PDA

View Full Version : Backyard Play Sets

eiysa101
05-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Anyone have any experience buying one of these?

Any recommendations? Costco, Totem, ToysRus, HomeDepot?

Leaning towards ToysRus due to the price but just checking if anyone has first hand experience with these things.

Fully aware these are a bitch to setup and take a atleast a full weekend if not more.

dr_jared88
05-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Your best bet is to probably talk to Sorath. He's is very knowledgeable with that age group.

Ntense_SpecV
05-03-2012, 03:57 PM
I have 3 neighbors that all bought the costco version. It was kinda funny seeing them all in various stages of construction. They look well built from what I can see and after talking to all of them they all seem happy with their purchase.

Tik-Tok
05-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Check Kijiji for good deals. A friend picked this up the other week for $200. Took some effort to move obviously (glad I was working that day, lol)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/536476_10151517515420618_510595617_23257491_278786601_n.jpg

Masked Bandit
05-03-2012, 04:47 PM
The ones from Costco & Totem are a little more sturdy than the Walmart / Toys R Us variety. They are all time consuming to put together. We got very lucky a couple of years ago though. It was near the end of the season and Walmart still had their display model out front. I made them an offer and they took it. I took it apart into only three sections and moved it home like that (sooner or later, everyone needs a truck. We had it put back together with the kids playing on it in about an hour or two.

Even thought it's just the Walmart variety it's still sturdy enough for me to be on (and I'm not small). We've had as many as six kids playing on it at one time with no problems. They do take up a lot of space though.

lint
05-03-2012, 04:53 PM
+1 for kijiji. They come up quite often, the only issue is getting it taken apart enough to move it.

Nufy
05-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by lint
+1 for kijiji. They come up quite often, the only issue is getting it taken apart enough to move it.

+2 for Kijiji...

I sold mine on there just to get it out of my backyard.

Me the the new owner spent about 3 hours getting it to a point where we could load it into his truck.

Many splinters and cracked pieces of timber... I guess 8+ years in the Calgary weather will do that to pressure treated lumber...

That being said, the kit I sold him goes for over 600 now at Totem so it was a deal for sure...

SilverGS
05-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Nufy

+2 for Kijiji...

I sold mine on there just to get it out of my backyard.

Me the the new owner spent about 3 hours getting it to a point where we could load it into his truck.

Many splinters and cracked pieces of timber... I guess 8+ years in the Calgary weather will do that to pressure treated lumber...

That being said, the kit I sold him goes for over 600 now at Totem so it was a deal for sure...

This is why I went with a Little Tikes / Step 2 plastic one. Don't have to worry about the wood over time. Worst thing with those plastic models is the color may fade over time and no splinters to worry about.

Got mine off Kijiji as well. But you have to be patient. At this time of year the ones on Kijiji for a good price go very fast. The ones remaining are the ones asking for basically brand new pricing for a used product.