PDA

View Full Version : Racist dog gets arrested

Chim
02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
http://start.earthlink.net/newsarticle?cat=6&aid=D80G2E5G0_story

MCKEES ROCKS, Pa. - A police dog has been suspended while investigators try to determine whether the animal has something against black children.

The dog, a German shepherd named Dolpho, was cleared two years ago of attacking a child because he was black. But Dolpho was removed from duty on Monday after biting another black child.

Dolpho attacked a 14-year-old black girl on Jan. 28 during a crime-prevention demonstration at a school but did not break the youngster's skin. The girl's parents said a white student petted the dog without incident before he attacked their daughter.

In 2002, town officials ordered a two-month investigation to determine if Dolpho was singling out blacks while on patrol after the dog escaped from police vehicle and bit a 9-year-old black boy playing nearby. The dog was taken off duty, retrained for two months and returned to the force.

City Councilwoman Wanda Jones Dixon, who is black, complained about the dog in 2002 and renewed her request that the animal be retired from the police force or put to sleep.

Is it just me or is this the most ridiculous thing ever?

hjr
02-03-2004, 07:34 PM
Arnt dogs color blind you might be asking yourself?

well yes, indeed they are. they have (edit: ) 'relatively' terrible sight over-all. (no detail and color issues, but good night vision)

they destinguish by use of smell and to a lesser extent sound.

so unless all black people smell funky then its pretty bogus.

GingeRRRBeef
02-03-2004, 07:34 PM
ummm aren't dogs colorblind?????

hjr
02-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
ummm aren't dogs colorblind????? check above post haha

5abi
02-03-2004, 07:43 PM
has 2 be dumbest shit ever

the dog "bit" but did'nt "break the skin"

so obviously it wuz'nt an anger bite

dumb asses

kevie88
02-03-2004, 07:43 PM
actually, dogs can be trained to single out blacks and darker skinned people relatively easily. I've heard of this many times before actually. Here's an interesting article:

http://slate.msn.com/id/2079214/

It's not that the dog is "racist" persay, but it's been taught to attack darkskinned people. It works the same for cops, the dogs are trained NOT to attack people in uniform, kinda the same principle.

hjr
02-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
actually, dogs can be trained to single out blacks and darker skinned people relatively easily. I've heard of this many times before actually. Here's an interesting article:

http://slate.msn.com/id/2079214/

It's not that the dog is "racist" persay, but it's been taught to attack darkskinned people. It works the same for cops, the dogs are trained NOT to attack people in uniform, kinda the same principle. good post, now i feel all ignorant :(

kevie88
02-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Don't man!! I didn't know this either, and wouldn't have believed it until I read a similar article about 5 years ago.. :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
02-03-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by hjr
good post, now i feel all ignorant :(

or just color blind...

http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/Ishihara.html

VWhooligan
02-03-2004, 09:47 PM
maybe the dog could smell the fried chicken on the black kids

hjr
02-03-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

or just color blind...

http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/Ishihara.html i did that test last time i was at the doctors for a check-up. 100% color vision.

GingeRRRBeef
02-03-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by hjr
check above post haha

I know, there weren't any posts when I started writing ... you beat me to it!!!! DAMN YOU :guns: :D

GingeRRRBeef
02-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by VWhooligan

that's just mean .... Ummmm pass the corn ... :rofl:

GingeRRRBeef
02-03-2004, 10:34 PM
Me == Red Green color blind

But I knew that a long time ago :D

Maybe I should go attack some black ppl.

:rofl:

GingeRRRBeef
02-03-2004, 10:38 PM
That's it ... I think I'm going to hell

skyway
02-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by hjr

well yes, indeed they are. they have terrible sight over-all.

Colorblind doesn't mean that they can't see color, and even if they couldn't see color they could still see BLACK and WHITE.
Terrible sight over all? Are you stupid? Care to provide any links that will back that pile of steaming crap coming out of your mouth up?

Some of the misinformation that you guys spew on this site is fucking pathetic.

skyway
02-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by VWhooligan

Now that is funny!!!

rc2002
02-04-2004, 10:02 AM
It's not even the dog's fault that he attacks people because he was trained to do it. The trainer should probably be the one getting charged...

hjr
02-04-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by skyway

Colorblind doesn't mean that they can't see color, and even if they couldn't see color they could still see BLACK and WHITE.
Terrible sight over all? Are you stupid? Care to provide any links that will back that pile of steaming crap coming out of your mouth up?

Some of the misinformation that you guys spew on this site is fucking pathetic. Ok, are you a dog? i didnt mean to insult you directly. haha
but ya: yikes yikes yikes, no neeeeeed to get pissy. im mean seriously, take a step back and realize; THIS IS THE INTERNET. I was pretty sure it was common knowledge that dogs had bad sight and were more reliant on their smell. Damn, it is common knowledge. 'Are joo stuupid essay?'

hjr
02-04-2004, 10:31 AM
http://www.animaleyecare.com/for.htm#Vision%20In%20Dogs,%20Horses,%20and%20Cats

As rods do not function in daylight these animals are dependent on their few cones for spatial and temporal visual resolution, which probably means that their blue and yellow visual world is a fuzzy blue and yellow world. What appears red to us is simply dark to the dog and cat, and a part of the green spectrum is indistinguishable from white. Colors that would appear very rich to us are more pastel-like to the cat. The cat sees a green, grassy lawn as a whitish lawn, and a green rose-bush as a whitish bush with dark flowers.

The lens of dogs and cats has weak accommodative ability and therefore they have limited near focus capability

something i googled, but i have no time to get in ot it. off to class!!!

Kona9
02-04-2004, 11:06 AM
That is actually a great idea!! Whenever I get a dog I think I will train it ethnic commands, or commands based on where people are from. Seeing as I have friends from pretty much every racial background, I can teach my dog to either bite or pee on them on command depending on which of my friends pisses me off. Especially my Newfy friend Trevor.

skyway
02-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by hjr
http://www.animaleyecare.com/for.htm#Vision%20In%20Dogs,%20Horses,%20and%20Cats

As rods do not function in daylight these animals are dependent on their few cones for spatial and temporal visual resolution, which probably means that their blue and yellow visual world is a fuzzy blue and yellow world. What appears red to us is simply dark to the dog and cat, and a part of the green spectrum is indistinguishable from white. Colors that would appear very rich to us are more pastel-like to the cat. The cat sees a green, grassy lawn as a whitish lawn, and a green rose-bush as a whitish bush with dark flowers.

The lens of dogs and cats has weak accommodative ability and therefore they have limited near focus capability

something i googled, but i have no time to get in ot it. off to class!!!

Let me reiterate the question because you seem to be confused.
Please show me some proof of Dogs having terrible eyesight.

I suppose that's why they are used as seeing eye dogs?

I'm not getting pissy at all sucker. You need to realize that perhaps you don't know what the fuck you are talking about after all.

Khyron
02-04-2004, 01:32 PM

I'm not getting pissy at all sucker. You need to realize that perhaps you don't know what the fuck you are talking about after all.

And you need to do your homework before you come on here bashing people, and trying to look smart, you stupid arrogant fuck.

Dogs are partially color blind, have better night vision and have better peripheral vision. BUT - Since dogs have no fovea, their estimated eye for detail is about six times poorer than in a human. Is that clear enough for you Einstein?

Seeing eye dogs look for cars and falling trees. They don't need to be able to read text or see the tread patterns on a tire.

Khyron

skyway
02-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Hey goof, I can read the same links that you googled so please don't act like you have come up with some groundbreaking evidence.

Dogs are partially color blind, have better night vision and have better peripheral vision. BUT - Since dogs have no fovea, their estimated eye for detail is about six times poorer than in a human. Is that clear enough for you Einstein?

So let me get this straight you prick, they have better night vision AND better peripheral vision yet all in all they have "terrible vision"? Riiiight.

Seeing eye dogs look for cars and falling trees. They don't need to be able to read text or see the tread patterns on a tire.

Yep, and don't forget stoplights, crosswalk signals, and other minor details that your typical dog with terrible vision needs to notice.

Stupid - nope, not even slightly.
Arrogant - without a doubt.
Fuck - nah, your sister can have the night off to clean out her pussy.

GingeRRRBeef
02-04-2004, 02:32 PM

Holy fuck! Who's the one that look like a dumb asshole now, you big cup of boiling bovine semen? Why the hell did you come on here and running your mouth like you knew something? You talked like a canine Ph.D raised in the trailer park. Did you know a definitive answer to canine eyesight before pissing everyone off? Are you a fucking mutt trained to use a computer?

Instead you could have, like an intelligent and civilized person, google'd for information regarding canine eyesight and report back to us that dogs do not in fact have poor eye sight etc. You could have simply said "Hey guys, I found this info and I think you are wrong."

Just like Khyron said ... they watch for car, obstacles etc. They don't need the ability to tell the difference between 10 and 20 bills, you ignorant fuck. They are eye seeing dogs because they're eyesight is sufficient. It gets the job done. Exactly what your girlfriend said.

angierideswitme
02-04-2004, 02:35 PM
:guns: :guns: :guns: :thumbsdow Ban Him!

GingeRRRBeef
02-04-2004, 02:36 PM
So let me get this straight you prick, they have better night vision AND better peripheral vision yet all in all they have "terrible vision"? Riiiight.

You surprise me once again. I don't even know why you are calling other people stupid because obviously you can't get the simple logic figured out in your head.

He said "better night vision and peripheral vision" than a human!!!!!!! BUT a human can see 6 times better the details.

HOLY STUPID FUCK!!!

angierideswitme
02-04-2004, 02:37 PM
It gets the job done. Exactly what your girlfriend said.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that needs to go in the best insult thread!!

skyway
02-04-2004, 03:18 PM
He said "better night vision and peripheral vision" than a human!!!!!!! BUT a human can see 6 times better the details.

So what's your point? I never once stated that they perhaps lacked detail acuity which obviously has absolutely nothing to do with attacking the poor black bastards in the first place.

I'm not the roach that made the blanket statement declaring dogs have terrible vision when in fact they do not.

Just like Khyron said ... they watch for car, obstacles etc. They don't need the ability to tell the difference between 10 and 20 bills, you ignorant fuck. They are eye seeing dogs because they're eyesight is sufficient. It gets the job done. Exactly what your girlfriend said.

I would call a stoplight or crosswalk signal a pretty important detail you fucking piece of piss. Grab a brain idiot. You can try to twist shit around and pretend to be smarter than you truly are, and maybe fool some people into believing it, but the fact remains - Dogs do not have terrible vision.

Please don't try to protest your wisdom any longer because your arguments are categorically worthless.

angierideswitme
02-04-2004, 03:22 PM
stop using big words, your like a highschool kid who can't write an essay, you sound smart, and have good grammar, but you can't back it up! just keep talking all this shit:thumbsdow :bullshit: :guns: :bullshit: :thumbsdow

skyway
02-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by angierideswitme
stop using big words, your like a highschool kid who can't write an essay, you sound smart, and have good grammar, but you can't back it up! just keep talking all this shit:thumbsdow :bullshit: :guns: :bullshit: :thumbsdow

Laughable coming from a goof that is forced to used faggot ass smilies as a means to communicate. Perhaps you should actually go back to school and learn something of grammar and words with more than two syllables. Way to go Gretzky!

GingeRRRBeef
02-04-2004, 03:32 PM
Look son, you obviously have the comprehension capabilities of a box of crayons so consider yourself educated.

For your punk ass (http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/petcolumns/showarticle.cfm?id=116)

The retina, which covers the back of the inside of the eyeball, contains cones and rods-two types of light-sensitive cells. Cones provide color perception and detailed sight, while rods detect motion and vision in dim light. Dogs, which have rod-dominated retinas, see better in the dark than humans do and have motion-oriented vision. However, because they have only about one-tenth the concentration of cones that humans have, dogs do not see colors as humans do.

Seeing-eye dogs, for example, may not distinguish whether a stoplight is green or red; they look at the brightness and position of the light. This and the flow and noise of traffic will tell the dog that it is the right time to cross the street

In addition to having less binocular vision than humans, dogs also have less visual acuity. Humans with perfect eyesight are said to have 20/20 vision-we can distinguish letters or objects at a distance of 20 feet. Dogs typically have 20/75 vision-they must be 20 feet from an object to see it as well as a human standing 75 feet away. Certain breeds have better acuity. Labradors, commonly used as seeing-eye dogs, have been bred for better eyesight and may have closer to 20/20 vision.

WhiteNikes
02-04-2004, 03:46 PM
skyway,

you prolly need to let it go. Ain't nobody provin' nuthin here. You are managing t' make nuff peep despise you tho. Think about it, kid, what're you arguing for?

skyway
02-04-2004, 03:54 PM
Educated on what dipshit? You have proved nothing. I fail to see anywhere in any of those quotes that you have so graciously provided that states "Dogs have terrible vision" I will concur that they generally don't have the detail acuity of a human, but their vision is hardly terrible. And, in some cases, as outlined by the link, dogs are bred to have near perfect vision.

Nice try though - You obviously have the comprehension abilities of the dingle-berry on you moms hairy, hemhoroid ridden hoop.

GingeRRRBeef
02-04-2004, 03:57 PM
OMFG!!!

The statement "dogs have terrible eyesight" was a comparative statement. Holy fuck!

skyway
02-04-2004, 04:00 PM
OMFG!!!

The statement "dogs have terrible statement" was a comparative statement. Holy fuck!

Thanks for the tip. I read it. What's your point...beside the one on your head. Put the dunce cap back on and get in the corner where you belong.

GingeRRRBeef
02-04-2004, 04:01 PM
You obviously have the comprehension abilities of the dingle-berry on you moms hairy, hemhoroid ridden hoop.

Nice one! Did you think of the comprehension part by yourself? :thumbsup:

GingeRRRBeef
02-04-2004, 04:04 PM

Thanks for the tip.

What a coincidence!!!! Your mom said the same thing last night!!!!

skyway
02-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Yawn.

GingeRRRBeef
02-04-2004, 04:13 PM
Yawn.

I'm surprised you took my dick out of your mouth long enough to yawn.

skyway
02-04-2004, 04:15 PM

Seriously, is that all you have you impotent little faggot? You bore me.

angierideswitme
02-04-2004, 04:17 PM
I think Skyway owned everyone !!!!

GingeRRRBeef
02-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Can't admit you lost can you?

Now you are gonna go to the "O you bore me, I'm done with you because I know I'm better than you" tactic. Please son, you're not even a warmup.

googe
02-04-2004, 04:19 PM
can we get some troll cleanup in here

angierideswitme
02-04-2004, 04:20 PM
If it aint a type R then it aint a Tight Car!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

skyway
02-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Can't admit you lost can you?

Now you are gonna go to the "O you bore me, I'm done with you because I know I'm better than you" tactic. Please son, you're not even a warmup.

Can't admit I lost? What are you talking about? Was this some kind of contest? Are you upset because you lost to a guy that didn't even know he was in a contest? Man you really are more pathetic than I had originally thought. You must be one of those ricers who races grandma when she passes you in her Honda.

Way to go goofball - You are AWESOME!

GingeRRRBeef
02-04-2004, 04:28 PM
why is it that you always take what I say and then try to use it on me??? Where's the originality?

Khyron
02-04-2004, 04:33 PM
You called him an idiot for saying "Dogs have terrible vision".

It's been shown that, while not entirely accurate, the statement is valid concerning details.

You demanded evidence, and when it was provided, your reponse "Oh, I could have googled that too" was a lame copout. You could have checked yourself in the first place, but then you wouldn't have been a troll.

It's the same thing as someone saying "Pigs can't fly", and then you coming on saying "Yes they can, stooopid-head, pigs can be shipped on planes, thus they fly".

It's semantics. And trying to insult someone for using smilies? I have just one for you.

http://www.nexus-point.net/icons/ban.gif

Khyron

GingeRRRBeef
02-04-2004, 04:36 PM
^^^ need I say anymore?

skyway
02-04-2004, 04:41 PM
It's been shown that, while not entirely accurate, the statement is valid concerning details.

Sorry, but if that were the case then it should have been stated at the outset by the original poster rather than making blanket statements.

I did check it out in the first place and my thoughts on the subject were confirmed, thus I posted my thoughts on the subject at hand.

GingeRRRBeef
02-04-2004, 04:48 PM
So basically your whole arguement was based on semantics :thumbsup:

and do you not realize that everything is said without loss of generality? Need I give you examples?

Kona9
02-04-2004, 04:51 PM
Khyron don't be a ban sign hog, give it to me I wanna hold it!!!!

WhiteNikes
02-04-2004, 04:56 PM

http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~waltersd/zips/Stallowned.jpg

angierideswitme
02-04-2004, 05:12 PM
:guns:

hjr
02-04-2004, 05:15 PM
::: alright everyone. masterbation break. return in 10 minutes :::

hjr
02-04-2004, 05:18 PM
also, this haslittle to do with racist dogs anymore

GorG
02-04-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by hjr
well yes, indeed they are. they have (edit: ) 'relatively' terrible sight over-all. (no detail and color issues, but good night vision)

What are you talking about guy, dog's have the best vision in the world, they are color blind, they can only see black and white, but do you know that you can put a dog in a room with obsticles in complete darkness and have him find his way out (say he didnt have a sence of smell or able to hear, in pitch black they see everything, for them its like night vision. At 12:00 am at night it looks like the evening for them). And it could also just be part of their character. What i mean by that is so far every Rottweiler that i've met including mine, Hates Red haired males, and loves Red Head Females? Why i dont know all i do know is i have to keep him on a very short leash when one goes by.

kevie88
02-04-2004, 05:32 PM
Ok genitalmen, time to cool this one out. I'mma gonna close this if we can't get along.

Originally posted by hjr
::: alright everyone. masterbation break. return in 10 minutes :::

:rofl:

GingeRRRBeef
02-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by hjr
also, this haslittle to do with racist dogs anymore

all started when he started running his mouth ... geez, I was just trying to defend you

hjr
02-04-2004, 05:47 PM

all started when he started running his mouth ... geez, I was just trying to defend you :werd: much appriciated. no hard feelins?

angierideswitme
02-04-2004, 05:47 PM

GingeRRRBeef
02-04-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by hjr
:werd: much appriciated. no hard feelins?

haha no probs!!! :thumbsup:

How can you tell angierideswitme is a n00b? haha

angierideswitme
02-04-2004, 05:54 PM
bs, I'm no noob:bullshit:

skyway
02-04-2004, 05:54 PM
angierideswitme are you a latch-key-kid? Go find something else to do until your parents get home or pick you up from the daycare. I'm sure we are all very impressed with your picture posting prowess...but you are making yourself look really bad.

To the rest - see you around.

angierideswitme
02-04-2004, 05:56 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hondarunner
02-04-2004, 06:20 PM
:thumbsdow

angierideswitme
02-04-2004, 06:25 PM
:zzz: :zzz:

hjr
02-04-2004, 06:27 PM

bs, I'm no noob:bullshit:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:zzz: :zzz:

i can see you didnt take the afor mentioned 'masterbation' break. you still got some bad vibes in you. release them my son. RELEASE!

angierideswitme
02-04-2004, 06:29 PM
I blew my load all over the screen as soon as your replied to me HJR:D :D :bigpimp: :devil:

kevie88
02-04-2004, 06:32 PM
And....:closed: