PDA

View Full Version : Mortgage Question

HarryB
04-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Got a question for the beyond real estate professionals:

I am renting at the moment in GP and was looking to purchase a house by the end of the year. My income is part salary and part field bonuses...this year im on track to make 120K, last year made 97K and year before that (when i first got this job) i made 65K. Im married and mine and wifes salary is 100K. I have a property under my name in edmonton, currently rented out and I have never lived there so still eligible for HBP. my debt includes student loan and car, and wife has a car almost paid off too.

Question is, if im looking to buy a house this year, would all the banks need 2 years of notice of assessment if I want to include my bonuses as my income? or you guys think my salary and wifes would be ok to get 300K mortgage. One of the co-workers recently got a mortgage and he had to just submit his pay stubs proving his income, not notice of asseseement through scotiabank. However, when i got the mortgage through TD earlier this year, they averaged my 2010 and 2011 notice of assessment which was about 10K more then my salary ( started with halliburton midway 2010).

Just wanted to see what you guys think so I have a little more idea what to look forward to. would scotiabank be a better option to go with...especially cuz i have a house already with TD?

JDMsomething
04-26-2012, 01:51 AM
Best bet is call a mortgage broker, everyone here will be only guessing. But with an income of $50,000 and low expenses typically you can qualify for $300,000 with today's rates

slammedfc
04-26-2012, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by JDMsomething
Best bet is call a mortgage broker, everyone here will be only guessing. But with an income of $50,000 and low expenses typically you can qualify for $300,000 with today's rates

x2, i just got my mortgage for 270k and i make around 50k a year

tpurcell4
04-26-2012, 11:57 AM
PM'd

natejj
04-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by slammedfc

x2, i just got my mortgage for 270k and i make around 50k a year

x3, I qualified for 300k and make between 50-70k. As long as you can prove you are a full time permanent employee, that is what the lender usually looks for.