PDA

View Full Version : Arm expansion programs?

A790
04-22-2012, 10:19 PM
Anyone ever tried one that worked?

Looking for the whole routine - legs, arms, back, etc.

Must have squats/deadlifts in there.

Any suggestions?

KRyn
04-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Get a book called "Winning the Arms Race"

scboss
04-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Ive been experimenting with FST-7 over the last 4 months and have got some serious size gains

Check it out online its some hype stuff

http://www.fst-7.com/fst7.html

revelations
04-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by warcaster
Ive been experimenting with FST-7 over the last 4 months and have got some serious size gains

Check it out online its some hype stuff

http://www.fst-7.com/fst7.html

Props to you for working out 5 days a week. :thumbsup:

(I'm happy with 1-2 times a week)

scboss
04-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Including cardio its actually 6 hahaha. When I do strength training im only training 3-4 times per week. True bodybuilding is a different animal, 4 days minimum for just lifting.

A790
04-24-2012, 12:12 AM
Here's my template. Feedback welcomed :)

Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun, with Tues/Thurs being dedicated to softball (low intesity cardio :)). Going to runt his routine for 6 weeks and see how I do.

Mon - Arms

Barbell curl 3x8
Close grip bench press 3x6
Dumbell curl 3x8
Weighted dips 3x8
Dumbbell preacher curl 3x6
Tricep pushdown 3x8
Hammer curl 3x6

Wed - Leg

Squat 5x5
Calf raise 3x8
Stiff-leg deadlifts 3x6
Lunge 3x6
Leg curl 3x8

Fri - Chest/Shoulders

Flat bench 5x5
Overhead press 3x8
Incline dumbbell press 3x8
Barbell shoulder press 3x6
Dumbell shrugs 3x8
Upright row 3x6

Sat - Back

Pull up 3x8 OR chin up 3x8
Deadlift 5x5
Cable row 3x8
Bent row 3x8
Back raise 3x6

Thoughts? I've never followed a routine with so much isolation work before.

scboss
04-24-2012, 12:24 AM
Are you going more for size during this program or are you trying to keep your 5x5 going up?

My arm day looks like this (keep in mind its high volume BB style)

Warmup
Chin ups ss/Dips 3x12
French Press 4x12
Incline Bench Bicep Curl 4x12
Close Grip Bench 4x12
Ez Curl Bar 4x12
(all 1min breaks)

Tricep Pushdown (cable) 7x12
Hammer Curls 7x12
(30 sec breaks)

A790
04-24-2012, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by warcaster
Are you going more for size during this program or are you trying to keep your 5x5 going up?

My arm day looks like this (keep in mind its high volume BB style)

Warmup
Chin ups ss/Dips 3x12
French Press 4x12
Incline Bench Bicep Curl 4x12
Close Grip Bench 4x12
Ez Curl Bar 4x12
(all 1min breaks)

Tricep Pushdown (cable) 7x12
Hammer Curls 7x12
(30 sec breaks)

Would like a bit more volume in my biceps. I kept the 5x5 for core lifts because I'm still seeing significant increases in the weight I can move following that rep scheme.

scboss
04-26-2012, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by A790

Would like a bit more volume in my biceps. I kept the 5x5 for core lifts because I'm still seeing significant increases in the weight I can move following that rep scheme.

Yeah then really focus on every rep and do higher reps. When it comes to putting on size fast the amount of weight you lift dosnt matter. One of my favorite BB said it best.
m8wZNGL4iA4

zipdoa
04-26-2012, 04:37 AM
Try the Zyzz workout I posted. I'd post pics of my results but I don't wanna suffer the same fate as m.alex!!!

KRyn
04-26-2012, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by zipdoa
Try the Zyzz workout I posted. I'd post pics of my results but I don't wanna suffer the same fate as m.alex!!!

Bro, you miring?

zipdoa
04-26-2012, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by KRyn

Bro, you miring?

Shredded as FUAAARRRKKKK

cet
04-26-2012, 10:04 AM
^ do you even lift?

A790
04-26-2012, 10:39 AM
What was your weight/bf%/measurements before/after?

I've never tried a BB program before as I've always been more concerned about strength as opposed to size, but I'm thinking about doing a couple of six week BB cycles to see how it works.

Never hurts to try something new.

zipdoa
04-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by A790

What was your weight/bf%/measurements before/after?

I've never tried a BB program before as I've always been more concerned about strength as opposed to size, but I'm thinking about doing a couple of six week BB cycles to see how it works.

Never hurts to try something new.

I've been recovering from massive injuries this past summer (two broken arms, two luxated patellas, severe concussion) so I've only just been able to get back into the gym as of 2.5 months ago. I started at about 210lbs on February 1st, and at my latest weigh in I'm approximately 241lbs @ 6'7. I've never calipered my body fat, but being an ectomorph I'd estimate that I'm currently at 10% bf. Unfortunately I haven't done measurements either, but I'll get some done when I get back home from France come the end of May.

I'm a bit different than you... At first I was concerned with strength, but I'll admit to being vain and aesthetics are my primary concern. Without a doubt you'll see an increase in size if you switch to a program akin to Zyzz. I will also admit to being a bit of a fanboy :D .

I don't take any supplements, I just eat well and often, and I have a pretty intense shake every morning. My goal is 260lbs @ 8% bf.

Originally posted by cet
^ do you even lift?

Yes. 5 days a week. Feel free to join me at Golds Northland - I could use a lifting partner.

A790
04-26-2012, 07:19 PM

I've been recovering from massive injuries this past summer (two broken arms, two luxated patellas, severe concussion) so I've only just been able to get back into the gym as of 2.5 months ago. I started at about 210lbs on February 1st, and at my latest weigh in I'm approximately 241lbs @ 6'7. I've never calipered my body fat, but being an ectomorph I'd estimate that I'm currently at 10% bf. Unfortunately I haven't done measurements either, but I'll get some done when I get back home from France come the end of May.

I'm a bit different than you... At first I was concerned with strength, but I'll admit to being vain and aesthetics are my primary concern. Without a doubt you'll see an increase in size if you switch to a program akin to Zyzz. I will also admit to being a bit of a fanboy :D .

I don't take any supplements, I just eat well and often, and I have a pretty intense shake every morning. My goal is 260lbs @ 8% bf.

What's this Zyzz plan?

And holy fuck... 260lbs @ 8%?! Jesus christ!