PDA

View Full Version : Good restaurant suggestions?

R-Audi
02-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Looking for Val. Day, I know there is a post about Val. already, but this is for restaurants. I am at school in Lethrbridge now, so I am not really up on new restaurants.
Looking to spend approx. $150 for two......(including drinks)

Looking for something different, and open to try new things...

R-Audi
02-03-2004, 07:33 PM
Whoops! can this be moved to the Food and Dining section?
When did it start?

Ben
02-03-2004, 07:48 PM
I'll move this outta Ask Leo, before people start recommending tossed salad and stuff, hahaha

Anyhow, you're looking for a Restaurant in Lethbridge?

R-Audi
02-03-2004, 08:22 PM
Thanks Ben, tossed salad just won't do...
for that night anyways
Actually looking for a restaurant in Calgary

JordanLotoski
02-03-2004, 08:25 PM
teatro's......centini's......drinkwater.....

inspire
02-03-2004, 08:31 PM
Carver's Steakhouse!

GorG
02-03-2004, 08:33 PM
Ceaser's, its a nice place and dishes aren't that expencive, and the lil itialian resturant? what kind of food are you looking at?

EK 2.0
02-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by SIRCANADA
teatro's......centini's......drinkwater.....

Teatros is GREAT...The Lobster Lasagna is to die for...

bksze
02-03-2004, 09:07 PM
check out the Muse in Kensington, won best new restaurant in Canada for 2003. New twist on some of the other restaurants named in this thread, although all of them are fairly good bets. Although, I'm not too big of a fan of Centini's, nice atmosphere but food seemed sub par.

ZorroAMG
02-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Steak: Carver's is great, Ceasar's is great.

For little known and fantastic Italian, try Da Paolo's or my buddy Da Guido's

For different: Belvedere, that new one on 17th just after 8th st (old Sultans tent) Kyoto 17, try and get the partitioned room!

For cheaper but good: Buon Giorno/Chameleon, Aida's (lebanese), Latin Corner,

Ben
02-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by inspire
Carver's Steakhouse!

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Steak: Carver's is great, Ceasar's is great.

Latin Corner,

All great places for sure

Down south there is also Smugglers Inn, has a Roman motif to it

Broken Plate in Kensington, Mother Tuckers on 10th, The Owls Nest at the Westin.

But yeah, for Romance, Teatros is a great choice.

E36M3
02-03-2004, 10:21 PM
My two favorite spots in Calgary are Rouge (in Inglewood) which is an amazing little french restaurant in a historic old mansion (Cross House). The food is excellent, they have a decent wine list (for Calgary) and the presentation is really great. It is a perfect place for Valentine's day. My other favorite spot is the Living Room, which is small, comfortable and great for people in their 20s-early 30s. Both are on the pricier side of things, but you should be able to get out for $75/piece if you are careful with the wine.

Belvedere is also great, but I don't think it would be my first choice for Valentine's day. Also consider Il Sogno in Bridgeland, which is a great little Italian restaurant. It is very pricey, but well worth the money. You'd have a lot of trouble getting out of there for less than $100 a person.

JAYMEZ
02-03-2004, 10:46 PM
Gota book for Teatros dont you? i think im gonna go there this vday.

sputnik
02-04-2004, 08:16 AM
Ceasar's is great.

Caesars isnt really romantic though. Its more like an old club for the oilmen in town.

R-Audi
02-04-2004, 09:41 AM
Caesers and Carvers definately won't work, as her father owns a competing Steakhouse......
Teatros sounds quite nice, I wil try calling today to see if they have room.

R-Audi
02-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Teatro's is full for V-day... I heard the Muse had a big flood and was not open.. Any more suggestions??

sputnik
02-04-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
Caesers and Carvers definately won't work, as her father owns a competing Steakhouse......

Which one?

ZorroAMG
02-04-2004, 01:56 PM
Try italian man, you wont be disapponted with my suggestions

Da Paolo's has the BEST Ceasar salad i have ever eaten :D

R-Audi
02-04-2004, 02:02 PM
I may just take you up on your suggestion, only because you're such a baller!

Her Dad is involved with The Cattlebarons, and Wellingtons

ZorroAMG
02-04-2004, 02:07 PM
Da Paolo's is very classy, she'll like it! Escargot are great there :)

"wanna be a baller, shot caller" LOL

R-Audi
02-04-2004, 06:36 PM
It will have to be Da Paulo's for another night, I went with Benvenuto's (sp) for the live music on the weekends.

Where is Da Paulo's?

gpomp
02-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Caesar's downtown has the WORST service ever.

sml
02-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
Caesar's downtown has the WORST service ever.

The service from our waiter was good, but the boss' attitude sucks ass!

Anyways...
I dunno why everyone thinks Teatro is so great... it's really not. It's not very formal, it's not very romantic, and the food is really sub-par. Maybe I have high standards, but I expected more for a $40 dish of lamb. It's more of an upscale new york open kitchen type of restaruant. Defintely not worth writing home about. Beveldere has really nice atmosphere, but once again, the food is very sub-par. I went to Le Chamiuere last year and I think it was pretty darn good for $50/head. I've also heard good things about owl's nest, the ranche, and Murrietta. Why not suprise her and take her to like the Grizzly house out in Banff or a romantic getaway in Kananaskis lodge hotel?

itsnotaDUB
02-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Da Paolo's is very classy, she'll like it! Escargot are great there :)

"wanna be a baller, shot caller" LOL

yah De Palos is amazing, a little pricey but well worth it.. it also helps knowing the owners hehehe

Ben
02-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I'll vote for the Grizzley House also, went there last year, it owned.

ZorroAMG
02-04-2004, 08:33 PM
DA Paolo's is on 17th just about one block from mac Tr S. It is right before the calgary stamp and stencil on the right side going east on 17th ave.

Have a good one! :)

R-Audi
02-04-2004, 08:41 PM
I originally wanted to go to Banff for the night, but her Dad is a little over-protecive....

Murrietta's was good, that was the first date though.

Ben
02-04-2004, 09:07 PM
pfft...over protective.

You drive an Audi, its good in bad weather, and You can have her back in town before 11

R-Audi
02-04-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Ben
pfft...over protective.

You drive an Audi, its good in bad weather, and You can have her back in town before 11

I know, I know, I tried.
That would be quite a while in the car though, gotta save some time for Lovin.....

:bigpimp:

Ben
02-04-2004, 09:46 PM
On the Road of Life there are Passengers, and there are Drivers...receiving roadhead from passengers.

sml
02-05-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
I know, I know, I tried.
That would be quite a while in the car though, gotta save some time for Lovin.....
:bigpimp:

Dude, that's what the back seat's for!!! Hell, you even got a 4 door, you're all set! :rofl:

RC-Cola
02-05-2004, 02:25 PM
If your going all the way out to banff you should continue on to Lake Lousie and go to the Post Hotel.

Still absolutely the best restaurant in western canada, period. Be prepared to spend some $$$ though.

R-Audi
02-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Ben
On the Road of Life there are Passengers, and there are Drivers...receiving roadhead from passengers.

Not sure If I am at that stage yet......its only been a few months. I do enjoy setting goals though

:D