PDA

View Full Version : anyone see that accident on shaganappi?

2000impreza
09-16-2002, 10:38 PM
intersection that goes to edgemont blvd on shaganappi..... a ford dually truck ran into a street lamp. it looked like the street lamp was going to fall over or something. it was pretty earily in the morning.

SmelltheRubber
09-16-2002, 10:57 PM
I just saw a different accident on John Laurie an hour ago. I was stopped at a redlight on John Laurie between hawkwood and ranch lands, when a corolla stops while making a right turn. There was a Jeep right behind it and I guess he didnt stop in time. THUD, it was a pretty low speed accident, but I was surprised at how much damage there was- the corolla's whole rear bumper and trunk were pretty badly damaged (probably will need a whole new trunk, bumper, rear fenders), and i couldnt see the damage to the jeep from the angle I was at.

Oh and one of those little transit bus was passing by, and the driver decided to stop the bus right on john Laurie (blocking a lane) and got out with a pen and ran over probably to sign as a witness or something.
Anyways, the point of the story is: watch where you drive.

Ben
09-16-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
intersection that goes to edgemont blvd on shaganappi..... a ford dually truck ran into a street lamp. it looked like the street lamp was going to fall over or something. it was pretty earily in the morning.

Ford Dualie - .5
Light Standard - .5

Its a tie game folks, whos gonna score the tie breaker.

Hope no injuries, damn, thats no good.

eludeu
09-16-2002, 11:10 PM
I saw it! Man good thing whoever was driving the f350 was in an f350 or it could have been a different story for them. The light post was on a crazy lean as well, looked wierd.

mwmhong
09-17-2002, 07:54 AM

Yeah I saw that on the way down the hill ,they had the cranes there fixing the lightpole, and all these flashing lights going.

Leaving the Dalhousie Canadian Tire, I saw the two tow trucks with the black truck (the bed was all twisted to hell) and the caravan (passenger side bashed in) followed by two white pickups going southbound Shagannapi. Brutal looking impact.

Daddymax
09-17-2002, 11:03 AM
My girlfriend knew a passenger in the truck....

She was in the hospital last night with a some liver damage.

Hope she's ok. She's known her since they were little.

2000impreza
09-17-2002, 11:23 AM
i hope everyone involved makes it ok.

comming home from school yesterday i did not see the light pole anymore. i think they must have removed it....... the light pole looked like it was going to fall over and take out some cars in the process.

GTS Jeff
09-17-2002, 04:43 PM
was the truck going northbound up shaganappi and turning into edgemont blvd?

trendkill
09-17-2002, 05:03 PM
DAMB, i just talked to my mom on the phone. turns out i kinda know the driver of the f350. he just got married to a family friends doughter we know. THAT IS WEIRD. i cant belive it, he is doing ok. he is just shaken up a bit, the person in the van is banged up preety bad though... hope it all works out for them all..