PDA

View Full Version : Buying Printout Ticketmaster Tickets...

nodoubtt
04-25-2012, 05:12 PM
I found tix for a sold-out show on kijiji, and the seller has them as printouts from the ticket master website. How sketchy is buying tickets like these from him? Anything I can do to make sure I don't get scammed and he doesn't print out the tickets again and go himself?

dandia89
04-25-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm not sure how printouts work, but an emailed ticket can easily be scammed. I'm pretty sure he can just go to a ticketmaster and bring it to them and get it converted into a real ticket.

Kobe
04-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Go 5hours before.. It will only work for the 1st tickets scanned...

CompletelyNumb
04-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Easy to fake these things. Meet him at ticketmaster and have it verified.

JRSC00LUDE
04-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Yes Gwen, you're likely going to miss your show if you buy these tickets.

nodoubtt
04-25-2012, 05:50 PM
hmm....

MK2MK4Jetta
04-25-2012, 05:51 PM
I would never do it.

pf0sh0
04-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
Easy to fake these things. Meet him at ticketmaster and have it verified.

Benny
04-25-2012, 06:33 PM
I've had success with them in the past but I'm always hesitant to buy print off tickets. The person could easily just print off 5 copies and sell them all.

I just have more peace of mind buying hardcopy tickets.

Disoblige
04-25-2012, 07:01 PM
I would only take hard copies but that's me. Not worth the risk IMO.

Zero102
04-25-2012, 08:05 PM
The print-yourself tickets say right on them that they are not valid if resold, seriously, don't do it you will regret it.

ExtraSlow
04-25-2012, 09:42 PM
One other option is to meet the person at their house take a photo of them in front of the house with the house number clearly visible, and take a copy of their drivers license (digital photo works for that as well).

A scammer will always find a reason why they can't do that. An honest person won't mind.

schurchill39
04-25-2012, 09:56 PM
There's no way I would give people my drivers license for anything I sold on kijiji and I'm an honest seller. That's way to much personal information for something you are selling online.

I agree that its sketchy but I think that's asking a little much.

K3RMiTdot
04-25-2012, 10:35 PM
people can also sell you a ticket, and claim theyve lost it thru ticketmaster, and just re-print new ones. depedning on the show though.

BlackArcher101
04-26-2012, 12:13 AM
I've sold Ticketfast tickets numerous times with no trouble, but haven't been on the buying end. I can see the hesitation.

However, for a few buyers unwilling to take the risk, I can call ticketmaster and have the tickets waiting at Will Call with the buyers name on them. I believe I also had to send a faxed letter to the Will Call office.

austic
04-26-2012, 07:29 AM
Meet them at their house, most scammers will want to meet on somewhere you will not be able to find them.

SOAB
04-26-2012, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
One other option is to meet the person at their house take a photo of them in front of the house with the house number clearly visible, and take a copy of their drivers license (digital photo works for that as well).

A scammer will always find a reason why they can't do that. An honest person won't mind.

did you want a photocopy of my credit card as well??

if someone asked this of me, i'd tell them to gtfo. i'm a pretty honest guy but there is no way this would fly.

never buy anything that can just be printed from an email.

lellowrx7
04-26-2012, 11:58 AM
I've bought them before and never had an issue.
Some online ticket venders such as boodang only released tickets in that form, so if you bought them of someone it was going to be paper no matter what and you just had to trust it.

If you can buy hard copy 100% do it, if not take the leap of faith :dunno:

ExtraSlow
04-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by SOAB

did you want a photocopy of my credit card as well??

if someone asked this of me, i'd tell them to gtfo. i'm a pretty honest guy but there is no way this would fly.

never buy anything that can just be printed from an email.
I dunno, sounds like you are arguing against yourself here. You say that "printed" tickets are extra sketchy, but you would expect a buyer to take no extra precautions if you were the seller.
each to their own. I suggested one option if the guy was worried about the authenticity.

BlackArcher101
04-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Just sold another one tonight, we'll see how it goes.

SOAB
04-27-2012, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

I dunno, sounds like you are arguing against yourself here. You say that "printed" tickets are extra sketchy, but you would expect a buyer to take no extra precautions if you were the seller.
each to their own. I suggested one option if the guy was worried about the authenticity.

i'm talking about any kijiji transaction, not necessarily just printed tickets.

i don't really care what a buyer does, but as a seller, i would refuse to give that type of info to anybody.