PDA

View Full Version : Travellers cell phone - mins & data

trliniar
04-30-2012, 07:24 PM
I hate starting a new thread, but i'm looking for a travellers cell phone plan, did a search but can't find the thread that was on here about an unlimited plan for mins & data.

There were daily, weekly, and monthly plans. It was a flat rate for the day and i believe it had long distance as well.

Anyone have any ideas?

This is for travelling to the states btw.

spikerS
04-30-2012, 07:36 PM
I am not aware of any such plans, from any carrier, and I would be shocked to hear they would be in existence.

I know there are some that can get rid of or reduce the roaming charges, but none that offer unlimited data and voice while roaming.

I work in the industry, so I am pretty sure I would hear of such a thing if any company in canada offered it.

rage2
04-30-2012, 07:39 PM
http://www.roammobility.com

Unlimited voice, 2gb data.

xrayvsn
04-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by rage2
http://www.roammobility.com

Unlimited voice, 2gb data.

That's quite reasonable. Have you used them? How is the coverage?

By the comment of being on the largest 4G LTE network, I assume they use Verizon's network?

trliniar
04-30-2012, 10:57 PM
rage - that is exactly what i was looking for. I remembered you or someone posting this a while back, i did about 15 searches, but was unable to locate the thread.

thank you so much!!! this will definitely come useful in future travels

zeroX420
04-30-2012, 11:47 PM
I used them with my factory unlocked galaxy note back in march for a trip to Seattle. I purchased the talk + text + data for 7 days. I had no problems calling and texting to anyone back home though the only network I was able to get was edge :p I believe they're on Tmobile's network. Definitely better than what Rogers could've offered

Stealth22
07-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Had to bump this. In the past I've used AT&T prepaid for my US roaming needs. This is cheaper, PLUS it includes calling back to Canada!

Thanks, rage!