PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Gold in Vancouver

ga16i
05-03-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm looking to pick up some Chinese 999 gold for an upcoming wedding, and wondering if any of the fobs on here had dealt with Chow Sang Sang in Vancouver. Are they legit? Or is it just a pretend jewelry shop using the Hong Kong brand name? I don't see any mention of stores outside the Asia region on chowsangsang.com, and chowsangsang.ca (website for the Vancouver store supposedly) just screams scam... :dunno: Thoughts? Luk Fook in Pacific Mall in Toronto seemed legit when I went. Looking on Google maps, this Chow Sang Sang in Vancouver doesn't even seem to be near a "Chinese" area...

Strider
05-03-2012, 10:15 AM
I've seen that store on Granville, it seems pretty sketchy... I would be very surprised if it was affiliated with the Hong Kong store.

There's a Luk Fook in Aberdeen Centre in Richmond... might be a better bet.

ga16i
05-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Thanks for that. I did decide to skip the Granville location, and dealt directly with chowsangsang.com who seems to be the only one doing business online with North America in the Chinese gold jewelry market. I got dinged pretty hard on the customs and GST even though it was shipped express through Fedex. Very happy with the quality and purchase, the craftsmanship and design is just plain nothing like I see around Calgary.

I will check out the Luk Fook in Richmond some time though.

rage2
05-11-2012, 01:20 PM
I thought gold bars were GST exempt?

ga16i
05-11-2012, 04:44 PM
umm... you'd probably that better than me :nut:

D-36
Precious metals - purchase/sale
Description: sells gold, silver, platinum in bar, ingot, coin, or wafer
form with purity of at least 99.5% for gold and platinum or 99.9% for
silver. Sells gold, silver or platinum certificates entitling the owner to
anything described above. (see also D-37 and E-10)
Exempt

Yeah, it does appear that you're right! Good news for all the beyond ballers out there (not me)! :cry:
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/gm/17-2/17-2-e.pdf

egmilano
05-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Lol chinese can't even trust the chinese ...