PDA

View Full Version : recpmmend a psychologist

syritis
04-24-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm looking for a decent psychologist. one for relationships and childhood trauma. not even sure what to look for or what to ask. I've got some benefits for this and heard there's no downside. so thought i'd give it a try. anyone now someone in north or northwest calgary?

Graham_A_M
04-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Dr. Elise Ginesberg. I dont know how accurate her last name spelling is, but she's very good. I saw her many years ago for many of the same issues, and he "gets it" and gets down to the point. Like its fucking odd, I've never met anybody that can take you apart in a short conversation like she can, but she can.... and its not at all bad.
I've never been "read" like how she can read & get you, but it skips a lot of steps & "barriers/boundries" if you will.

A lot of other psych's are just there to get paid and go about their day (I've seen probably 6 that are like that....) but she really cares, and understands things on levels most people dont. So I'd easily recommend her. The only thing I'd recommend is to know what works for you in terms of "dealing"(/coping) with known issues at hand. For everybody its different; so its kind of a crap shoot for her to suggest certain things since there is so much "static" that gets in the way with almost everybody. If you know certain thought patterns that are typical; it really steers the process then for her to just suggest fairly basic things and see if they click for you.

dangleberries
05-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Dr. Elise Ginesberg. she do loss of loved ones? she sounds legit and imma hit that up.

zipdoa
05-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by dangleberries
she do loss of loved ones? she sounds legit and imma hit that up.

:rofl:

Your posts are a riot.

Kloubek
05-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Are they even English?