PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation of a doctor

Spoons
05-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Could anyone recommend me a good doctor who is currently accepting patients?

Honestly I'm tired of this walk in clinic bullshit. Late last year (around December) I started having slight pain in my left side. It would usually be before a bowl movement and subside after, but then come and go throughout the day.

It since went away, but now it is back again. It's nothing stabbing or anything like that but bothersome and worries me (colon is right there). I do have diarreah but I always seem to (I eat very irregularly and eat out a lot, simply due to my busy schedule).

I want someone to take a look at this who actually... cares. Walk in clinic doctor keeps telling me it is because my belt is too tight (even though it happens whenever.... belt too tight are you fucking kidding me?)

Thanks

ExtraSlow
05-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Here's a search tool for finding a doctor. Combine this with RateMD and you are good to go. Find a Doctor (http://www.cpsa.ab.ca/PhysicianSearch/AdvancedSearch.aspx)

it's usually hard to find doctors in certain parts of the city. If ti was me, I'd concentrate on getting a decent one, then put up with the travel time when you have to see them.

Spoons
05-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks!

On the other hand, has anyone else experienced this? Seems to be pretty common, but when you search on google I could have anything from a gas block, to colitis, to cancer (self diagnosis is funny).

There is no blood or anything btw.

ExtraSlow
05-02-2012, 01:54 PM
I have had something similar, but in both cases, it was because belt was too tight, seriously. One weekend, try going the entire two days without wearing a belt, may have to resort to sweat pants or something, but it would clear up within 24 hours if that's it.

The other options, I have no idea.

Cos
05-02-2012, 01:58 PM

lasimmon
06-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Thought I would bump this instead of making a new thread..

Are there any walk in clinics downtown? Or close to?

I dont have a family doctor and would like to go see someone.

jampack
06-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by lasimmon
Thought I would bump this instead of making a new thread..

Are there any walk in clinics downtown? Or close to?

I dont have a family doctor and would like to go see someone.

There is a Medical Express clinic at 5th Ave. I believe they still accept new patients. Google map the address: (200-400 5 Avenue SW).

There's also another one at 14th street but I can't remember the name of the clinic. It's southbound from 17th Ave SW.