PDA

View Full Version : What would beyonders do? (kijiji sale)

j3vuong
04-23-2012, 12:51 PM
So here's the situation.
I sold a car deck on kijiji last night. Now the guy who bought it wants a refund cause he doesn't need it anymore. I told him sale was final. Now he won't stop calling and texting. His last message was saying that he would come to my house and expect his $40 back. I didn't post my address but I did have my postal code up.

Do I give him a refund or refuse, I just need a little more perspective.

JRSC00LUDE
04-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Tell him to get bent, his buyers remorse is not your problem. It doesn't SOUND like you scammed him (ie. non working sold as working) or the like so piss on him, he can resell it.

G-ZUS
04-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Tell him to pound sand or buy it back off him for half price

Masked Bandit
04-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Beat it hippie. As long as it was in the condition advertised (working / not working) tough luck for him.

j3vuong
04-23-2012, 01:00 PM
The deck itself is working, he just says its not what he was looking for. He also threatened to have the police involved, though I doubt they would care much.

G-ZUS
04-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by j3vuong
The deck itself is working, he just says its not what he was looking for. He also threatened to have the police involved, though I doubt they would care much.

:nut: :rofl:

colsankey
04-23-2012, 01:03 PM
If you misled him, consider it "good business" to look at refunding the $40. If it was exactly as described and he just doesnt want it anymore, I'd send him a link to Kijiji.

JRSC00LUDE
04-23-2012, 01:09 PM

Then screw him. Offer to call the police for him if he comes by, that'll immediately end his bluff....he's just trying to intimidate you and obviously has no idea what he is talking about.

j3vuong
04-23-2012, 01:14 PM
Thanks for all the input. I offered him a partial refund for the inconvenience ($20) and he was nothing but rude. I felt like being a nice person.

Also I had a dream last night that I got shanked over $20 and for once, I don't want my dreams to come true

D'z Nutz
04-23-2012, 01:18 PM
This guy sounds like he's brown or yellow.

Kloubek
04-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Police wouldn't give two shits.

Did he come to your house? That'd be my only concern.

You have no moral obligation whatsoever to take it back.

j3vuong
04-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Actually the guy was black. And technically I sold it to his wife, but he's the one calling me.

j3vuong
04-23-2012, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Police wouldn't give two shits.

Did he come to your house? That'd be my only concern.

You have no moral obligation whatsoever to take it back.

I'm afraid he might, even though he doesn't know where I live exactly, but he does know the community.

JRSC00LUDE
04-23-2012, 01:21 PM
Thanks for all the input. I offered him a partial refund for the inconvenience ($20) and he was nothing but rude. I felt like being a nice person.

Also I had a dream last night that I got shanked over $20 and for once, I don't want my dreams to come true

Then offer him the opportunity to go to hell. Tell him he could have made 40 bucks in the time he's spent bickering with you after changing his mind for no reason.

Offer him a credit on any future items you put up for sale proved he return the deck in the condition he received it in.

gretz
04-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Tell him he should be more worried about his wife cheating than the $40 for the deck > that'll keep him off you for a while j/k..

What kind of deck is it?

j3vuong
04-23-2012, 01:23 PM
its was a JVC KD-G720

HomespunLobster
04-23-2012, 01:26 PM
You sold him an item, no receipts involved, no return policies, he just "doesn't want it"

Does he expect you are a futureshop or something and return it?

2Legit2Quit
04-23-2012, 01:26 PM
$40? lulz, tell him to pound sand and sell it on kijiji himself now.

j3vuong
04-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by HomespunLobster
You sold him an item, no receipts involved, no return policies, he just "doesn't want it"

His exact response to me saying final sale was "No Sale is final. This is Canada. Don't let me have to go to the cops"
I should have sold him Grammer for dummies.

K3RMiTdot
04-23-2012, 01:32 PM
if it wasnt what he wanted, he shouldnt of sent his wife to fetch it for him.
Id pretty much tell him to go eat shit, its kijiji

shakalaka
04-23-2012, 01:34 PM
lol I would actually call the cops on this guy if he harasses or threatens you.

gretz
04-23-2012, 01:41 PM

... and you could have grabbed "Spelling for Dummies" with the money

G-ZUS
04-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by gretz

... and you could have grabbed "Spelling for Dummies" with the money

BAZING

desi112
04-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Call the cops.

Disoblige
04-23-2012, 01:54 PM
LOL @ this supposed guy's wife who buys something off of Kijiji and then the husband thinks it's OK to tell OP they don't want it anymore and expect a refund on a perfectly functional, as described product.

No Sale is final. This is Canada. Don't let me have to go to the cops

:rofl:

JudasJimmy
04-23-2012, 01:56 PM
He can always resell it kijiji for $50 if doesn't need it anymore. Either way it's not your problem.

bastardchild
04-23-2012, 01:59 PM
All this drama over $40 :rofl:

Some people amaze me.

A790
04-23-2012, 02:00 PM

His exact response to me saying final sale was "No Sale is final. This is Canada. Don't let me have to go to the cops"
Your exact response should be as follows:

In Canada there are laws applicable to commercial businesses regarding the ethics surrounding the sale of new and used goods. I am aware of this. However, none of these laws are applicable to the sale of the car stereo you purchased as it was made clear in the ad, and when the sale was made, that this was a private, non-refundable sale.

Unfortunately, your lack of need for the car stereo is not a condition that would warrant enough cause for me to refund your money. Remember, I am a private individual and this was a private sale. There are no return policies stated, implied, or required. I invite you to explore the laws associated with private sales at your leisure, though you will wind up right where you are at this present moment.

As it stands there is no longer a necessity for you and I to continue to communicate. Please refrain from contacting me any further. Continuing to contact me will be interpreted as harassment, of which there are laws in place that enable me to pursue you in the event you wish to continue to do so.

Regards,

YOUR NAME

j3vuong
04-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Today, A790, You are my hero

FraserB
04-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Tell him that $40 IS a partial refund since his wife "convinced" you to drop the price from $60.

Sit back and watch lulz.

Chester
04-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Block his number:dunno:
If he shows up at your house threatening you, call the cops.

speedog
04-23-2012, 02:14 PM
OP - next time sit down and take a minute or two to just think logically about the situation. Ask yourself what you would've done if you were in the other person's shoes - most normal people would've sucked it up and have relisted the item on Kijiji. That said, there's a lot of not so normal people cruising Kijiji who are always looking for a deal, who will do anything to look after themselves first and if you (OP) want to be a doormat for one of them, then go ahead and do the refund.

Neil4Speed
04-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Wow Cam, Impressive bit of dialog there.

BananaFob
04-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by A790

/SNIP

Regards,

YOUR NAME

Sub out "Regards" with "Govern yourself accordingly" and you're set!

DGill
04-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by A790

In Canada there are laws applicable to commercial businesses regarding the ethics surrounding the sale of new and used goods. I am aware of this. However, none of these laws are applicable to the sale of the car stereo you purchased as it was made clear in the ad, and when the sale was made, that this was a private, non-refundable sale.

Unfortunately, your lack of need for the car stereo is not a condition that would warrant enough cause for me to refund your money. Remember, I am a private individual and this was a private sale. There are no return policies stated, implied, or required. I invite you to explore the laws associated with private sales at your leisure, though you will wind up right where you are at this present moment.

As it stands there is no longer a necessity for you and I to continue to communicate. Please refrain from contacting me any further. Continuing to contact me will be interpreted as harassment, of which there are laws in place that enable me to pursue you in the event you wish to continue to do so.

Regards,

YOUR NAME
Perfect :clap:

kvg
04-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Good call a790:thumbsup:

Graham_A_M
04-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Good Call A790. If threatens to call the Police; let him know the sale is final and thats that. Any further communication to you on his behalf can warrant harassment, which I assume is reason enough for him to back off.

Honestly? tell him to eat a dick. Because he "doesn't want it anymore" isn't any reasonable clause for you to buy it back from him. How do you know he didn't try to install it and ruin it? now he's of course trying to get his money back because "he doesn't need it anymore". :rolleyes:

There is nothing he can do, and just because he knows what neighborhood you live in doesn't mean a damn thing. I'd call your cell provider to put his number on block, and go on your merry way.

There is absolutely nothing he can do in any regard. The police will also tell him politely to "eat a dick" but in a much more professional manner.
:thumbsup: I wouldn't lose two winks of sleep over this. He was in the wrong, and he needs to understand that. Threatening you in any regard is un-called for, and can potentially lead to legal repercussions; only not in the least to his benefit.

89s1
04-23-2012, 04:16 PM
x10 tell him to get fucked (as politely as you wish.)

As far as you know he bought yours and is giving you the same thing back but the dead one he is replacing.

Assume the worst. He wasn't careful enough with his money and that is 100% his problem.

freshprince1
04-23-2012, 05:24 PM
This happened to me once. I told him I'm give him a 50% refund since there was nothing wrong with the item. I gave him the money, and resold the item again on kijiji for the same amount effectively making 150% on the sale.

Its only $40, take it back and resell it.

Make sure to test it before taking it back.

If he's not down with the 50% refund, then tell him to pund sand.

A790
04-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by freshprince1
This is why we have a generation of entitled "customers" who believe they can get away with whatever demand they wish.

OP, don't enable this kind of behaviour.

spikerS
04-23-2012, 05:42 PM
similar thing happened to me. Not going to repost all of it, but here is the link to my thread.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/322961/wwbd-what-would-beyond-do/

max_boost
04-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Crazy mofo's out there. I just give my stuff away for free personally. For stuff I don't use, that's old and doesn't really carry significant value. :nut:

JRSC00LUDE
04-23-2012, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Crazy mofo's out there. I just give my stuff away for free personally. For stuff I don't use, that's old and doesn't really carry significant value. :nut:

Let me know when your porsche fits that bill if you pull the trigger.

Nufy
04-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Not to judge...but if you desperately have to return a 40 dollar used item....maybe you shouldn't have bought it in the first place...

Priorities people.....

codetrap
04-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Tell him that the kijiji standard warranty/purchase protection applies. It's the 5x5 plan. 5 seconds or 5 feet. That's your warranty.

nj2Type-S
04-23-2012, 07:47 PM
so much effort in getting $40 back...lol! :rofl:

sorry to hear about your situation, OP. like others have said, i'd give him $20 back just so he won't lose sleep over all that cash.

R!zz0
04-23-2012, 07:50 PM
It's like getting a hooker then telling her i didn't enjoy it and i want my money back :nut:

Ek9Max
04-23-2012, 11:27 PM
Send him a link of this thread. Might change his mind once he sees that 100% of the people think that he is in the wrong

know1edge
04-24-2012, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
so much effort in getting $40 back...lol! :rofl:

sorry to hear about your situation, OP. like others have said, i'd give him $20 back just so he won't lose sleep over all that cash.

Originally posted by freshprince1
This happened to me once. I told him I'm give him a 50% refund since there was nothing wrong with the item. I gave him the money, and resold the item again on kijiji for the same amount effectively making 150% on the sale.

Make sure to test it before taking it back.

If he's not down with the 50% refund, then tell him to pund sand.

bourge73
04-24-2012, 06:33 AM
Just tell him you had sex with his wife! And now, not only do you have a nice stinky dinkie, you also got $40 for a shitty JVC deck.

desi112
04-25-2012, 08:52 AM
So buddy you still alive? what did he do?

DGill
04-25-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm also curious as to what happened, did he get in contact with you again?

j3vuong
04-25-2012, 09:24 AM
still alive, i just ignored his calls and i think he gave up

JLau
04-25-2012, 09:29 AM
i wouldnt return the money to him, this is not walmart or futureshop.

At least if he was nice, you can compromise and return partial, but if hes rude and threaten to do shit, tell him to too f-ing bad

Kijho
04-25-2012, 09:51 AM
This guy makes us all think he's dead, leavin' this thread all quiet n shit for a few days hahahaha :clap:

Glad the guy gave up

Maybelater
04-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Ek9Max
Send him a link of this thread. Might change his mind once he sees that 100% of the people think that he is in the wrong

I wish you did this. He would have probably joined and went nutty in here.

Then threatened to sue.

Tezzating
04-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by HomespunLobster

Right here, you aint a shop with a fucken returns department. Tell him to piss off.

Hallowed_point
04-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by bourge73
Just tell him you had sex with his wife! And now, not only do you have a nice stinky dinkie, you also got $40 for a shitty JVC deck.

:eek: :rofl: that is hilarious!

Kohlman
04-26-2012, 02:33 AM
I got winter rims off a guy on kijiji that ended up not fitting over my calipers.(my own lack of research :banghead: ). I emailed him the next day asking if we could work something out, and also put them up on kijiji in case he said no. I didn't expect even an answer but he said emailed me back saying that he would take them back and refund me. I was definitely surprised, I would never expect someone to go back on their sale. In the end I ended up finding a buyer for a motor that the same guy was selling. It's nice to do, but not something to get harassed over.