PDA

View Full Version : Omg forget Peter's...Boogie's Burgers FTW!!!

Pages : [1] 2

C_Dave45
05-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Been around since 1969 and I just discovered it today!! Good god the burgers are awesome!! And huge:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/CalgaryDave/c567f8e4.jpg

And if you're really adventurous:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/CalgaryDave/c247de03.jpg

Beer is cheap, atmosphere is great..

AND....they take debit card!!!

Isaiah
05-04-2012, 12:44 PM
That looks like a heart attack.

NoMoreG35
05-04-2012, 12:51 PM
I agree. I rather eat nothing than eating this... Unless I feel suicidal

sputnik
05-04-2012, 12:52 PM
I find Boogie's pretty bland.

CompletelyNumb
05-04-2012, 12:59 PM
It used to be a lot better than it is now. It's still leagues above peters though.

Tik-Tok
05-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
It used to be a lot better than it is now. It's still leagues above peters though.

:werd:

Peters is nothing but BBQ sauce for gods sake.

kvg
05-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Where is this place:drool:

Tripz
05-04-2012, 02:21 PM
- 908 Edmonton Trail Northeast, Calgary, AB T2E 3K1
- (403) 230-7070

By far my favourite burger joint in Calgary!

cdnsir
05-04-2012, 02:28 PM
I love their burgers and their red sauce, but not a huge fan of their buns. Tends to be a bit on the side, and would be a lot better if they could just toast it first. :drool:

Spoons
05-04-2012, 02:29 PM
You know they are both owned by the same people right?

The guy who created Peters also created Boogies Burgers. Boogies is his more "upscale" burger joint while Peters is more for fast service and quantity.

Tik-Tok
05-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

I know the guy who owns boogies (through a friend), and he sure as hell doesn't own Peters.

me_dennis
05-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Boogies has gone through a couple or more owners, and from what I've heard, it's not nearly as good as it used to be.

nothing beats home made burgers.

CompletelyNumb
05-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I know the guy who owns boogies (through a friend), and he sure as hell doesn't own Peters.

I like the "peters swear jar" they have/had at boogies. :poosie:

ekguy
05-04-2012, 02:57 PM
As mentioned this place is great but it's be amazing if they chose a different bun...or toasted it...

The bun is the only reason I went there twice and won't return.

Peter's is definitely not what it used to be...and if it is then it was never good to begin with.

georgemagana
05-04-2012, 03:00 PM
This place is amazing! I had the second biggest burger in the menu and wow
besides the size, it tasted amazing :)

Cos
05-04-2012, 03:06 PM

msommers
05-04-2012, 03:28 PM
I went once after Fay and Keith (?? it's been awhile) stopped running it and found it wasn't as good.

Still one of my favorite burgers in town is Buchanan's or that Irish place at the bottom of the Sheraton by Eau Claire is pretty darn good too.

Isaiah
05-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Peter's has always been overrated in my opinion, even before the original owners sold it. The buns get soggy, the patties taste like ground garbage, and it's drenched in a disgusting mix of sauces.

I'm good thanks.

Graham_A_M
05-04-2012, 08:57 PM
"Forget about Peters"? Who the fuck are they? I haven't been there in 10 years, what an over-rated shithole.

It amazes me it has such a cult like following.

Thanks for the heads up on this Boogie's burgers, I'll have to try that when Im down in a few days.
:thumbsup:

SeanDon
05-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Had the "Reaper Burger", was on the can for atleast an hour. But definitely worth it.

J-hop
05-05-2012, 08:46 AM

I like the "peters swear jar" they have/had at boogies. :poosie:

Haha I was going to say!! Definitely no the same owners (at least not in recent history)

Been going there for years, way better than peters and more interesting selection. I love the Boog Mac

rc2002
05-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Never understood the hype about Peter's or how they're even still in business. I'd prefer burger king over Peter's.

msommers
05-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Never understood the hype about Peter's or how they're even still in business. I'd prefer burger king over Peter's.

Their milkshakes bring all the boys and girls to the yard.

know1edge
05-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Spoons

The guy who created Peters also created Boogies Burgers. Boogies is his more "upscale" burger joint while Peters is more for fast service and quantity.

2nd part is actually true

http://www.boogiesburgers.com/about.php

Opened in 1969 and originally owned by Gus Pieters (previous owner of Peter's Drive-In)

FiveFreshFish
05-05-2012, 12:48 PM
A & W has much better onion rings.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Had the Reaper Burger to celebrate finishing at SAIT last year, I love boogies!

cancer man
05-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
A & W has much better onion rings.

I agree with the onion rings by far the best.
Boogie's burgers are good but something is missing for flavor in the meat.

hurrdurr
05-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
"Forget about Peters"? Who the fuck are they? I haven't been there in 10 years, what an over-rated shithole.

It amazes me it has such a cult like following.

Thanks for the heads up on this Boogie's burgers, I'll have to try that when Im down in a few days.

I don't get it either ;/

C_Dave45
05-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by hurrdurr

I don't get it either ;/
Same. Wife and I went through there once years ago. I just found it like any other burger except for the fact it was SMOTHERED in some sort of relish which just made it soggy. We were both just "meh".

I've often thought about giving it another chance, but every time I'm driving by I forget about the "cash only" thing and it just irritates me. And I keep on going. What is that about anyways? Is it supposed to somehow give everyone that "nostalgic" feeling?

turbotrip
05-05-2012, 02:17 PM
i think even mcdonalds destroys peters' burgers

Unknown303
05-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

Same. Wife and I went through there once years ago. I just found it like any other burger except for the fact it was SMOTHERED in some sort of relish which just made it soggy. We were both just "meh".

I've often thought about giving it another chance, but every time I'm driving by I forget about the "cash only" thing and it just irritates me. And I keep on going. What is that about anyways? Is it supposed to somehow give everyone that "nostalgic" feeling?

I've tried to go there a few times in the past and always forget the cash only crap. So thankfully I always end up at Boogie's Burgers and I'm always so glad that I went there instead, the food is worlds better.

FixedGear
05-05-2012, 02:25 PM
gah, peter's has some of the worst burgers i've ever had in my entire life! i don't get why anyone likes that craphole!

other horrible, horrible burger joints: CB Hamburger Inn and Bob's Burgers.

WhippWhapp
05-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
I'd prefer burger king over Peter's.

This, actually cooked over flames.

bulaian
05-05-2012, 03:20 PM
i like peter's onion rings.... hate A&W

Kritafo
05-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by hurrdurr

I don't get it either ;/

my gawd they are both gross. We call Peters hamburgers meatloaf burgers. Boogies, we went after the it changed owners 1999-2000 disgusting.

Pretty much anything you put on your own bbq taste 1000x's better than either.

Buchanans makes a good burger, so does Ric's grill but I think burgers are only on the lunch menu.

CompletelyNumb
05-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Does Buchanans still serve medium rare burgers?

Kritafo
05-05-2012, 11:28 PM

Yes you could last time we were there. They do their ground meat daily from my understanding

Khyron
05-05-2012, 11:35 PM
I vote for C.B. Drive Inn on Northmount. Toasted buns, great fries, angry owner.

C B Drive Inn

Northwest
789 Northmount Dr NW
Calgary, AB T2L0L6

I live in Riverbend in the SE and drive there for burgers.

FixedGear
05-06-2012, 12:12 AM
^^eww... they have the crappiest burgers i've ever had. i'm pretty sure that the No Name frozen patties are better. :barf: :barf: :barf:

npham
05-06-2012, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Khyron
I vote for C.B. Drive Inn on Northmount. Toasted buns, great fries, angry owner.

C B Drive Inn

Northwest
789 Northmount Dr NW
Calgary, AB T2L0L6

The owner is such a dick. Their food is average as well. We went there a couple of times, months apart and they don't have their shit together. Cold fries, or cold deep fried mushrooms each time. We literally could walk there, but would rather drive to Boogie's or even McDonald's.

msommers
05-06-2012, 02:15 AM

They ask you how you want it cooked.

Offroad
05-06-2012, 04:26 AM
Clickity Click >>>> Burger Quest (http://www.burgerquest.ca/)

Check out the stuffed burgers at Naina's Kitchen>> Naina's (http://www.nainaskitchen.com/)

J-hop
05-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Khyron

C B Drive Inn

Northwest
789 Northmount Dr NW
Calgary, AB T2L0L6

love the master burger haha. What's with people saying the owner is a dick/angry? is it the older fellow with the deep voice? I've never seen him mad, i remember his deep loud voice used to shock me when he would yell your order out but he sure isn't angry, maybe people are taking him wrong?

ExtraSlow
05-06-2012, 07:46 AM
I've got a soft spot in my heart for Peter's drive-in because i used to go there as a kid. However, objectively, they aren't that special. Getting the fried onions on the burger kicks it up a notch though.

Boogies is quite a bit better, and i don't know who people are hating on the buns. Although they are larger than the patties, i find the bread to be pretty good.

Visited the Alley Burger Truck last week. Decent, I'll be trying them again. I was really impressed with how fresh the fries are. some of the best fries I've had in a while.

And it's really not fair to compare Buchanans, or any "real" restaurant to a fast food place. In my mind, they might both be called hamburgers, but they are different types of food.

FixedGear
05-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by npham

The owner is such a dick. Their food is average as well. We went there a couple of times, months apart and they don't have their shit together. Cold fries, or cold deep fried mushrooms each time. We literally could walk there, but would rather drive to Boogie's or even McDonald's.

I didn't find the owner to be a dick, but the food is very, very LOW GRADE. I took my brother there once when he was visiting from out of country, hoping to impress him, but we had a pretty terrible meal. I would definitely drive to a McDonalds before eating at CB again. :barf: :barf: :barf:

Grogador
05-06-2012, 11:29 AM
I like Burger Inn (http://www.burgerinn.com/menu.html) and A&W

Graham_A_M
05-06-2012, 10:47 PM
Word, Burger Inn is the best. I always have the Wild Boar burger, frick its good. Ive never had a bad burger there, they're always a good bet.

CBs is generally okay I find, I dont eat there too often since its REALLY out of my way but their mushroom swiss is damn good.
I dont find the owner loud at all, just some Chinese guy trying to get the orders right :rofl:

powerslave
05-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Boogies has the best burgers in Calgary, agreed.
The Doggie Burger is my favourite.
So good!

CapnCrunch
05-07-2012, 12:20 PM
I won't eat anywhere that has hot dogs on their menu. :barf:

JRSC00LUDE
05-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch
I won't eat anywhere that has hot dogs on their menu. :barf:

I can't even understand what kind of logic would be behind such a position? Would you also then not eat any products like say, bacon, that were made by a company that also makes hot dogs?

:nut:

slammedfc
05-07-2012, 01:45 PM
+1 for boogies, the gf took me there when i first moved here last year! had the pizza with grilled pineapple!

ill have to check out these other joints!

peters is meh, was good the first time after that not so much.

as for hot dogs OMG tubbydogg

bbcustoms
05-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Wow I am surprised at the love for Boogies around here, obviously they are way better than Peters but overall they are quite bland, especially the meat. They used to be better back in the day but have really went downhill in the last few years.

Even with all the new burger joints popping up my favorite is still the double mozza at Angels in Bowness. Five Guys would probably run second fav for me.

SilverGS
05-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Tried Boogies today for the first time. Had a Sam's Burger with an extra pattie, yam fries with the amayonaise.

Overall a very enjoyable meal and I will definitely go back for more.

Burger was as a whole very tasty. The meat was decently seasoned but if the seasoned it a bit more I wouldn't complain. Red sauce was very yummy. Yam fries were very tasty and the amayonaise had a bit of a kick to it.

Highly recommend it.

clem24
05-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Agreed about how bland Boogie's is. It's good if you're in the area, otherwise, it's only so-so. Also, some of their burgers are $10, JUST for the burger! I think the real reason why people feel Boogies is so good is because just about everything else sucks shit, especially anything in the near vicinity.

My personal favorite at the moment is Angel's in Bowness. The mushroom burger with cheese and bacon is fucking awesome. I also like the regular cheeseburger with grilled shrooms and bacon. They also serve deep fried mushrooms which are fucking awesome but fries and onion rings are meh. Their fresh fruit banana and strawberry shake is way better than anything served at Peter's (plus you can actually drink it).

Next to that, I'd say Five Guys are way better than Boogie's as well.

rx7_turbo2
05-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by FixedGear

I didn't find the owner to be a dick, but the food is very, very LOW GRADE. I took my brother there once when he was visiting from out of country, hoping to impress him, but we had a pretty terrible meal. I would definitely drive to a McDonalds before eating at CB again. :barf: :barf: :barf:

People don't understand CB's unless you grew up around there. It's a nostalgic thing for me. Used to get bussed there for shop class in junior high. Would try and scramble a few coins together for some fries and on rare occasions had enough for a Master Burger.

The owner isn't "scary" his deep voice thing is his schtick does it to get a laugh.

Is the food great? Nope, but there are times when I crave those deep fried McCain Super Fries, and a burger.

FixedGear
05-17-2012, 06:02 PM
^^^those burgers are worse than the No Name yellow box frozen patties at Superstore (I know this because I bought a box that same summer, and threw the whole thing out :rofl: )

rx7_turbo2
05-17-2012, 07:21 PM
^^^those burgers are worse than the No Name yellow box frozen patties at Superstore (I know this because I bought a box that same summer, and threw the whole thing out :rofl: )

Yup they're "run of the mill" frozen patties no doubt. Again, won't get it unless you grew up with it. Their clientele is not the cities "burger foodies", it's the junior and senior high school students that go to class in close proximity. You get a big bag of fried frozen "Super Fries", a double burger with all the fixens, and a coke for $7. The fact they're busy EVERYDAY at lunch and have been for YEARS with local kids means they understand their business very well lol.

Maxt
05-18-2012, 07:52 PM
CB's is awesome, the older Korean guy that recites your order with the Sgt Slaughter voice is great.. He has been making me laugh for about 24 years...He knows its funny, he had my wife giggling as he went on. Total character for sure.
I like the burger there and the fries, Master burger with bacon and cheese is my all time favorite.
Another great burger is Sunny's down on Ogden road, north of the Glenmore inn.. Double mushroom burger, fries and canned pop 6.95 and the burger is exquisite..

AndyL
05-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Np love for the burger bus on highfield?

speedog
05-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Yup they're "run of the mill" frozen patties no doubt. Again, won't get it unless you grew up with it. Their clientele is not the cities "burger foodies", it's the junior and senior high school students that go to class in close proximity. You get a big bag of fried frozen "Super Fries", a double burger with all the fixens, and a coke for $7. The fact they're busy EVERYDAY at lunch and have been for YEARS with local kids means they understand their business very well lol. Spot on, they're are running a business and are obviously doing well enough as they don't feel the need to be open for the supper hour or evenings. Feeding those teenagers with something that's cost effective seems to be writing just fine.

J-hop
05-18-2012, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Maxt
CB's is awesome, the older Korean guy that recites your order with the Sgt Slaughter voice is great.. He has been making me laugh for about 24 years...He knows its funny, he had my wife giggling as he went on. Total character for sure.
I like the burger there and the fries, Master burger with bacon and cheese is my all time favorite.
Another great burger is Sunny's down on Ogden road, north of the Glenmore inn.. Double mushroom burger, fries and canned pop 6.95 and the burger is exquisite..

Hahaha, yea I was confused when a few people above posted saying he is angry/ a dick. Maybe they are afwaid of his scawey deep voice ooooooOOOOooooo :rofl:

You'd have to be really trying in order to piss that guy off haha, he is always in a good mood.

I like CBs and boogies, burgers aren't something you should take to seriously IMO, it's just a burger....

MalibuStacy
05-19-2012, 06:30 AM
I live right close to CB's and love the food and the owner, he is hilarious. Never been to Boogies yet... and Peters, well lets just say I only go if someone else offers. I don't seek out Peters for a good burger, haha.

MalibuStacy
05-19-2012, 06:31 AM
I like CBs and boogies, burgers aren't something you should take to seriously IMO, it's just a burger.... [/B]

Great way to put it

FixedGear
05-19-2012, 09:41 AM
i don't know, i'd take McDonalds over CBs anytime. :rofl:

rx7_turbo2
05-19-2012, 09:49 AM
i don't know, i'd take McDonalds over CBs anytime. :rofl:

Cool, shorter line for the rest of us!!!! Enjoy the McDicks hahahaha.

89s1
05-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Rocky's burger bus needs a mention.

Fat burger patty, but flavour through the whole thing :drool:

FixedGear
05-19-2012, 11:03 AM
has anyone been to Bob's Burgers off Glenmore? :rofl: those of you saying burger's shouldn't be taken seriously (apparently meaning that quality doesn't matter) should give that place a try. :barf: <- yes, i'm puking blood.

barmanjay
09-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Bringing up an old thread,.... But peters eat your heart out!

I too just discovered boogies burgers!!

Definitely sits in one of my top favourite places for a burger now!!

Been there 3 times in the last week!

C_Dave45
09-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by barmanjay
Bringing up an old thread,.... But peters eat your heart out!

I too just discovered boogies burgers!!

Definitely sits in one of my top favourite places for a burger now!!

Been there 3 times in the last week!
I love the whole atmosphere there! Looks like a fun place to work.

barmanjay
09-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Feel like I warped back in time

Table top arcade, retro bar stools...

Fun place for sure!

calgaryrally88
09-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Yeah definitely a thumbs up for Boogies Burgers from me here. Just a great atmosphere, friendly folks and most importantly great food. A mention should go out to Rocky's Burgers bus, having to slave away in a piping hot "bus" as it were on +30 days, and then during the cold, although I don't think they work during the winter (???). Clive Burger is good too, 5 guys also really good. Just today I had a coupon for McDonalds and had a Quarter Pounder just for old times sakes. A throwback to high school I guess, but man their menu is overpriced, for what you get... which is probably why I don't hit it up as much as I used to. Anyways, talking food trucks, the Alley burger truck is worth it. Spragg pork with garlic, aoli sauce and cheese curds, for 5.00. The poutine is a win too. Get there early right when they open as it gets way backed up and ordering can turn into a mess as people don't know what to do... go and grab a paper menu, circle the food you want, walk up and pay. Then wait... which can take awhile but it is worth it. I haven't "manned up" as they say and had a WHOLE TRUCK... but maybe one day! Cheers :drool: :)

ExtraSlow
09-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Rocky's Burger Bus and Alley burger truck are excellent, but Boogies is my regular.

[Yu]
09-20-2012, 09:40 PM
I don't know if its sacrilege or what but a burger is not "just a burger". It seems like many places just spice some ground meat and let the meat do the talking. I think a burger can be done nicely.

How do people feel about burgers that have like cilantro, italian bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, and other ingredients mixed into the patty?

Also wanting to go now to see Sgt. Slaughter

Graham_A_M
09-20-2012, 09:45 PM
I eat at the Burger Inn fairly regularly. Every time I visit my parents down in the SE.

I love that place, the Wild Boar Burger is to die for. Too bad they dont serve the Ostrich burger anymore. :(

calgaryrally88
09-20-2012, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by [Yu]
How do people feel about burgers that have like cilantro, italian bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, and other ingredients mixed into the patty?

My wife does this. It turns into a giant production and in addition to the items you have mentioned, eggs, flour, garlic, parsley, red pepper, milk, pesto, cheese, salt, peper... more i am sure as I am just going off the top of my head. You need to cook it properly otherwise it turns into a mess that falls apart and leaves you underwhelmed and most importantly with an empty stomach. But if prepared and cooked right, it is sensational. I get a little hard in the pants with the burger, a great side or two and a nice pint of local Alberta ale. You definitely need to perfect the patty and cooking method before you present this item to your friends or family.

dirtsniffer
09-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Clemmy? is that you?

ZorroAMG
09-21-2012, 02:07 PM
The original lebanese owners were the best!! Rad people and incredible food. The South African family that bought it did a great job for a while but I did notice some changes for the worse...

Still a top joint tho...haven't been there in years since I moved to Van...

msommers
09-21-2012, 02:43 PM
I walked over to Boogies recently and it's not nearly as good as I remember it being. Certainly busy enough in there though. The milkshakes at Dairy Lane kick the crap out of both Peter's and Boogies, but at least at Boogies they use fresh fruit. Still meaning to try Five Guys since I've heard good things.

Which place is CB's?

Cos
09-21-2012, 04:24 PM

ekguy
09-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Clive

/thread

barmanjay
09-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Had CB's today

Not as good as boogies.

Still looking for that perfect burger shack though

My current top 3:

Five guys
Boogies
Smash burger (actually ties boogies)

If anyone has ever been to the most northern end of Vancouver island; right where the island hwy ends is a place called "Captain Hardy's"

Best greasy hangover burger there,... Looking for a comparable in Calgary.

If you do end up in that sh*! Hole of a town,... Try the halibut burger :)

cancer man
09-23-2012, 05:19 AM
Boogies about 30 years ago was way better than now just like
The Italian sausage maker in inglewood..Too much filler.

I wish boogies would go back to the old days.
Willies was also so good.

Sugarphreak
09-23-2012, 06:30 AM

Heru-Farukon
09-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Was a big fan of boogies since the first time i had during highschool, went to the racquetball place beside it for gym class.

Havent been to peters in a long time since i had boogies
Hahah

Mibz
09-24-2012, 01:52 AM
Had Boogie's over the weekend. Not sure what the big deal is. It was a pretty average burger.

speedog
09-24-2012, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I went to &quot;Holy Grill&quot; over across from MEC downtown a few weekends ago, was just an awesome burger... I'd go as far as saying it ranks as one of the best I've ever had in Calgary. Comparing a place like Holy Grill to Peters or CB's or even Boogies is not really a fair comparison. Certainly, CB's, Peters and others like them have had no intention of competing with a place like Holy Grill when it comes to a quality burger and I wouldn't expect it of them. CB's exists because of a strong high school crowd and also for those who want a quick bite to eat while on the go - their clients certainly are not the type that are going to compare heir menu options to a sit down place. Come to think of it, places like CB's and Peters exist in pretty much every sizable prairie town like High River or Vulcan - quick food that isn't all that special. Boogies - never been there and thus can't critique them, question is are they trying to compete with the likes of Smash/ 5 Guys/ Holy Grill or not. My suspicions are not.

A burger as pictured below (from Holy Grill's web site) will never see the light of day at CB's or Peters and I strongly suspect that anyone that goes to CB's or Peters would ever expect that of them...
http://holygrill.ca/images/landingPics.jpg

Cos
09-24-2012, 07:40 AM

msommers
09-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Wurst pork knuckle :drool:

Yeah burgers are basically in two classes. Those below and above ~$8.

cr0n1c
10-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Peter's? they are not the greatest. I'd rather go to Five guys than having BBQ sauce all over though.

Quiet10
10-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Funny, my coworker said that Holy Grill was the best burger he's ever had, and so we decided to order for the group and had 2 of our guys drive over in car2gos and pick up for us. When they brought it back and we started eating, we all looked at the one coworker with the suggestion and just shook our heads.

By far one of the least impressive burgers I've ever eaten, and everyone else agreed. Smashburger is way better IMO.

Maybe it was an off day, but the Holy Grill burger was overcooked (all of ours were) and the yam chips tasted like charcoal. My mouth could only taste the burnt flavor all afternoon after that experience.

Not going there ever again... :whipped:

ducaudi
10-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by cr0n1c
Peter's? they are not the greatest. I'd rather go to Five guys than having BBQ sauce all over though.

Agreed. It's over sauced for my liking, and then without the sauce...it's dry. Can't win with Peter's IMO

Disoblige
10-03-2012, 10:16 AM
McDonalds or A&W > Peters, haha.

Haven't tried Holy Grill before, but it looks great! Doesn't look like it makes you feel like shit after.

Quiet10
10-03-2012, 10:22 AM
I felt like shit after. But it could have been an isolated incident. :barf:

ducaudi
10-03-2012, 10:55 AM
I'll take A&W over McDonald's any day. But man oh man, can't forget Harvey's Mushroom & Swiss (When they do have it) Wendy's Bacon Mushroom Melt is pretty good too, but I feel like shit after eating LOL.

clem24
10-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Best burger is Five Guys. Hands down.

The Baconator is pretty decent too. It's like eating a brick made of grease and meat ahahaha. :drool:

winson2001
10-13-2012, 01:47 PM
I followed burger quest ten 10 list.... in my personal opinion, naina's kitchen would prolly have to best burger in town... tho i havent tried holy grill... but to me it sure beats alley burge and the current (last i chkd) #1 burger on burger quest clive burger, clive burger is super juicy n prolly the juisiest burger ive had all my life... but their bun is dry n crumbbly... too bad...

FYI if anyone is going to try naina's kitchen, u can skip their poutine... itstaste exactly like burger kings... which is really gross..

sputnik
10-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by winson2001
FYI if anyone is going to try naina's kitchen, u can skip their poutine... itstaste exactly like burger kings... which is really gross..

Traditional poutine actually uses a tomato based gravy and is orange similar to that of Burger King.

Only out west is the beef/chicken gravy popular.

FixedGear
10-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Traditional poutine actually uses a tomato based gravy and is orange similar to that of Burger King.

Only out west is the beef/chicken gravy popular.

What? I've been to Quebec a million times and all I've ever seen us the brown gravy. Do you have a photo if this, I want to see what this looks like!

Cos
10-13-2012, 07:36 PM

dj_rice
10-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Cos
From La Banquise in Montreal arguably the home of Poutine.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z455/thecosworth/412800_324345677644155_2120332251_o.jpg

What kind of poutine is on the right side?