PDA

View Full Version : where to buy these tiles

canadian_hustla
05-06-2012, 10:38 AM
I saw this setup at the home show, and I absolutely love the tiles that they used for the backsplash. Does anyone know where I can buy these? I have already tried a couple places with no luck

Thanks!

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/420/tile1g.jpg

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/466/tile2v.jpg

BensonTT
05-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Clearance section at Home depot :barf:

Graham_A_M
05-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Ames tile & Stone.

We got our backsplash through them, and they had quite a few styles very similar to that. I think they may even had that exact one. We ended up with a sample of that, but gave it back. I forget what it was called though.

canadian_hustla
05-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Ames tile & Stone.

We got our backsplash through them, and they had quite a few styles very similar to that. I think they may even had that exact one. We ended up with a sample of that, but gave it back. I forget what it was called though.

Thanks Graham. I will have to check them out. Do you think that those tiles look lame? It is either that or a smaller travertine subway tile.

Graham_A_M
05-07-2012, 08:51 PM
^ Not really, It would be a lot more helpful to post pics of your kitchen to have a better perspective of how it would look potentially. I think they'd work with some kitchens & counter tops, others not so much but thats how it is with most choices in terms of reno's. We looked (seriously) at one very close to it, but went with kind of a ivory one instead. Like I say it can work very well with certain kitchens.

Post some pics so we can all give your our insight.

C_Dave45
05-07-2012, 09:13 PM
The only thing with them is they are very dated. Within a few years they will be out of fashion.
Go to the wholesalers showrooms.

Ames
Tierra Sol
Julian Tile
Euro Tile

They will sell retail if you want. And some are open on Saturdays.

78si
05-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Check out the Tile Shop and Alpha Tile. :thumbsup:

Graham_A_M
05-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
The only thing with them is they are very dated. Within a few years they will be out of fashion.

Yeah thats kind of the thing. They are so "unique" that they wont stand the test of time. I think in 10 or so years; unless they work brilliantly with your kitchen then they'll show much like shag carpets/avocado appliances will today. I'd take a look at other backsplashes that have similar patterns, but different colors.
The pattern is nice, but the colors are a showing their age.

tch7
05-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Very true.

One other place not yet mentioned that I've had good luck finding some nice tiles at good prices is CDL Carpet & Floor Center.

B20EF
05-08-2012, 08:29 AM
I really like Stone Source International beside the Blackfoot Inn Hotel. They always have what I'm looking for. I've got some great deals on small amounts of leftover tile just for my backsplash.

JRSC00LUDE
05-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Go to the wholesalers showrooms.

Tierra Sol

Euro Tile

They will sell retail if you want. And some are open on Saturdays.

Tierra Sol has such nice inventory, we've been a cash account for years but finally got the sales rep to put us on their list. Great products!

Euro has some beautiful glass mosaics as well, much more modern stuff as Dave said.

C_Dave45
05-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Tierra Sol has such nice inventory, we've been a cash account for years but finally got the sales rep to put us on their list. Great products!

Have you ever dealt with Janelle? That's my daughter-in-law.

JRSC00LUDE
05-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Have you ever dealt with Janelle? That's my daughter-in-law.

No, in the past I have dealt with Annette. Now it's......I can't remember haha....he's only been here twice but, their regional rep. He's setting us up with sample boards for our own projects now. A lot of our work is spec. but we also do full design builds, drawings to handover, and that's where we can utilitze outfits like Tierra Sol. We do very little with them but I'd like to do more and it will be easier now.

But now if I ever get in a jam I'll call her and say "Hey, can you help me out? I know your father in law on the internet!" haha ;)

C_Dave45
05-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

No, in the past I have dealt with Annette. Now it's......I can't remember haha....he's only been here twice but, their regional rep. He's setting us up with sample boards for our own projects now. A lot of our work is spec. but we also do full design builds, drawings to handover, and that's where we can utilitze outfits like Tierra Sol. We do very little with them but I'd like to do more and it will be easier now.

But now if I ever get in a jam I'll call her and say "Hey, can you help me out? I know your father in law on the internet!" haha ;)
Ah Annette. Yeah she's my sales rep too now. She really knows her stuff. Been in the biz as long as me. 2nd generation in fact. Janelle is inside sales. It might be Paul you're dealing with. Good company for sure. I like dealing with them.

InRich
05-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by BensonTT
Clearance section at Home depot :barf:

Bahaha!

If your serial about getting those, dave already mentioned where u can get them or something very similar.