existence are both evidence that the pull-out method doesn't always work.

wardpr68
04-23-2012, 05:24 PM
It's not racist. It's fucking fact. Go drive in the Hamptons.

ichewyou
04-23-2012, 05:25 PM

Hmmm.....perhaps my extrapolation and your existence are both evidence that the pull-out method doesn't always work.
?

Perhaps your extrapolation would be everyone's getting married at age 16? and if you do have a wife, she must be 16 and in your terms. Pics please in 2 years.

P.S. 1976? fake or real, nonetheless. 36 and 16.

firebane
04-23-2012, 05:32 PM
It's a fucking joke. Nj2Type-S, why the fuck does your wife have a new driver sign? If she's THAT shitty at driving, how the fuck did she get her license? Maybe she shouldn't be driving if she's that bad! [/B]

A lot of people figure by putting up these signs in their cars people will get them more leniency on the road and be more forgiving.

Personally seeing these on cars makes me more frustrated at them because they are always doing 10 under the speed limit. Stopping completely at yield signs or don't have a clue how to merge or drive in highway traffic

wardpr68
04-23-2012, 05:41 PM
My issue is that it's basically a sign that should read "I can't fucking drive"

If you can't drive, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU ON THE ROAD?

speedog
04-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by ichewyou

? Hilarious - thx JRSC00LUDE.

Unknown303
04-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by quorum
Ha ha! What gets me are the smelly hairy white guys driving big V8 F150s and wearing redneck trucker caps who love to tail-gate and change lanes without signaling. They obviously got their license from their inbred cousins whom they shagged.

..WTF is with all the racism in this thread??

Word of advice people: people remember other races doing stupid things because they are tuned to getting pissed off by those in that racial group, but forgetting when it’s committed by someone else not of that prejudiced group.

I've seen plenty of people with those signs, and they are of every race, but heck maybe if I was a Neo-Nazi I'd think they were all gay.

Good to know who are the assholes on this forum.

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n509/JDMStalker/oh-so-you-mad-bro-thumb.png

nj2Type-S
04-23-2012, 07:29 PM

lol, no she's not 16 and no to pix LOL :rofl:

haha! i was waiting for somebody to post a "u mad bro" lol!

nobb
04-23-2012, 07:38 PM
My issue is that it's basically a sign that should read "I can't fucking drive"

If you can't drive, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU ON THE ROAD?

So you were never a new and inexperienced driver? Oh wait, that's right...everyone on Beyond is a race car driver from birth.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-23-2012, 07:40 PM
It's not racist. It's fucking fact. Go drive in the Hamptons.

This. Its terrible here!

btimbit
04-23-2012, 07:53 PM
I kinda get the point, but take drivers ed if you're uncomfortable enough to need a sign

HiTempguy1
04-23-2012, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by nobb

So you were never a new and inexperienced driver? Oh wait, that's right...everyone on Beyond is a race car driver from birth.

This is a bullshit excuse. You are piloting a 3500+ pound death machine on wheels. It deserves respect and the proper attention span to operate. You are also operating it surrounded by people that have places to f*&king be.

Everyone in Alberta has access to the necessary training to be a good driver. It's also not rocket science to hold a vehicle in a straight line, signal when turning, and above all else DRIVE THE SPEED LIMIT SO YOU AREN'T A ROLLING ROAD BLOCK.

All of these reasons are why the "N" or student driver signs are bullshit. They try to excuse poor behavior/skill as simply being new at something, which most aren't and have been driving like shit for years. Rather than improving their skills to an acceptable level, they assume that going "haha I SUCK at driving, lol, look at my N sticker!" somehow redeems them of their laziness. And THIS drives me way more crazy than their poor driving, but their attitude about their poor driving.

dirtsniffer
04-23-2012, 08:36 PM
hahah fuck, when I was 14 learning to drive I probably could have used a sticker. not that i was driving anywhere with traffic. but ya you guys make it sound like you popped out the womb heel n' toein

wardpr68
04-23-2012, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by btimbit
I kinda get the point, but take drivers ed if you're uncomfortable enough to need a sign

EXACTLY! No, I was not born an amazing driver. I practiced with my dad a lot, and I took drivers ed and took it seriously. If someone said to me "you can just go pay for your license at Wei Chong's registry" i would have said FUCK NO! I want to ensure I am WELL AND READY to drive before I get my license.

Apparently these idiots with the new drivers sign don't care... they just want to drive, no matter how shitty they are.

rage2
04-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Really wished buddy in front of me today (old white dude) had a new driver sign. He was driving kinda slow, 5km under the limit, but I was just relaxing and enjoying my drive so I stayed behind him. Merged onto Crowchild together, and he went 60, along with me and everyone else stuck behind him. Talk about dangerous, total sketch for everyone merging in since the flow of traffic on Crowchild is about 100 up in the NW.

I really wish every shitty driver, or anyone that doesn't have the confidence to drive anything higher than 60 put up a new/shitty driver sign, so I can pass them and stay out of trouble. Asian or not.

dirtsniffer
04-24-2012, 06:57 AM
Apparently these idiots with the new drivers sign don't care... they just want to drive, no matter how shitty they are.

how are they supposed to get experience without driving?

2Legit2Quit
04-24-2012, 07:11 AM
Because driving skills too strong.

Warning on ads and content, don't see anything overly bad but just major wtfwtfwtf

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82475549/

btimbit
04-24-2012, 11:18 AM

how are they supposed to get experience without driving?

Drivers Ed worked for me. Throwing myself into a car with a homemade sign and no clue what's going on, probably not as effective.

nj2Type-S
04-24-2012, 12:02 PM
i know lots of people who had taken driver's ed (no, not some asian-owned driving school like some of you may suggest) and still put the 'new driver' sign up because that's what they were - new drivers. if they had just started driving and are still getting their confidence up, the last thing they need is some guy yelling at them or giving them the finger.

yes, i do get annoyed when people (asian or otherwise) drive below the speed limit but what am i supposed to do? ram them? at least with the 'new driver sign', i know i have to pass them so they won't hold me up. unless it's one lane, then you're screwed haha :rofl:

heavyD
04-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Really wished buddy in front of me today (old white dude) had a new driver sign. He was driving kinda slow, 5km under the limit, but I was just relaxing and enjoying my drive so I stayed behind him. Merged onto Crowchild together, and he went 60, along with me and everyone else stuck behind him. Talk about dangerous, total sketch for everyone merging in since the flow of traffic on Crowchild is about 100 up in the NW.

I really wish every shitty driver, or anyone that doesn't have the confidence to drive anything higher than 60 put up a new/shitty driver sign, so I can pass them and stay out of trouble. Asian or not.

Contrary to popular belief driving a car requires a certain amount of skill, awareness, and tact. Unfortunately a good portion of the population isn't exactly gifted in these areas yet everyone gets to drive. Throw in distractions like navigation systems, cell phones, alcohol, etc and it's no wonder insurrance companies are so busy in this city.

quorum
04-24-2012, 01:02 PM
a

Canmorite
04-24-2012, 01:07 PM

If you are, or have:

Ovaries
Old age
Oriental

Dealt with Ms. Ovaries yesterday. It was a two lane road with cars parked on either side, with plenty of room to pass each other. She drove down the middle of the road hogging it so I wouldn't get by. I kept my speed (~30) and flashed my lights. She slammed on her brakes, moved a bit into my lane and screamed "For fuck sakes stop!"...and I glided by with room on either side :rofl:

quorum
04-24-2012, 01:07 PM
a

quorum
04-24-2012, 01:11 PM
a

gretz
04-24-2012, 01:18 PM

Whaaaaaaaaaanh

I laugh at people like you... What is your race?

ercchry
04-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by gretz

i put $20 on him being white, and sheltered :rofl:

btimbit
04-24-2012, 01:21 PM

First let's clarify what you define as "fact":

Is it:
1. All Asian drivers are bad
2. All people driving in the Hamptons (or wherever) with a "new driver" sign are Asian

Because I know that both are not true, and if you truly believe either are true, then it is your interpretation (aka "selective memory") that you are believing as fact, and it's an interpretation with its roots in racism. You are a racist, and everything you've said in this thread indicates it.

Have a glass of water and do some breathing exercises. I've almost been hit by white people, black people, natives, indians, yet the majority of near misses I encounter involve an Asian.

Stereotyping? Maybe, but it's still true. I'm not saying that all Asians can't drive, but I've had a lot more close calls with them than black guys.:dunno:

Back on topic, I think too many people use their homemade "New Driver" signs as an excuse not to learn/improve themselves. Next time you see one of the "New Drivers" look at them. Most of them leaning over the steering wheel, staring straight ahead, oblivious of blind spots, the ambulance behind trying to get around, and yes, they're mostly Asians.

sr20s14zenki
04-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by gretz

hes going to say hes not asian, but i almost gaurantee he is.

Oh, and why dont you chill out, because guess what, there are a few people who are posting in this thread that i know for a FACT are ASIAN and THEY are bashing asian drivers. Stereotypes, while not entirely based on fact, come from somewhere.

I wont take a racist stance, ill take this one, 80% of the people in this city cant drive...that sums it up pretty good, you do the "minority" math.

gretz
04-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Hey quorum, type the first race that comes to mind when you see the word "sushi" > you are racist / stereotyping lol

btimbit
04-24-2012, 01:30 PM

ps. "stereotyping someone based on race" is racism. You can't be racist without stereotyping. :rolleyes:

You forgot to add that it's also usually hilarious.

JRSC00LUDE
04-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Now and go join some white supremacist march so us decent Canadians can go lynch your racist ass.

ps. "stereotyping someone based on race" is racism. You can't be racist without stereotyping. :rolleyes:

I can only assume you two are related......yes?

http://life.nationalpost.com/2012/04/21/atheist-ashu-solo-threatens-human-rights-complaint-after-saskatoon-councillors-dinner-blessing/

Xtrema
04-24-2012, 03:03 PM

First let's clarify what you define as "fact":

Is it:
1. All Asian drivers are bad
2. All people driving in the Hamptons (or wherever) with a "new driver" sign are Asian

Because I know that both are not true, and if you truly believe either are true, then it is your interpretation (aka "selective memory") that you are believing as fact, and it's an interpretation with its roots in racism. You are a racist, and everything you've said in this thread indicates it.

1. No, but bad drivers are usually Asian. Mostly likely because Chinese (FOBs, not Canadian Chinese) is not a culture where driving is a necessity. It's more a luxury. So at the same age, FOBs don't have as much road experience as people who has their license since 16. And man, we have a lot of FOBs in Calgary last few years.

2. Again, not all but I have seen my share of New Driver sign. It's great. I stay the hell back. They usually don't signal and never keep right on right turns. Or drive at 10-20km below speed limit.

That said, I think it's about time we employ the N sticker like BC. It's more regulated and you don't have these idiots with ginormous "New Driver" sign that block out the whole rear window and can't see thru it.

disclaimer: I'm Chinese.

wardpr68
04-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Wow Quorom, you are actually offended by all this and think I am racist?

I have an Italian heritage... go ahead, bring it! Ya, I fucken love my pasta, eat that shit every single day. Am I greasy? God damn rights I am. Bring it on!

Sure stereotypes are NOT 100% TRUE, but they don't just come into someones imagination.... there is usually some backing to it.

No, I am not a complete racist against asians. I have many asian friends, and they are great guys. But a large large portion of asians SUCK at driving. Far more than any other race, in my experience.

Cry for me baby. :cry:

JRSC00LUDE
04-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
That said, I think it's about time we employ the N sticker like BC.

I don't see how labelling them as "N"iggers is going to help this argument. :dunno:

quorum, thoughts?

wardpr68
04-24-2012, 04:15 PM

I don't see how labelling them as "N"iggers is going to help this argument. :dunno:

quorum, thoughts?

Hahahaha ok, while I usually hate that word, that was well done.

quorum
04-24-2012, 04:31 PM
a

wardpr68
04-24-2012, 04:51 PM
NW Calgary is where I find this the most. Specifically the Hamptons, Edgemont, Hawkwood. I'm not sure about Edgemont and Hawkwood, but the Hamptons DEFINITELY has a huge asian population.

Perhaps I should keep a record of all the retarded things I come across while driving.... it could be interesting research. I like research :)

triplep
04-24-2012, 05:54 PM
stuff

Is it me? Or does this kinda sound like something modelexis would write? Did he finally get tired of people ignoring him/ blocking him that he needed a new profile?

And just a thought? I always thought that FOB was slur against people coming from asia? So you using it wouldn't it make you a racist yourself?

heavyD
04-26-2012, 08:08 AM
NW Calgary is where I find this the most. Specifically the Hamptons, Edgemont, Hawkwood. I'm not sure about Edgemont and Hawkwood, but the Hamptons DEFINITELY has a huge asian population.

Yeah it's exploded up here. When I first moved up here in the 90's the Hamptons seemed to be where they were the most concentrated but Asians now there are lots in Hawkwood, Citadel and Edgemont. I actually don't mind because I find Asians take good care of their properties and lawns. The driving bit can be scary at times though.

HK2NR
04-26-2012, 10:22 AM
black and yellow black and yellow and whatever's in between...
young male or female (under 25) - 60/40 mixed bag of who knows how to drive

male or female mid-old age, the worse for not staying in their lane, 20 under, unsafe lane changes/turns, no signal, tapping on brakes for no reason

old age male or female (over 50) - GTFO

whites -
young males (under 25) - speed on green/red light runners, traffic weavers
mid age males - least of my worries, unless its a truck or bmw
old age males (over 60)- 40km/h everywhere like someone said before

young females (under 25)- 30km over everywhere, tailgaters
middle aged females - 10-20 km/hr under, tailgaters
old age females (over 60) - 30km/hr or 100km/hr nothing in between, tailgaters

Xtrema
04-26-2012, 12:10 PM
but the Hamptons DEFINITELY has a huge asian population.

http://i.imgur.com/RNYxH.jpg

60% minority, probably more now. And I think of that 60% the split is at least 50/50 between Asians and South Asians.

Originally posted by heavyD

Yeah it's exploded up here. When I first moved up here in the 90's the Hamptons seemed to be where they were the most concentrated but Asians now there are lots in Hawkwood, Citadel and Edgemont. I actually don't mind because I find Asians take good care of their properties and lawns. The driving bit can be scary at times though.

There are tons of Asians in NW, period.

There is a reason why T&T picked the Country Hills spot.

wardpr68
04-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

I actually don't mind because I find Asians take good care of their properties and lawns. The driving bit can be scary at times though.

Good care of their property and lawn?
I have seen Hamptons look shittier over the last few years due to the Asians moving in. They have $100,000 worth of cars in the garage but they can’t water or fertilize their lawn, paint the window frames, or put their black and blue carts away. Instead, they have them next to their front door so they can enjoy the smell of garbage.

Don't believe me? I will GLADLY take photos to prove it.

wardpr68
04-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Also... surprise, surprise....

I just sat through an entire set of lights behind a young female asian driver. She was turning left onto John Laurie Blvd and did not go through, no cars even close!! On the next green light she finally turned and travelled 50-60 k in the left lane. Semi’s were even passing her. She was clueless!

btimbit
04-27-2012, 11:08 AM

I have seen Hamptons look shittier over the last few years due to the Asians moving in. They have $100,000 worth of cars in the garage but they can’t water or fertilize their lawn, paint the window frames, or put their black and blue carts away. Instead, they have them next to their front door so they can enjoy the smell of garbage.

$100k worth of cars that are also leased. Meanwhile they have a brown rainforest for a lawn. It's getting worse and worse down here in the SW too

CompletelyNumb
04-27-2012, 11:18 AM

:werd:

Too busy stealing neighbours bottles to water their lawn :rofl:

G
04-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by CompletelyNumb

:werd:

Too busy stealing neighbours bottles to water their lawn :rofl:

Water cost money and if you water too much the grass will need mowing and going to cost more money for gas for the lawnmower. When i do mow I use the weedwacker cheaper on gas...money dont grow on tree.

ichewyou
04-27-2012, 12:02 PM
So this thread is going no where with rants about asians. What are you going to do about the grass? What are you going to do about the new driver signs? What are you going to do with the bad asian drivers?

Nothing cause you can't do a simple shit thing about it.

And one last thing, Beyond isn't Bitchyond, stop bitching.

G
04-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Anyone notice that the breed of mainlanders all drive domestic cars?