PDA

View Full Version : Mexicans leave the USA.

ZenOps
04-27-2012, 10:35 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/apr/23/illegal-immigrants-mexico-us-economy

"The latest figures signify the end of an era. From 1970, the Mexican-born population of the US has risen steeply, reaching a peak of more than 12m in 2010.

Now it is falling, with the decline including undocumented Mexican immigrants living in the US who now number about 6.1m – 58% of the total unauthorised immigrant population of the country."

"The new statistics take the wind out of the sails of those who have targeted illegal Mexican immigrants for taking jobs away from unemployed Americans – the Pew study suggests that the flow of immigrants has decreased largely because under the economic downturn incoming Mexican immigrants can no longer find work."

Sign of the times. More Mexican illegals are leaving the US than are entering. Its been suggested it is now easier nowadays to make a life in Mexico growing food than in places like Texas, Arizona and even California.

Dun dun duhhh.

JRSC00LUDE
04-27-2012, 11:45 PM
South Park come true.

lellowrx7
04-28-2012, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
South Park come true.

Haha damn beat me to it
Viva la mehico!!!!

SCHIDER23
04-28-2012, 02:23 PM
is probably the Mantequilla movement :rofl:

clem24
04-30-2012, 08:33 AM
I still think we need to let a bunch of illegals into Canada so that we can finally get some decent Mexican restaurants..

lellowrx7
04-30-2012, 08:41 AM
Clearly you've never been to Julio's

Tik-Tok
04-30-2012, 08:43 AM
It's because they're leaving the US, and coming here legally. I've noticed a huge Mexican population boom in the past 5 years.

HuMz
04-30-2012, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by lellowrx7
Clearly you've never been to Julio's

Not even close to authentic/decent mexican food.

CompletelyNumb
04-30-2012, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by HuMz

Not even close to authentic/decent mexican food.

:werd: closer to taco time than authentic.

ExtraSlow
04-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Taco Time kills Julios.

Anyway, I'd be stoked if a few thousand meixcans showed up in Calgary. They've done a nice job in Arizona and California, and maybe, just maybe we'd be able to get competent people working entry-level jobs for the first time in decades.

Canadians are lazy.

lellowrx7
04-30-2012, 09:48 AM
That's what's restaurants already do though.
Contract workers from the Philippines, Mexico, and such.

And I can't believe you all just knocked Julios! That's good food right there

Zephyr
04-30-2012, 10:09 AM
If they are going to Canada, looks like you guys will be getting awesome Mexican food.

bmeier
04-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by lellowrx7
That's what's restaurants already do though.
Contract workers from the Philippines, Mexico, and such.

And I can't believe you all just knocked Julios! That's good food right there

julio's might just be one of the worst restaurants i have ever been to...

if you want real mexican food that tastes good try out tu tierra

Tik-Tok
04-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by bmeier

julio's might just be one of the worst restaurants i have ever been to...

It's also the most genuine.... for a Mexican street cart vender :rofl:

flipstah
04-30-2012, 10:35 AM
We need moar awesome Mexican restaurants in Calgary!

Spoons
04-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Taco Time kills Julios.

Anyway, I'd be stoked if a few thousand meixcans showed up in Calgary. They've done a nice job in Arizona and California, and maybe, just maybe we'd be able to get competent people working entry-level jobs for the first time in decades.

Canadians are lazy.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but our immigrants feel entitled it seems to be in this country. Almost every Mexican I have met back in the day was happy and proud to be where they are, and worked damn hard. You have our immigrants and it seems to me that they feel like the deserved immigration. Now they can kick back their feet and do shit all.

Now to turn this thread on a stereotypical jaunt. I'm tired of slow ass Tim Hortons service. We need Mexicans in Tim Hortons. That was I can get a double double and an enchilada at the same time. That is service right there.

And yes Julio's sucks my left nut.

taemo
04-30-2012, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

Now to turn this thread on a stereotypical jaunt. I'm tired of slow ass Tim Hortons service. We need Mexicans in Tim Hortons. That was I can get a double double and an enchilada at the same time. That is service right there.

there's this filipino, Ray at Tim Hortons Gulf Canada that is so fast that most of the time he can take the orders of 3-4 customers before the others can say next.

But I agree, i find caucasians and EI to be a little slow on service.

Marsh
04-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Seems like there are already quite a few mexicans coming here in the last few years...

CHICHARITZHI
04-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Marsh
Seems like there are already quite a few mexicans coming here in the last few years...

They know that the Alberta is a promise land and they will come by plane, mexico to toronto , toronto to calgary..

cancer man
05-01-2012, 06:42 AM
Julios salsa makes me laugh it's like bruschetta with tabasco in it.

Anyhow i did notice an increase in customer base now that you mention it.

LollerBrader
05-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by taemo

there's this filipino, Ray at Tim Hortons Gulf Canada that is so fast that most of the time he can take the orders of 3-4 customers before the others can say next.

But I agree, i find caucasians and EI to be a little slow on service.

I generally find the flips are chattery and often underfoot, but occasionally you do come across some really high performers.

Maybelater
05-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Got a bunch of Filipinos permanent residence at my work, they don't work any harder then anyone else; they are just less likely to quit and give up because they don't have many options.

I don't know why so many people have this mentality, illegal immigration and hordes of unskilled labour is a problem. Why would you want a bunch of people sapping away from the health system, using infrastructure, and generally being a larger overall cost then benefit to society around?

If a Canadian citizen decided to not pay taxes in exchange for a wage cut so a greedy business owner could save cash you would probably call the whole lot of them scumbags.

LollerBrader
05-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Maybelater
Got a bunch of Filipinos permanent residence at my work, they don't work any harder then anyone else; they are just less likely to quit and give up because they don't have many options.

I don't know why so many people have this mentality, illegal immigration and hordes of unskilled labour is a problem.

I'm all for cheap labor. Just don't like to hear all of the takkalaaknakaaa on the C-train when I'm trying to enjoy my latte.