PDA

View Full Version : Official Wine Thread

Pages : [1] 2

JLau
04-29-2012, 09:45 AM
I was searching on Beyond to see if theres a thread on wine, but i couldnt find one. I am pretty sure a lot of Beyonders like to enjoy a glass or 2, some of you might even be wine professionals. I've completed 2 wine fundamental courses from ISG, considering pursuing Wine Sommelier.

The whole purpose of this thread is to talk about anything got to do with wine; regions, varietal, vintage, wines you highly recommend, wine investing, cellaring (you may even want to share what you have in your cellar). Since everyone has different palate, and a good wine could mean its quality, value, balance, or simply just what you like, so there are no right or wrong choices.

I personally enjoy wine from France, Germany, Chile, and to an extent Italy and Argentina. Most of the wine I post will be red unless specified. Gewurtz, riesling, and Sauternes are some of my favorite dessert/whites. I will start off with some of the wine i've tried in the past and really enjoyed:

1985 Gaja Dramanji
2002-2007 Los Vasco
2005 Croix De Beaucaillou
1989 Chateau Margaux
2003-2006 Chateau Lynch Bage
2002 Chateau Lafite Rothschild
1985 Château Pichon-Longueville Baron
2005-2008 Errazuriz (my favorite Chilean Winery, particularly the Carmenere)
2009 Greywacke Gewurtz
2005 Chateau Rieussec Sauternes
2005 Chateau Guiraud Sauternes

Cordon Bleu
Chivas Royal Salute 21yrs
Gentleman Jack
Macallan 18yrs
JW Bluelabel

My Cellar:
I have about 150 bottles of wine i actually collect and cellar, most of them are French wine, hermitage, lynch bage, sauternes, gloria, haut brion, latour, cardinale etc. i am trying to keep track of them on excel sheet (i had one going, but got lazy updating it)

I am looking to invest in a wine fridge, probably eurocave or subzero, what are your suggestions on wine fridges?

CanmoreOrLess
04-29-2012, 11:26 AM
There are apps for keeping track of a collection. Might be easier and for sure sexier than an Excel file. I normally just walk into Highlander and give the clerk my budget and he turns me onto something new I would not have considered previously.

Supa Dexta
04-29-2012, 12:11 PM

JLau
04-29-2012, 01:18 PM
I just did it on Excel because i can put more notes and stuff in it. I also put in how much i bought it for, what year i bought it in and where i bought them. I am sure there are good apps for it now, compared to when i last looked lol

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
There are apps for keeping track of a collection. Might be easier and for sure sexier than an Excel file. I normally just walk into Highlander and give the clerk my budget and he turns me onto something new I would not have considered previously.

JLau
04-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Seems like those are North American wine. I am personally not a big fan of North American wine, although some Napa wine are definitely among the best in the world.

I remember trying a wine called Chateau Montelena, which was featured in the movie Bottle Shock, it was a great wine, but quite pricey. A bottle i am waiting to drink when matured is called Cardinale, bought it for $200, hopefully it is what i expect.

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Our wine just won a gold at the finger lakes wine fest. Not available out here though.

http://www.fliwc.com/results/2012results.asp

Lochview L'acadie from Jost winery.

Graham_A_M
05-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Cool, I just finished ISG Level 1. I heard level two is quite a bit harder, leave alone their third one. How was the 2nd? I'd like to go back in the fall and get the 2nd installment done. Ideally I'd like to get my full fledged ISG Sommilier ticket, but we'll see how the cards fall this next year or two.
For most people/events I buy Masi Campoflorin 2006 (Italy). I've never had a single person dislike it, even those who dont like reds. Its a good full bodied wine with hints of tobacco. It goes well with most meats.

GTi-RS
05-05-2012, 12:29 AM
If you're going to invest in wine storage unit then make sure it has humidity control. Corks really dry-out here.

JLau
05-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Cool, I just finished ISG Level 1. I heard level two is quite a bit harder, leave alone their third one. How was the 2nd? I'd like to go back in the fall and get the 2nd installment done. Ideally I'd like to get my full fledged ISG Sommilier ticket, but we'll see how the cards fall this next year or two.
For most people/events I buy Masi Campoflorin 2006 (Italy). I've never had a single person dislike it, even those who dont like reds. Its a good full bodied wine with hints of tobacco. It goes well with most meats.

ISG level 2 is quite a bit harder, diploma level is intense, i have no time for it right now....

Amarone and supertuscans are my favorite italian wines...

Impreza
11-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Any luck on the hunt for a wine fridge? In the same boat myself right now.

Jlude
11-07-2012, 05:23 PM
2005 Cakebread Chardonnay - That's about all I drink

hukgwai
11-07-2012, 06:17 PM
im really not near as well versed as you all regarding wines, but we went with marvel wine coolers and beverage coolers. i did it to make the wife happy and "look" like i have a clue regarding wines. we were going to go the sub zero route to keep it consistent with the house, but i would be begging for spare change on the street corner as they are overpriced. a friend of a friend referred me to the marvel and said they are comparable to sub zero at a fraction of the price. something to look into; especially for a built-in appliance

JLau
01-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
Any luck on the hunt for a wine fridge? In the same boat myself right now.

Havent really got around to actually buying one, but eurocave and subzero seems to be the way to go

D'z Nutz
01-12-2013, 10:05 PM
I'm heading down to Mexico for a wedding at the end of the month and I'd like to bring back a bottle of wine back for a friend. I know nothing about wines. Do you guys have any recommendations as to what to look for? I googled it and from what it sounds like, though not world class grade, "Mexican wine" isn't as bad as it sounds so I figured it might make a good souvenir.

kvg
01-12-2013, 10:50 PM
Sorry D, I'm not familiar with Mexican wines, just get tequila.

As for wine, I barely drink beer or the hard stuff mainly red. I am no connoisseur, I just drink what I enjoy.

#1 is Masi Campofiorin 2008
#2 is Apothic red 2011
#3 is belive it or not co-op dry red wine. I tried a bottle and it was surprisingly good and $7 a bottle.

I used to really enjoy Yellow tail, but it hasn't been he same since 2008, and I don't store wine.

msommers
01-12-2013, 10:53 PM
I never remember what it's called but it's a French wine in a weird shaped bottle that looks really old because there is like "fake dust" added. I like the wine though and it's easy to find!

kvg
01-12-2013, 11:03 PM
I keep seeing that, I'll try a bottle.

Impreza
01-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by msommers
I never remember what it's called but it's a French wine in a weird shaped bottle that looks really old because there is like "fake dust" added. I like the wine though and it's easy to find!

I think the wine you're referring to is La Fiole du Pape. This particular wine really isn't to my liking but I like this style of wine. If you like it, you should try other wines from the Rhone valley - particularly, other Chateauneuf du Pape's. Great values to be found in the Rhone region!

Evo prec
01-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by kvg
Sorry D, I'm not familiar with Mexican wines, just get tequila.

As for wine, I barely drink beer or the hard stuff mainly red. I am no connoisseur, I just drink what I enjoy.

#1 is Masi Campofiorin 2008
#2 is Apothic red 2011
#3 is belive it or not co-op dry red wine. I tried a bottle and it was surprisingly good and $7 a bottle.

I used to really enjoy Yellow tail, but it hasn't been he same since 2008, and I don't store wine.

The first 2 are my favourite .... you got good taste

nzwasp
01-15-2013, 03:14 PM
That apothic white thats being sold at costco at the moment is a pretty good drop too

genesis0403
01-15-2013, 03:49 PM
Masi Campofiorin 2009 is on sale in co-op right now.

As for wines, Casa del Diablo, Montes Alpha, 1865, Parallel 49 are not bad.
Carmen is not bad as well.
I also tried cupcake cabernet Sauvignon a few days ago. It's also a decent wine at a low price.
One thing I don't like about many US wines is that they mix too many different grapes but some US wines are very good

msommers
01-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Impreza

I think the wine you're referring to is La Fiole du Pape. This particular wine really isn't to my liking but I like this style of wine. If you like it, you should try other wines from the Rhone valley - particularly, other Chateauneuf du Pape's. Great values to be found in the Rhone region!

I bought a bottle last night and you're 100% right! The dust on the bottle looks kinda neat but in reality, it's a pain in the ass to keep washing your hands after you pour a glass.

I was also given a few other bottles over Christmas, hopefully they're good!
- Chateau De Targe 2009
- Corfteforte Amarone Della Valpolicella 2004
- Mission Hill S.L.C. Syrah 2009

Where you can buy those vaccuum pump lid things? And what's your guys' take on aerators vs. decanters? I'm certainly no wino but would be interested in trying different things out.

Impreza
01-15-2013, 05:32 PM
You can buy the vacuum pump things at Willow Park Wines and I have seen them at the Le Creuset store as well. Personally, I don't bother with them too much. I just recork the wine bottle or pour the wine in a 375mL half bottle, cork it, and throw it in the fridge. Usually can last a few days that way. You just have to let the wine warm up a bit before drinking the next day. As for aerators, I don't really like them. If you're dealing with an older or more delicate wine, you can potentially lose a lot of the "good stuff" if you pass it through an aerator. If it is a young wine, I prefer to slowly decant the wine in a decanter and watch it evolve over a few hours. For older wines, I don't even bother with decanting unless it is just a splash decant to separate the settled sediment.

ercchry
01-16-2013, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by msommers

Where you can buy those vaccuum pump lid things?

fuck that, just finish the bottle :rofl:

genesis0403
01-16-2013, 03:30 AM
even if you have the vaccuum pump, it still won't preserve the wine past 3 days unless you have a wine fridge

C_Dave45
01-16-2013, 05:10 PM
I seem to be lucking out with any of the Malbec's from Argentina.

My favorite so far is Trivento Amado Sur.

And a close second is the Alamos Malbec.

Both Argentinian.

GTi-RS
02-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Speaking of wine... Have you guys sen this new wine website in Calgary? They were featured on TV a few days ago. http://www.albertawinestein.com/

sputnik
02-07-2013, 10:53 PM
This is a great thread.

OP starts off by talking about all of the $100-500 bottles of wine he has enjoyed and then turns into which $15 bottles are on sale at Co-op.

I guess some of us ballers and millionaires just are more frugal when it comes to wine drinking. After being in the O&G industry I have concluded that most people that buy expensive wine only do so to tell other people about the expensive wine they drink/own.

Dycker
02-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Anybody have any suggestions on bottles of Ripasso and/or Amarone types of wine?

Impreza
02-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Dycker
Anybody have any suggestions on bottles of Ripasso and/or Amarone types of wine?

I'm not huge into Amarone's but I have always enjoyed Zenato Amarone Della Valpolicella - has always been consistent regardless of vintage. They sell this all over Calgary, cheapest is at Superstore liquorstore though.

KRyn
02-21-2013, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
This is a great thread.

OP starts off by talking about all of the $100-500 bottles of wine he has enjoyed and then turns into which $15 bottles are on sale at Co-op.

I guess some of us ballers and millionaires just are more frugal when it comes to wine drinking. After being in the O&G industry I have concluded that most people that buy expensive wine only do so to tell other people about the expensive wine they drink/own.

I guess I shouldn't talk about the Château Mouton Rothschild's, Château Palmers and other good bottles I have been lucky enough to enjoy. That said, anyone can buy a good bottle of wine, that is not a challenge. Spend a small fortune and you will get an amazing wine. Being able to buy a good bottle of wine for under $15, now that is a difficult & rewarding.

CokerRat
02-21-2013, 08:06 PM
+1 on the Zenato Amarone. Alternately, the Zenato Superiore Valpolicella Ripassa is a baby amarone for around $20.

flipstah
02-21-2013, 10:51 PM
I hope to learn a lot from this thread.

My knowledge of wine is that I prefer white over red.

So crisp. :drool:

kaput
02-21-2013, 11:57 PM

Proyecto2000
02-22-2013, 12:37 PM
I'm not much of a wine guy, but I have really enjoyed these 3 wines:

D'arenberg The Galvo Garage 2006
Terrazas de los Andes Melbec 2009
Cameron Hughes Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2009

89coupe
11-22-2022, 02:00 PM
Picked these up today

Buster
11-22-2022, 03:08 PM
Picked these up today

Post a review of the caymus when you open it. I've had mixed experiences with caymus lately.

JfuckinC
11-22-2022, 03:19 PM
I drink other things 98% of the time, but one wine i do really like is this one.

ercchry
11-22-2022, 03:26 PM
I remember this was good, also on willow park’s Black Friday sale…

Then things get blurry, but if I took the photos, they were probably okay

msommers
11-22-2022, 04:21 PM
Stag's Leap was on sale at Willow Park. Looking forward to that one. (edit: looks like it still is: https://www.willowpark.net/products/aglc-stags-leap-artemis-242081?_pos=2&_sid=9d917a6de&_ss=r)

Nice Barolo!

89coupe
11-22-2022, 05:24 PM
Some wines gifted to me this weekend.

Swank
11-22-2022, 05:49 PM
I couldn't resist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL8e2ujXe8g&t=1s

Continue.

Clever
11-22-2022, 10:25 PM
Some wines gifted to me this weekend.

Curious what you think about St. Supery, I’m glad they are in Canada now. One of my favourites when we did Napa Valley. I used to get family to ship their wine here.

89coupe
11-22-2022, 10:32 PM
Curious what you think about St. Supery, I’m glad they are in Canada now. One of my favourites when we did Napa Valley. I used to get family to ship their wine here.

I haven’t tried it yet, but when I do I will let you know.

So far this is one of my favourite wines to date.

Darkane
11-22-2022, 10:34 PM
Post a review of the caymus when you open it. I've had mixed experiences with caymus lately.

Caymus is so good.

ThePenIsMightier
11-22-2022, 11:43 PM
Caymus is so good.

Is that where you sit on your hand until it goes numb and then - oh...
Sorry... I thought we were talking about something else.

_______
What a waste of time, none of you tards will even understand that...

cycosis
11-23-2022, 09:29 AM
Y'all drink bottled wine?

Myself I keep it classy with Supestore's Thicket and Thief cab sav. Goes on sale every once and a while for $28 for the 4L box. :D

kJUMP
11-23-2022, 10:25 AM
You were at the 94+ Point wine festival at WP last Friday? I was there too, good times. That Atalon was nice, so was the Double Canyon Cab Sauv. I picked up a bottle of the Edizione 2018 afterwards. I'm really looking forward to the WP Champagne festival Dec 2.

I remember this was good, also on willow park’s Black Friday sale…

Then things get blurry, but if I took the photos, they were probably okay

ercchry
11-23-2022, 10:33 AM
Yeah, we’ve done a few this fall, VIP where it was available. The Bordeaux one was pretty crazy too…

msommers
11-25-2022, 10:45 PM

Thanks Willow Park

89coupe
11-25-2022, 10:49 PM
A client gave me this today

bjstare
11-25-2022, 10:51 PM
Usually like brunellos. The first couple sips of this were good, but it was underwhelming by the time the bottle was done.

89coupe
11-25-2022, 10:55 PM
Usually like brunellos. The first couple sips of this were good, but it was underwhelming by the time the bottle was done.

Tannic & Acidic

:nut:

bjstare
02-24-2023, 07:15 PM
Brunello at Costco again. Is this the good one? Anyone tried it? Deciding whether I should buy a case or a bottle when we go to Costco tmw haha. Buster ercchry you guys endorsed the last brunello there right?

Buster
02-24-2023, 07:17 PM
Brunello at Costco again. Is this the good one? Anyone tried it? Deciding whether I should buy a case or a bottle when we go to Costco tmw haha. Buster ercchry you guys endorsed the last brunello there right?

Yes the last one was fantastic band for the buck

ThePenIsMightier
02-24-2023, 07:29 PM
I'll have to try that again.
I must have got a corked bottle that wasn't brutally corked and tasted like asparagus-piss, but didn't taste delicious and I wasn't refined enough to tell. LoL!

bjstare
02-24-2023, 07:35 PM
Ya the only bottle I got from the last run was corked, and it sold out right after we bought so I couldn’t even get a replacement haha

ercchry
02-24-2023, 08:40 PM
New vintage*, but yeah. Awesome, which location? Was the Ribera del Duero back too? Just opened the last one of those tonight

Edit: derp… that’s an image from the interwebz

*this is of note as I believe the previous was a 2015, which was a particularly great year for the region

bjstare
02-24-2023, 08:42 PM
I think this was at heritage. I’m going to Taza tmw, can update if it’s there. It was last time.

Buster
02-24-2023, 08:51 PM
I barely drink at all nowadays so I probably will resist.

89coupe
02-24-2023, 09:10 PM
I barely drink at all nowadays so I probably will resist.

What’s wrong?

Buster
02-24-2023, 09:55 PM
What’s wrong?

Nothing really. I don't have an aversion to alcohol or something against it or anything. I've never been a big or regular drinker, so it's not a huge leap to stop drinking entirely for me. I'll still have the odd glass of wine now and again, but it's been a long time since I've averaged over 1 drink or 2 a week. About a year ago I decided it was time to move on from the dad bod, and alcohol isn't conducive to that type of shift. I've been pretty rigid on calories (Macrofactor is a beast), and I'm happy with progress. It's hard to fit alcohol into a 500-700 calorie per day deficit and still hit all my other macros. No evening alcohol also makes my evenings more robust and productive - so much going on having something that makes me sleepy in the evening isn't good for efficiency.

89coupe
02-24-2023, 10:36 PM
Nothing really. I don't have an aversion to alcohol or something against it or anything. I've never been a big or regular drinker, so it's not a huge leap to stop drinking entirely for me. I'll still have the odd glass of wine now and again, but it's been a long time since I've averaged over 1 drink or 2 a week. About a year ago I decided it was time to move on from the dad bod, and alcohol isn't conducive to that type of shift. I've been pretty rigid on calories (Macrofactor is a beast), and I'm happy with progress. It's hard to fit alcohol into a 500-700 calorie per day deficit and still hit all my other macros. No evening alcohol also makes my evenings more robust and productive - so much going on having something that makes me sleepy in the evening isn't good for efficiency.

Sorry to hear

Hopefully eating like a small child and not drinking brings you happiness.

:angel:

Buster
02-24-2023, 10:40 PM
Sorry to hear

Hopefully eating like a small child and not drinking brings you happiness.

:angel:

I've tried it all different ways.

Calorie restriction is a pain the ass and takes willpower out the wazoo. The drinking part isn't that hard. I've cut down my caffeine consumption by almost 75% as well - and I've missed that more than the alcohol. Like I said, I don't mind alcohol, but it's over-rated.

dirtsniffer
02-25-2023, 08:01 AM
Best BC wine club?

max_boost
02-25-2023, 09:43 AM
I've tried it all different ways.

Calorie restriction is a pain the ass and takes willpower out the wazoo. The drinking part isn't that hard. I've cut down my caffeine consumption by almost 75% as well - and I've missed that more than the alcohol. Like I said, I don't mind alcohol, but it's over-rated.

Alcohol sure but caffeine? Dang caffeine is life ! Haha

ExtraSlow
02-25-2023, 09:51 AM
'coupe is one of those dudes who gets offended when someone else doesn't drink. Gotcha.

killramos
02-25-2023, 09:59 AM
'coupe is one of those dudes who gets offended when someone else doesn't drink. Gotcha.

max_boost
02-25-2023, 10:02 AM

There’s life and there’s the 89coupe realty adventures with brad way of life. Y’all don’t know what you’re missing! :bigpimp:

ExtraSlow
02-25-2023, 10:17 AM
There’s life and there’s the 89coupe realty adventures with brad way of life.
accurate.

msommers
02-25-2023, 10:20 AM
Like I said, I don't mind alcohol, but it's over-rated.

Let's not say things we can't take back

89coupe
02-25-2023, 11:25 AM

People who don’t drink are boring.

Buster
02-25-2023, 11:27 AM

ExtraSlow
02-25-2023, 11:32 AM
People who don’t drink are boring.

That's worth a quote for posterity.
Look man, I enjoy the wonders of alcohol, but well, everyone is on thier own journey here.

killramos
02-25-2023, 11:33 AM
If you think people who don't drink are boring, wait until you meet people who need to be sauced to have fun.

89coupe
02-25-2023, 11:37 AM
If you think people who don't drink are boring, wait until you meet people who need to be sauced to have fun.

If you can’t drink responsibly I feel sorry for you.

killramos
02-25-2023, 11:40 AM
Says the guy who won't go to a dinner where he can't get an uber home

Buster
02-25-2023, 11:54 AM
Alcohol Pros:

- Tastes good
- a nice warm buzz feels good
- can assist in social situations

Alcohol cons:

- CNS impairment
- tons of calories
- probably carcinogenic and other long term health effects

I'll still enjoy alcohol, but more as a "treat" than a regular thing.

89coupe
02-25-2023, 12:18 PM
Alcohol Pros:

- Tastes good
- a nice warm buzz feels good
- can assist in social situations

Alcohol cons:

- CNS impairment
- tons of calories
- probably carcinogenic and other long term health effects

I'll still enjoy alcohol, but more as a "treat" than a regular thing.

For me at least, I have my blood work done yearly and adjust accordingly, but so far it’s spot on.

Work out Mon-Friday, 1hr of lifting, 1hr of light cardio.
I’ve started to workout at night as well with my son.

I’ve been doing this for 35 years.

I only started the blood work routine when I turned 40

I only started to gain a little weight in my late 30’s

From my mid 20’s to late 30’s maintained a weight of 185lbs lean, I’m 6’ tall.

After having my 2nd kid I noticed my metabolism starting to slow down, got up to 205lbs.

I now fluctuate between 190-205 depending on the time of year, summer time I slim down to 190.

My diet isn’t strict but consistent.

Eggs in the morning followed by oats.

Protein drink after morning workout then more oats.

Large meal in evening that includes protein, fibre and carbs.

Try to drink at least 72oz of water every day

ThePenIsMightier
02-25-2023, 12:35 PM
For me at least, I have my blood work done yearly and adjust accordingly, but so far it’s spot on.

After having my 2nd kid I noticed my metabolism starting to slow down, got up to 205lbs.

I now fluctuate between 190-205 depending on the time of year, summer time I slim down to 190.

Wow. It's almost like we had asked.

killramos
02-25-2023, 12:36 PM
Wow. It's almost like we had asked.

Buster
02-25-2023, 12:38 PM

The costs I perceive with alcohol aren't things that would show up in blood work for the most part. If you can fit the alcohol calories in and still meet your other fitness goals, then that's your decision. I don't enjoy alcohol enough at this point to spend 1000-2000 calories a week on cocktails, wine and beer. I can do other things I enjoy in the evenings more if I don't have alcohol in my bloodstream. I also sleep better. It's like brownies...I enjoy brownies, but I don't eat one or two a day either.

You sound like you have your diet dialed in for the most part, which is basically 95% of the battle in middle age. I started to gain weight when I was about 30, then pretty consistently through my 30s with the arrival of three kids in quick succession and two busy careers in the house. But I'm a bulkier guy than you. My lean mass (at least according to calipers) is ~165-170 lbs, so I can walk around at 210-215 and not look like a dad bod. Right now my goal is to get down from 208 to 200 with mid-teens body fat %. Your diet sounds good, but it's hard to get in 220g of protein a day without blowing up calorie consumption or just chugging protein powder constantly - even though I'm not opposed to protein powder.

89coupe
02-25-2023, 12:45 PM
The costs I perceive with alcohol aren't things that would show up in blood work for the most part. If you can fit the alcohol calories in and still meet your other fitness goals, then that's your decision. I don't enjoy alcohol enough at this point to spend 1000-2000 calories a week on cocktails, wine and beer. I can do other things I enjoy in the evenings more if I don't have alcohol in my bloodstream. I also sleep better. It's like brownies...I enjoy brownies, but I don't eat one or two a day either.

You sound like you have your diet dialed in for the most part, which is basically 95% of the battle in middle age. I started to gain weight when I was about 30, then pretty consistently through my 30s with the arrival of three kids in quick succession and two busy careers in the house. But I'm a bulkier guy than you. My lean mass (at least according to calipers) is ~165-170 lbs, so I can walk around at 210-215 and not look like a dad bod. Right now my goal is to get down from 208 to 200 with mid-teens body fat %. Your diet sounds good, but it's hard to get in 220g of protein a day without blowing up calorie consumption or just chugging protein powder constantly - even though I'm not opposed to protein powder.

Whatever works

I enjoy drinking, but I think you guys assume I drink way more than what I actually do. Perception haha

For me I have to workout, it’s key, I would be miserable without it.

Back to wine….

Buster
02-25-2023, 12:53 PM
I enjoy drinking, but I think you guys assume I drink way more than what I actually do. Perception haha

No, I think you enjoy your life and have arranged it to your preference - maximized flexibility and recreation, minimized stimulus and responsibility.

msommers
02-25-2023, 06:48 PM
An exceptional example of CdP - from Costco

ExtraSlow
02-25-2023, 06:50 PM
No, I think you enjoy your life and have arranged it to your preference - maximized flexibility and recreation, minimized stimulus and responsibility.

This.

bjstare
02-25-2023, 07:26 PM
Well I bought a handful of the Kirkland brunello, drinking it now. It’s good. Still good bang for $, will probably buy more.

ercchry
02-25-2023, 07:32 PM
Well I bought a handful of the Kirkland brunello, drinking it now. It’s good. Still good bang for $, will probably buy more.

Did you notice if the Ribera del Duero was back?

bjstare
02-25-2023, 08:14 PM

Did not but can check next time one of us goes.

ThePenIsMightier
02-25-2023, 08:26 PM
msommers how much is that Chateau?

msommers
02-25-2023, 09:06 PM

I believe I saw it at Heritage.

msommers how much is that Chateau?

$29 IIRC

On par with with one of my favourites - Domaine des Senechaux at $65

dirtsniffer
02-25-2023, 09:27 PM
Best BC wine club?

good question

ThePenIsMightier
02-25-2023, 10:04 PM
good question

What are you talking about? The vast majority of BC wines are very over rated and far too expensive to present any value. And that's coming from a guy from BC!
I mean some of the old vines from Quail's Gate are super good, but again, the price brings them out of the value category. There are piles of BC wines that taste great, but they are not competitive in price.

89coupe
02-26-2023, 10:49 AM

https://youtu.be/paye5tBFKlw

dirtsniffer
02-26-2023, 11:27 AM
What are you talking about? The vast majority of BC wines are very over rated and far too expensive to present any value. And that's coming from a guy from BC!
I mean some of the old vines from Quail's Gate are super good, but again, the price brings them out of the value category. There are piles of BC wines that taste great, but they are not competitive in price.

Oooo good thing the question wasn't best value wine club..

I currently am in the noble ridge club, which has amazing wine - but like 3 varieties.

Looking at daydreamer or black swift

ThePenIsMightier
02-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Oh, now I understand your question.
I read it as "hey guys, let's form a club that debates which wine from BC is the best".

Buster
02-26-2023, 11:37 AM
There's lots of BC wine that you can drink .. But why?

2Legit2Quit
02-26-2023, 11:37 AM
This thread sucks

dirtsniffer
02-26-2023, 11:52 AM
There's lots of BC wine that you can drink .. But why?

Cause there is some great stuff in BC

ercchry
02-26-2023, 11:59 AM
I really like:
- summerhill pyramid for weird white varietals
- sandhill’s small lots are excellent
- martins lane is fantastic for the not poors

max_boost
02-26-2023, 12:45 PM
This.

A nice cordial exchange there from buster and 89coupe. It was enjoyable. Would read again A+++