PDA

View Full Version : I am golferman

wintonyk
04-28-2012, 09:42 AM
I have been in SE Asia for almost 5 months and I was just the feature of a Thai commercial. It is your stereotypical cheesy commercial with a wonderful voiceover haha. Enjoy! * Added new commercial.
NTD6MejsC38

Here is a new one for some French Vacum cleaner. Unfortunately its not nearly as funny.
euE4ZyoNZCc

Here is my 3rd one I made in Thailand. I personally think this is the best done. It was also fun to have the highway closed to dart around in the mx-5EcLbfqZb2D4

Here is another one that I finally saw for the first time. This is for the LG OLED TV which is a pretty bad ass tv too.
JubFjalfNIY

Last one I have made so far. This is for Thai airways, I "got married" in Phuket.
OLhqk7V0JVA

Back from the dead. I haven't been as busy with commercials here this year. Here is the newest one out of Vietnam though. Another hilarious commercial. gCxNog7num4

GQBalla
04-28-2012, 09:49 AM
so were you the cut asian guy or the funky white guy?
ahhaha

the dubbed voice is the best

wintonyk
04-28-2012, 09:56 AM
haha i am the funky white guy.

TomcoPDR
04-28-2012, 10:11 AM
haha pretty cool.

Mar
04-28-2012, 11:03 AM
That is cool but they don't have steady cams in Asia?

rx7boi
04-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Mindblown, I always thought you were an asian guy hahahahahah

Cos
04-28-2012, 11:12 AM

Graham_A_M
04-28-2012, 11:42 AM
LOL that was almost "Japanese-weird". :rofl:

wintonyk
04-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Mar
That is cool but they don't have steady cams in Asia?
This was filmed using a camera rig. The camera was on a track or stationary. I think this was partly the directors style.

Originally posted by Cos
^^ :werd: Holy Shit there are other white people on beyond. WELCOME!

That is hilariously funny. I like how the sponsors pop in and out. Any idea what any of the shit you are saying is?
There are a few of us ang mo hanging around.

I am actually saying the exact lines in English. Can't remember what they were, something like:

Grabbing the R11: Whoa its the Taylormade R11S it will help me crush the ball like Martin Kaymer. ooo Muzuno.
Grabbing Bag: Wow is a nice bag.
Grabbing the wedges: Nike VR2 like Tiger, wow the cleveland like Vijay. Tiger? Vijay? Tiger? Vijay? I'll take em both.
At the counter: For all your golfing needs come to supersports. Supersports your number one golf store in thailand.

I have another commercial coming out soon where I got to rip around in the Thai mountains in an MX5 with a big R/C helicopter filming.

TomcoPDR
04-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Looks like you and zorro will have a popularity stand off sometimes.

wintonyk
05-21-2012, 07:42 AM
just posted another TVC i did. Rather than cluttering up forum with more threads I just edited the original post. This one isn't as funny, but I do have another funny one coming out soon.

HyperZell
05-21-2012, 08:33 AM
Lol what's up with the Armani model guy golfing at then end without a shirt?

The_Rural_Juror
05-21-2012, 08:34 AM
lol! Congrats!

TomcoPDR
05-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by wintonyk
just posted another TVC i did. Rather than cluttering up forum with more threads I just edited the original post. This one isn't as funny, but I do have another funny one coming out soon.

0:16 on second video :drool: :drool:

Bobino
05-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Congrats! Had my girlfriend translate the first video for me, pretty funny. :thumbsup:

wintonyk
06-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Newest commercial is up. I think this was the best done and also most fun to do.

D'z Nutz
06-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Haha yeah I could see why :poosie:

Was it your intention to get into commercials or was it something that just kind of fell into your lap?

ZorroAMG
06-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Congrats haha!

brandon
06-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Come along way since Jr High. haha

wintonyk
09-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Added my LG ad, this was the biggest budget one I have done so far.

Commercials and shit just kinda fell into my lap. But I decided to roll with it. Came back to Calgary for a few months now heading to Seoul for a couple more.

My goal is to meet Girls Generation. :drool:

pf0sh0
09-16-2012, 08:38 PM
hahaha thats awesome

wintonyk
09-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Posted the 5th TV commercial I was in. The last one was for Thai airways. It was awesome to spent a day on a huge boat in phuket, thailand.

Cos
09-19-2012, 09:16 PM

bitteeinbit
09-20-2012, 06:59 AM
Hilarious. Been living in SEA for a few years now, always wondered how they got white guys to sign up for commercials. At least you take it with a laugh and your commercials are pretty damn good (not like some shoe-string budget commercials I see here, the type that friends would never let you live down). Was it actually you driving the car in that third one? Does it pay well if you don't mind me asking? So weird, did you come here as a model or were you recruited? I get a few Thai channels here, I'll have to take c loser look and see if they run these ads in Cambodia (but I rarely watch TV).

So weird. Profession: male model babay!!!!

wintonyk
09-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Cos
Was that you doing the voiceover for the OLED TV? Just curious if they made you SAY OLED instead of Oh-Ell-Eeee-Deee. Drove me a little nuts. Lol

Nah I don't do voiceovers. But yes I completely agree the way he says oled is annoying as fuck.

Originally posted by bitteeinbit
Hilarious. Been living in SEA for a few years now, always wondered how they got white guys to sign up for commercials. At least you take it with a laugh and your commercials are pretty damn good (not like some shoe-string budget commercials I see here, the type that friends would never let you live down). Was it actually you driving the car in that third one? Does it pay well if you don't mind me asking? So weird, did you come here as a model or were you recruited? I get a few Thai channels here, I'll have to take c loser look and see if they run these ads in Cambodia (but I rarely watch TV).

So weird. Profession: male model babay!!!!

That third one was me driving the car. The film crew paid the police around 20 bucks each to shut down the highway in 10 minute increments. It was fun ripping around the mx-5 on those roads.

Sometimes it pays well sometimes the pay is shit (all relative though, lowest is 100 an hour). The most I have been paid was $8000 for 12 hours of set time (most of that was sitting around).

Essentially I get my flights and accommodations paid for. So for me its a easy way to travel at next to no cost, actually making coin along the way.

I am probably one of the first people to make fun of my current profession, its ridiculous. But after 3 years of Nutrition consulting I was ready to try something else for a bit before jumping back into professional world.

bitteeinbit
09-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Cool stuff. So you signed up with a modelling agency and get sent all over the world. Sounds like an amazing gig. Meet any hot female models that aren't full of themselves?

wintonyk
04-16-2013, 11:41 PM
Didn't want to bother creating a new thread again. Check out first post for my latest commercial showing in Vietnam. It's another ridiculously funny ad.