PDA

View Full Version : comments on building a drag crx

felix29
02-03-2004, 06:36 PM
wanting to build a drag crx. looking for some good ideas. as it stands ive got a 91' crx collecting dust . buddy of mine selling me a 99' b20 motor (has to be put together). he also tells me he has high comp pistons to make it turbo ready. so to make a long story short. body- anything i dont need, gone! front facia- want to put one peice glass/fiber( if possable a 5th gen civic ) motor- b20 w/ turbo, no2(?).
rumor has it, in order to run turbo w/ no2 the block has to be sleeved (t/f)
if anybody has any info, ideas, or want to throw some cash my way, lol!.
much thanks!
[email protected]

buh_buh
02-03-2004, 06:46 PM
You don't have to sleeve the block for turbo unless you want to run high boost. And high compression pistons are for N/A setups. You want low compression pistons for turbo.

hjr
02-03-2004, 07:03 PM
high comp for turbo set-up? maybe you are mixed up. thats the opposite of what you want.

angierideswitme
02-03-2004, 07:10 PM
sell your 91, and buy a 88 dx/hf, they are much lighter

kolumbo69
02-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Not true you dont have to go to a total low compresion piston for a turbo i have seen guys run higher compresion ( not killer high compression) so that they still have alot of power before the turbo spools , a good site to check is http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29799 go there its a complete artical for doing boost

hjr
02-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by kolumbo69
Not true you dont have to go to a total low compresion piston for a turbo i have seen guys run higher compresion ( not killer high compression) so that they still have alot of power before the turbo spools , a good site to check is http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29799 go there its a complete artical for doing boost Of course you dont have to but if this guys friend is screwing him he should probably know. It could be an mistake though.

rage2
02-03-2004, 09:16 PM
High compression isn't a problem if you have enough octane :).

XES
02-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by rage2
High compression isn't a problem if you have enough octane :).

...and a excellent tuner ;) ...one with some high compression turbo experience.

Dr. Lightspeed
02-04-2004, 01:19 AM
Many ways to lower static compression do not however go for the thicker head gasket that will only probally drop you about .2-.3