PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star Parts

Ghettobaby
04-27-2012, 02:42 PM
I pulled the E out for spring and its been acting up. Pull the codes and it turns out the pots in the pedal assembly are going bad, which is causing the throttle body to act. I let it happen a few times before deciding I would order a new pedal since they are $300, and lately I am feeling poor.

Anyway, Tuesday (April 24th), I call Lone Star, Parts guy says they can get one in two days out of van, 15mins later I am there, the gentlemen asks if I had just called about the part, and I said yes. As he's making the invoice he says, looks like it will have to come from T.O. Van sold their's. I asked if it would still arrive this week, he said for an extra $5.00 I could air freight it and have it in 2 days, hells yeah I will pay $5 bucks. Wednesday he calls and says the order has left and it should be in Thursday by 2pm. Sweet.

Today I go to pick it up and, no surprise there is no pedal assembly for me. An older gentlemen looks it up and tells me it has to come in from Germany since its a special order item. I asked how long that would take and he says it could leave next week or the week after, whenever their order is set to ship. I was less than happy and told him that wasn't what I wanted to hear.

I stepped out made some calls, find out I can get a pedal elsewhere, go back in and the younger little shit that sold me the pedal is now at the parts desk. I asked him for a refund since they could not say when the part would be in. After some bickering he finally says "" well good for you finding your pedal elsewhere and hands me an invoice for the refund, minus the $5.00 air freight, claiming shipping charges are non-refundable. WTF it hasn't even left Germany, are you serious. I was fed up so I just gave up on trying to argue the shipping cost.

/rant

DGill
04-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Was it the younger white guy with a goatee? That guys a total douche.

Ghettobaby
04-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Not sure about the goatee. It was the ginger.

m10-power
04-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Went there once, got some younger guy, was a twit. Now order my parts from pelican parts. Great service, cheap shipping and easy to order online.

G-ZUS
04-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by m10-power
Went there once, got some younger guy, was a twit.

:werd: Walked out the door and ordered my parts from Hyatt

euro_racer
04-27-2012, 07:06 PM
I never had a pleasant time dealing with lone star, EVER!! ...even when I used to work at a dealership and had to order parts... Now when ever I need Benz parts and need to order from the dealer, I make the longer trip and go to Hyatt, much better service :thumbsup:

euro_racer
04-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Here is the "staff" page for lone star...easier to point out the douche(s) for you guys :whipped: :poosie:

http://www.lonestarcalgary.mercedes-benz.ca/index.cfm?id=7376

J-hop
04-27-2012, 08:05 PM
i never really understood the whole BSing shipping times. I used to work shipping/receiving and I would always tack on extra time to what I figured it was going to take when customers asked me how long until their items are in. Then you look like a hero when you call them up days before its "due in" to let them know their package arrived ahead of schedule.

I don't get why they would tell you what they did either, they're looking at the origin on their computer screen so why can't they just tell you straight up. I think some parts guys think you think parts come out of a black void which could originate from anywhere on the earth depending on the day/time.

I've been lucky enough to have a lot of good parts person experiences but I have had my share of garbage. Recently I went in on a saturday to a local dealer to order a part, he said a couple working days to get it in, called the following thursday and the same guy says "why are you calling so early you just ordered that part the other day"... part didn't show up until 2 weeks later....

nismodrifter
04-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Lone Star parts desk has always been shitty as hell. You get better customer service at Canadian Tire.

Go to Hyatt. For me its further away but they have yet to let me down. Younger asian guy at the desk knows his shit, takes his time to make sure you get exactly what you need, and also has a general idea of which wear/tear items are worth replacing while you have things opened up.

DGill
04-28-2012, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
Here is the "staff" page for lone star...easier to point out the douche(s) for you guys :whipped: :poosie:

http://www.lonestarcalgary.mercedes-benz.ca/index.cfm?id=7376
The last guy on the list is the douche I dealt with.

TomcoPDR
04-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Dawn :love: the "costumer" hospitality chick

nismodrifter
04-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by DGill

The last guy on the list is the douche I dealt with.

+1. Thats the guy I've had issues with, someone must be pissing in his cornflakes every morning, he is always bitchy and totally unprofessional.

G-ZUS
04-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
Lone Star parts desk has always been shitty as hell. You get better customer service at Canadian Tire.

Go to Hyatt. For me its further away but they have yet to let me down. Younger asian guy at the desk knows his shit, takes his time to make sure you get exactly what you need, and also has a general idea of which wear/tear items are worth replacing while you have things opened up.

+1 for younger asian guy @ Hyatt

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Dawn :love: the "costumer" hospitality chick

:facepalm: