PDA

View Full Version : Best way to sell car for parts?

teleute
05-04-2012, 07:22 PM
My stolen car recovery story didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped - everything looked fine from the outside, but in addition to smashing up the ignition they apparently blew the fuel pump and various other things...mechanic said they seemed to have just revved it til it died. *SIGH*

I hate for things to be wasted, and I'm sure there's still a lot of usable parts here - the tires were damn near brand new, for starters. I'd also like to recoup at least some of what I paid to get the damn thing off the impound lot. It's a 98 Tercel, so not worth much obviously, but there's still tonnes of them on the road (and none at PNP, at least as of a few days ago!) so I figure it could be useful.

I've listed it on Kijiji - any other advice as to how I should go about selling it for parts? My mechanic has awesomely offered to host it for a bit, but I don't want to saddle him with it for too long...

Thanks!

Graham_A_M
05-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Make sure you advertise it in the NE too, cars like a '98 Tercel are pretty common in that area and you should have buyers for every last nut & bolt; from people looking for a bargain. For everything you cant unload, perhaps Navajo metals will take the rest; as I dont think Pick & Pull take partial cars.

teleute
05-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Make sure you advertise it in the NE too, cars like a '98 Tercel are pretty common in that area and you should have buyers for every last nut & bolt; from people looking for a bargain. For everything you cant unload, perhaps Navajo metals will take the rest; as I dont think Pick & Pull take partial cars.

Thanks! I wasn't aware of Navajo - I'll check into it as well.

As for advertising in the NE - just flyers on poles and stuff, do you mean?

Graham_A_M
05-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Community based newsletters. Each neighboorhood has its own little paper, such as the "Queensland - Crier" or the "Parkland - herald" Id avertise in those as its almost free, and itll appeal to those that would be interested in parts or wheels for your car.

teleute
05-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Oh awesome - thanks!

Gotten a couple of nibble on Kijiji, but if those don't pan out I'll definitely investigate.