PDA

View Full Version : mang i hate drywall screws!

dangleberries
05-02-2012, 11:10 PM
so i had bookcase come in that needs to be screwed to the wall and it came with a couple drywall scerws. faaaaack right?

well i got 1 in and about 3mm before it was flush with the wall the inside of the plastic drywall screw started stripping.

then the next one i used, the tip just sheared off for no reason, but i tried pushing the tip thru to the inside of the wall and then screwing the remainder in, but all that did was create a massive hole in the drywall.

so now what, i think i need proffesional helps?

spacerz
05-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Those are not called drywall screws. They are called drywall anchors. You should purchase some metal drywall anchors and screw into those, they are way stronger than their plastic counterparts.

They look like this:
http://t2.ftcdn.net/jpg/00/00/39/49/400_F_394957_AV9tP4wS7deWBL0stP4568VI6T80O3.jpg

dangleberries
05-02-2012, 11:28 PM
aww damn, shit just got all hard up in here. so how do i prevent the anchors from just busting the drywall apart and making a "gape" in the drywall?

project240
05-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by dangleberries
aww damn, shit just got all hard up in here. so how do i prevent the anchors from just busting the drywall apart and making a "gape" in the drywall?

Don't use those shit plastic anchors... buy some decent ones like pictured or self toggle anchors... they hold about 80lbs or so.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_68734-2191-25320_0__?productId=3323542&Ntt=anchors&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Danchors%26page%3D8&facetInfo=

Seth1968
05-03-2012, 01:04 AM
so i had bookcase come in that needs to be screwed to the wall and it came with a couple drywall scerws. faaaaack right?

well i got 1 in and about 3mm before it was flush with the wall the inside of the plastic drywall screw started stripping.

then the next one i used, the tip just sheared off for no reason, but i tried pushing the tip thru to the inside of the wall and then screwing the remainder in, but all that did was create a massive hole in the drywall.

so now what, i think i need proffesional helps?

Ntense_SpecV
05-03-2012, 08:04 AM
The plastic screw type anchors work great if you drill a small pilot hole first. I find that the drwall is fairly tough compared to those anchors and I would have them bind, or sheer the head right off when trying to put them in without first drilling a hole. Now I mark the anchor locations, find drill bit that is the same size as the anchor shaft and then screw in the anchor. Takes a whole extra 2 min, and the result is the paper on the drywall not scrunching up or snapping the anchor.

To fix your problem, you might actually have to patch the hole if it's too big now. Can you upsize the anchor so it still works without having to patch, paint and then re-install?

sputnik
05-03-2012, 08:11 AM
I only use spring toggles. Everything else is crap.

http://www.ameribestfasteners.com/SPRING.gif

lilmira
05-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Sounds like you hit a stud.

bourge73
05-03-2012, 08:17 AM
+1

CapnCrunch
05-03-2012, 10:25 AM
http://www.toggler.com/products/snaptoggle/overview.php

I just hung a pot rack from the drywall on my ceiling with 2 of these, then proceeded to put all of my pots on it, and then hang my full weight on it.

FUCK YEAH!!!!:guns:

dangleberries
05-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
I only use spring toggles. Everything else is crap.

http://www.ameribestfasteners.com/SPRING.gif YEAYEAHHHH NIGGAAAA

spring toggled the bitch up yesterday and shit be tight now!!! filled the gape up perfectly..and if i need to fuck wid the drywall in the future this is what ill do from the start. thanks b!

Graham_A_M
05-07-2012, 10:04 AM
^ Im quite surprised you didn't hire somebody to do that for you. Too rich & useless to work on your POS prelude, and justifiably too rich to do your own drywall work as well I'd assume.
:thumbsup:

dangleberries
05-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ Im quite surprised you didn't hire somebody to do that for you. Too rich & useless to work on your POS prelude, and justifiably too rich to do your own drywall work as well I'd assume.
:thumbsup: did you just come here to troll or to hate? cuz me n my b sputnik got the shit lock down already. too late for you to troll. ps. preludes are the tits. i know their's better cars out their but i love mine, sorry hater.

HuMz
05-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Plastic anchors are meant for fastening to concrete, like mentioned toggle bolts are the best for drywall. EZ anchors (metal spirals) work fairly good and are rated 50lbs each as well.

Kavy
05-07-2012, 07:24 PM
YEAYEAHHHH NIGGAAAA

spring toggled the bitch up yesterday and shit be tight now!!! filled the gape up perfectly..and if i need to fuck wid the drywall in the future this is what ill do from the start. thanks b!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dgB9rn-GNkg/TUwW5mY3MzI/AAAAAAAAAD4/rGdq5Suaex0/s1600/wannabe+gangsta.jpg

Graham_A_M
05-07-2012, 08:32 PM
^ Word thats exactly what comes to mind when visualizing this class-act.

did you just come here to troll or to hate? cuz me n my b sputnik got the shit lock down already. too late for you to troll. ps. preludes are the tits. i know their's better cars out their but i love mine, sorry hater.
"Better cars" would be the understatement of the decade. Either way enjoy your obsolete torque-less POS, you know.... the one you're too much of a pussy of to actually work on yourself. ;) regardless of how easy they are to work on.
I love your troll accusations coming from a noob goof like somebody around here, I adore that logic:rofl: :rofl: Any other brilliant conclusions or is that it for today? Send me a PM when you finish your book on Theoretical Quantum Physics.
:thumbsup:

C_Dave45
05-07-2012, 08:42 PM
I have yet to see one contributing post from Mr Wigga over there. Nothing but verbal diarrhea.

dangleberries
05-08-2012, 12:00 PM
^ Word thats exactly what comes to mind when visualizing this class-act.

"Better cars" would be the understatement of the decade. Either way enjoy your obsolete torque-less POS, you know.... the one you're too much of a pussy of to actually work on yourself. ;) regardless of how easy they are to work on.
I love your troll accusations coming from a noob goof like somebody around here, I adore that logic:rofl: :rofl: Any other brilliant conclusions or is that it for today? Send me a PM when you finish your book on Theoretical Quantum Physics.
:thumbsup: yea i do enjoy my car, thats why i came here to this forum. sorry ure so high and mitey and know more about cars than me and drive better cars. must be great.

c dave i dont know u and i never said a bad word about you. but sorry that i offernded u b. i aint steppin

JRSC00LUDE
05-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Graham, watch the lude talk son. Don't make me come over there. :guns:

Dinglenuts, why don't you start communicating like an intelligent and useful person. Otherwise, what's the point of being here? No one thinks your choice of language form is "cool", you're not being "the man", there are no marginalized 14 year old girls here to impress (although I have a suspicion that a few members may impersonate them on other forums) so if you're not just being a trolling asshat, don't act like one. Problem solved.

EDIT - After seeing your wonderful contribution in spoons thread, I can see your current stay here is going to be an arduous one for us all.....

Kavy
05-08-2012, 12:48 PM
^^^^
Amen

dangleberries
05-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Dinglenuts, why don't you start communicating like an intelligent and useful person. Otherwise, what's the point of being here? No one thinks your choice of language form is "cool", you're not being "the man", there are no marginalized 14 year old girls here to impress (although I have a suspicion that a few members may impersonate them on other forums) so if you're not just being a trolling asshat, don't act like one. Problem solved.

EDIT - After seeing your wonderful contribution in spoons thread, I can see your current stay here is going to be an arduous one for us all..... aw shit another lude brother in the hood. i aint smart, never was. just a simple bro with a car a dream

colinxx235
05-08-2012, 02:41 PM
^

also reading word up magazine?

bubbley
05-08-2012, 02:45 PM
this guy is a douche

HomespunLobster
05-08-2012, 02:56 PM
vM7jE16kcXA

Kavy
05-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235
^

also reading word up magazine?
Salt'n'Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine

Graham_A_M
05-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

I have nothing against preludes whatsoever. Just certain "Rich wannabe" wigger goofs like somebody around here that just so happens to own one.

Just a bit of a tip for you.

aw shit another lude brother in the hood. i aint smart, never was. just a simple bro with a car a dream
You dont necessarily have to tell everybody your "not smart" by speaking like a 13 year old that thinks he's badass.
Perhaps try to learn proper grammar and speaking properly. Calling people you dont even know "niggers" and the like is a great way of getting your ass kicked hard.

At this point perhaps you should keep doing that since that would probably knock some sense into you.

dangleberries
05-08-2012, 10:01 PM

I have nothing against preludes whatsoever. Just certain "Rich wannabe" wigger goofs like somebody around here that just so happens to own one.

Just a bit of a tip for you.

You dont necessarily have to tell everybody your "not smart" by speaking like a 13 year old that thinks he's badass.
Perhaps try to learn proper grammar and speaking properly. Calling people you dont even know "niggers" and the like is a great way of getting your ass kicked hard.

At this point perhaps you should keep doing that since that would probably knock some sense into you. i aint never called nobody a nigger. thats messed up bro.

and i dont need tips from u. but thanks for offering.

why u hatin man. y u threating to kick my ass? i aint never done anything to u. u go start fights at bars with ppl cuz they dumber than u too? or just on message forums? i got nuttin to prove to u man, i know i aint smart n i happy with my life and my car and my bros and bitches. maybe if u were too u wouldnt try starting on line fights.

Graham_A_M
05-08-2012, 10:13 PM
^ Okay then :rolleyes: Im really not threatening to kick your ass; but what I am "threatening" is for actual black people to do just that.

i aint never called nobody a nigger. thats messed up bro.

and i dont need tips from u. but thanks for offering.

why u hatin man. y u threating to kick my ass? i aint never done anything to u. u go start fights at bars with ppl cuz they dumber than u too? or just on message forums? i got nuttin to prove to u man, i know i aint smart n i happy with my life and my car and my bros and bitches. maybe if u were too u wouldnt try starting on line fights.
And there it is below

but ya mang if this is your first new old new car and u were all excited n shit u missed stuff. dont sweat it nigga that shit happens to all of us. just learn from it and dont do it again.

taken from here
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=353615&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=3

I've worked with "spoons" and hes about as white as it gets, as am I.

I find it odd you'd call him racial slurs dispite you'll likely never meet him, and yet you know next to nothing about the guy.

dangleberries
05-09-2012, 10:25 AM
nigga never has and never will be a racist slur. u thinking of nigger. ignant

"Niggers was the ones on the rope, hanging off the thing; niggas is the ones with gold ropes, hanging out at clubs."

r3ccOs
05-09-2012, 07:10 PM
nigga never has and never will be a racist slur. u thinking of nigger. ignant

"Niggers was the ones on the rope, hanging off the thing; niggas is the ones with gold ropes, hanging out at clubs."

you sir are my hero...

when I grew up I had posted of Preludes all over my walls... I still ain't baller enough to buy one

man... that sweet sweeet prelude, so lude... so fast

and yes, good luck with that drywall :D

drywall can hold like 60000lbs with one hercules hook... u should hang your next 70" tv off one! its amazing

cancer man
05-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Give 'em 2 my workers, let da strip have dem,

Feins go bezurk from da work im chefin,

Feins go 2 work after da work u sale dem,

They know they gotta buy more,

They head hurt,

They're eyes sore,

You salin dat cheap rock,

Sheet rock, dry wall,

They dont want dat they come bac for more,

But they come bac 2 me,