PDA

View Full Version : decah door kits

chamafi
02-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Is it true that decah makes the best vertical door kit on the market? Does anybody have any pis of the back side of the hinges so i can see how steardy these look?

Ben
02-03-2004, 03:57 PM
They say they make the best, but to be honest I havent seen much comparing to it anyways.

chamafi
02-03-2004, 04:47 PM
im try to figure it out the ones from autoloc look like you door will fall off

kkcool6
02-03-2004, 04:57 PM
The lambo door is good for show, in reality its pretty sh**Ty.
I had it on my civic for about two weeks and it was a drag. When youre in the car its pretty hard to lift the door open, and then the openning is just not enought and makes getting out pretty uncomfortable. Finally, when the door is up, there is alot of play and the door swings back and forth. Leaves me to wonder what would happen when a chinook wind blows at it as it is open! boom new door?

Like I said, its good for show cars, but for everyday used its just not functional. Im looking into getting a fully auto vert door from auto lock, maybe its better, does anyone know?

If you think the decah is expensive, try checking out the electronic auto lock ones.

chamafi
02-05-2004, 08:45 PM
from what I've seen of the autoloc hinges the look VERY flimsy, the almost look like two house door hinges welded together

EK 2.0
02-05-2004, 10:00 PM
with any of the kits though couldnt you fab up your own stronger hinges??...I was reading about a guy in the U.S. who did that to his MR2 he Lamboed...

air_mikey
02-05-2004, 10:13 PM
is there any way that you could hook up hydraulics to it kinda like your trunk? how much would it cost?

redx2nv
02-05-2004, 11:22 PM
Why would you do this anyways, its a HONDA, not a LAMBO.

Illusionsir
02-06-2004, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by kkcool6
Leaves me to wonder what would happen when a chinook wind blows at it as it is open! boom new door?

I dunno about that, you must not have put the metal stop in the hinge....