PDA

View Full Version : Heads up for UofC students~!

Boreas
02-03-2004, 10:52 AM
Hey guys ~!
If u guys are going to U of C and park ur cars in ART PARKARD
"""DON'T"""" go in from the back enterance cuz i almost hit the right side of my car after i stopped for the ticket~~!!!
:eek:

Boreas
02-03-2004, 10:54 AM
SOO slippry~!

Hakkola
02-03-2004, 10:55 AM
Me too, right where you stop for the ticket in the middle there's a big chunk of ice that will direct you into the curb, it was close... On my left side though...

DonJuan
02-03-2004, 10:59 AM
2 late!!! Banged my truck HARD nto the curb yesterday morning! Thank god it wasn't the 240. Now it constantly pulls to the left. Getting it fixed thurs.

That.Guy.S30
02-03-2004, 12:34 PM
yea i slid quite abit with the impreza.. haha scared the shit out of me.. i was goin slow too

RSeXy
02-03-2004, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up! Lately I have been getting owned and paying $5.50/day at the Science lot. :( But that isn't as bad as MacHall.

maximus
02-03-2004, 02:14 PM
Thank God I missed that or I would have ripped my bumper off!

Mac Hall is quite expensive at $7 but it is heated. I tried to get in on those -30 days last week but it was always full. But its only $4.50 after six so if you have a late class its worth it.

Seanith
02-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by maximus
Thank God I missed that or I would have ripped my bumper off!

Mac Hall is quite expensive at $7 but it is heated. I tried to get in on those -30 days last week but it was always full. But its only $4.50 after six so if you have a late class its worth it.

The mac hall parking lot is open to anyone? I never knew that :D
$7 though thats not worth it imo.

davidI
02-03-2004, 08:17 PM
I along with 30 or 40 people got a $40 ticket for parking by the LRT today :(

Seanith
02-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by davidI

What happened to the ol' park n ride thing?

tulit
02-03-2004, 08:27 PM
whaa? Seriously? I heard they were going to start ticketing people . But how do they know if your there legit or just using the lot and walking to the University?

I parked there today . Luckily I didnt get a ticket.

szw
02-03-2004, 08:28 PM

So if you take the bus one stop from the LRT to the university, thats ok then right?

Plus we all pay for u-pass so we are all technically paying customers of calgary transit anyways!

I can't wait for one of those tickets so i can fight it.

Seanith
02-03-2004, 08:41 PM
yeah what a load of shit. i'm paying to take the train every day even though i don't

davidI
02-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by tulit
whaa? Seriously? I heard they were going to start ticketing people . But how do they know if your there legit or just using the lot and walking to the University?

I parked there today . Luckily I didnt get a ticket.

I didn't park and ride. There is a bunch of 2 hour parking on the street on the otherside of crowchild from the school where university station is. For a long time they didn't ticket but now they have started so taht gig is up.

I'm sure you can still park and ride but really, there is a reason I pay $3600 a year for car insurance. Funny story is that I'm paying an addition $448 over the course of my degree for that bullshit up ass.

Seanith
02-03-2004, 09:38 PM

I didn't park and ride. There is a bunch of 2 hour parking on the street on the otherside of crowchild from the school where university station is. For a long time they didn't ticket but now they have started so taht gig is up.

I'm sure you can still park and ride but really, there is a reason I pay $3600 a year for car insurance. Funny story is that I'm paying an addition $448 over the course of my degree for that bullshit up ass.

Dude, its no new news that they ticket on that street. I have a parking pass for that street. Its a residential street, you shouldn't expect not to get ticketed there if your there for longer than 2hours. If you were in the brentwood station parking thats another story.

davidI
02-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~

Dude, its no new news that they ticket on that street. I have a parking pass for that street. Its a residential street, you shouldn't expect not to get ticketed there if your there for longer than 2hours. If you were in the brentwood station parking thats another story.

There's one side of the street where there are no houses....just next to the sound barricade. I as well as tons of other people have been parking there for months and the parking patrol usually doesn't bother ticketing but today it looks like they decided to start. I know it's 2 hour so I'm not really bitching too much about that. Just bitchign that I no longer have a free parking spot and I will now get to start paying for parking again as well as that FUCKING UP ASS BULLSHIT. :guns: :guns: :guns:

Seanith
02-03-2004, 09:52 PM
yeah i know what your talking about. i see them ticket all over the street though. especially where your referring to. i guess they onlyl do it during certain hours and not every day.

Zero102
02-03-2004, 10:22 PM
Ouch, I always park at the brentwood park and ride, and just hop any bus that's waiting at brentwood, I pay for the U-Ass, so why not use it =)
I always see people parked illegaly on 31st street, and they always have tickets. You would think people get smart after 3 or 4 tickets, don't park around corner!

kaput
02-03-2004, 11:26 PM

davidI
02-04-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by kaput
You guys are such whiners. $448 over the course of a degree thats going to cost what, $20,000+ over 4 years? We aren't all rich enough to pay for a car, gas, insurance and maintainence. If you're doing well enough to spend that kind of money on something completely non essential, I don't think you deserve to complain about an extra couple hundred over several years. Why not bitch about other mandatory fees like campus rec... I don't use it, why should I pay for it? Suck it up.

I sure as hell wouldn't consider myself rich. A car, gas and insurance is a necessity for someone like me who works, schools and volunteers. If you're going to complain like that I'll use the argument that you should get off your lazy ass and get a job so you can afford the above. I'm obviously just playing devils advocate and I know tons of people that use transit are hard working students that find the LRT convenient and take it instead of driving but it would take me over an hour to take transit each way and I don't have that kind of time to spend on a bus every day. How about you pay more for your transit pass since you actually use it and SUCK IT UP. I don't know of any other schools that have a mandatory program such as the U of C's UP ASS. [/rant]

kaput
02-04-2004, 12:27 AM

davidI
02-04-2004, 12:35 AM

Last year, I worked, took 6/5 classes and volunteered as much as I had time for. I may only be in 5 classes this semester, but that doesn't make me lazy. Don't tell me to get off my lazy ass and get a job so I can afford to save myself a few minutes a day by driving. If your so desperate for time, do two things at once and sleep on the bus. [/rant]

Haha, so many refutes to your ignorance but I will save my valuable time by not wasting it on you.

20incheyes
02-04-2004, 01:59 AM
If you're to school/working/volunteering your car is essential, now thoe ****s about it. But getting back to parking, the lady goes to UC (I did) and whenever I go to a class with her or just chat it up with old buddies I always use the parking meters and have never had a ticket, I probably been in those stalls well over 50 hours, how do you guys usually get tickets, there's gotta be a way to beat the system for you

RSeXy
02-04-2004, 02:02 AM
I fricken' hate paying for the U Pass. Stupid misc. fees, its awful. University is not only a privilege, its a cash cow. :(

maximus
02-04-2004, 02:20 AM
You guys are such whiners. $448 over the course of a degree thats going to cost what, $20,000+ over 4 years? We aren't all rich enough to pay for a car, gas, insurance and maintainence. If you're doing well enough to spend that kind of money on something completely non essential, I don't think you deserve to complain about an extra couple hundred over several years. Why not bitch about other mandatory fees like campus rec... I don't use it, why should I pay for it? Suck it up.

The U-pass is just a form of redistribution of wealth. I think most drivers hate the U-pass because we already have to pay huge amounts for parking, insurance, gas etc. Yes, it is our choice to take our cars for various reasons like convienience, but its also your choice to take the c-train for those same reasons. So why should we have to pay for you??? Why don't you guys pay a fee and subsidize the parking fees that are getting rediculous every year??

I'm amazed that you even attend the UofC with that sort of attitude. The only reason that the UofC agreed with it is because they knew that drivers were outnumbered. Ya lets do a vote when we know that there are way more transit users than drivers. They shouldn't have even bothered to waste peoples time with the vote, but it gives you guys an excuse that it was put to a democratic vote. What a crock! And I wouldn't be surprised if the U got some sort of kickback for implementing it.

tulit
02-04-2004, 09:41 AM
Yeah no kidding.

Think of it this way. Whats a bus pass cost? Like $50/month? So that costs someone using transit like $200/semester to get to school.

Since Calgary Transit wouldn't allow the UPASS unless they made the same or more money, it now takes $200/$50 = 4 students to pay for YOUR transportation. So their hope is that 1/4 students use it. Anymore than that, and they would be loosing money. Wow, that sounds great for the majority of us.

The problem was when UPASS went to voting, only those who could use it voted (since it was an awesome deal for them). Unfortunately, the rest of us should have gone out to vote too.

I have friends that live in say Airdrie. What are they suppose to do? Until they extend the LRT there, its completely useless and theyre still stuck paying for it.

Also, If the $448 is so insignificant, mind sending me a check for it? Paying me back since I fronted the cash to pay for you to get to school everyday? Thanks man!

Tilly
02-05-2004, 12:54 PM
Hey.. I voted NO, and I think I was one of the very few.

BTW: I hate people that complain at us drivers for complaining, and I think those people are ignorant.. of course we have the right to complain (esp. if we voted..), just like the LOSER CRUISER USERS have the right to complain about thier lack of dependable transportation. I have money.. I'm gonna use it.. don't gimme slack cause I have a car.

For all those kids who have to take the bus, suck it up, and get a car.

:drama:

(now, on to the replies:zzz: )

davidI
02-05-2004, 01:08 PM
I think us drivers should implement a $52.00 per semester parking security surcharge - see how you up ass users would like that. :dunno:

20incheyes
02-05-2004, 01:47 PM
I think us drivers should implement a $52.00 per semester parking security surcharge - see how you up ass users would like that. :dunno:

good idea, I'm sure there are plenty who would pass up there U-Pass for $52 parking credit

Zero102
02-05-2004, 09:09 PM
I think for 5 grand a year they can afford to build a few more parking lots, and make them free.
They are too busy raking in the dough and rolling in it to listen though.

Seanith
02-05-2004, 09:34 PM
yeah parkings out of hand. thank god i don't pay for mine.