PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new graduate drafting position

Super_Geo
05-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Does anyone know of an EPCM with a good drafting department that is still looking to hire a new grad drafter?

A very close family member of mine just finished the drafting program at SAIT, she had a great final semester (3.72 GPA), is out going, and would make a great addition as a new grad drafter.

If anyone knows of shops that are still hiring, I'd would really appreciate a heads-up, and would definitely owe you one!

Help a brotha out, Beyond! :bigpimp:

Edit: should've specified, she was in piping.

Thanks for the PM's guys, felling the Beyond love :love:

littledan
05-07-2012, 05:01 PM
PICS! :poosie:

Kona9
05-07-2012, 06:16 PM
PM sent

FraserB
05-07-2012, 06:48 PM
PM'd

ExtraSlow
05-07-2012, 07:19 PM
A buddy of mine is at AMEC. according to him, they are staffing up for a couple big oilsands projects. I just checked the website, and have several junior position open, and over sixty in total in Calgary alone.
Can also check Worley, Colt, Gemini, stantec, flour and the rest of them.

tch7
05-07-2012, 07:51 PM
PM sent. Also made a post about a month back with some further details.

Super_Geo
05-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Forgot to mention in the OP, she just finished piping at SAIT.

Thanks for the PM's and replies guys! Greatly appreciated!

Also, I used to work as a project engineer at an EPCM for 4.5 years. I still have a bunch of friends who are scattered across numerous EPCM and producers, would love to return the favor down the road if you guys are looking to jump!

turbotrip
05-07-2012, 10:31 PM
^just curious but why have you not asked these friends to help find her a job?

also is she familiar with PDMS? if so hit me with the resume

Super_Geo
05-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip
^just curious but why have you not asked these friends to help find her a job?

also is she familiar with PDMS? if so hit me with the resume

I don't know what PDMS is, but I'll ask her.

I waited too long to ask at the EPCM I was at, I didn't call them until today and they had hired all of their new grads and summer students.

Most of my contacts are engineers with 5-10 years of experience, not sure how much sway they would have for a new grad drafting position. I started calling them up today as well so they're going to look into it, but I think getting someone in the drafting dept to throw a resume in might carry more weight than an someone in engineering... haha from what I have seen, there are companies where the engineering and drafting departments don't necessarily have the most loving relationships ;)

reborn_euro
05-09-2012, 09:51 AM
PDMS is one of the many mainstream "smartplant design" programs, not as popular with the large companies as smartplant itself or others... but some companies do use it, we had to send our drafters for training in it as an example for our current work with HUSKY since its all they use. The engineering firm i am with is looking for a few more piping modeler's/drafters and this company is farily good at taking on Juniors/sending them for client specific training.

I PM'ed you some job posting we have, ask your friend there if there is anything she feels her education would make her comfortable starting in, pm me back and ill talk to my buddies over in piping.

I like helping out juniors, they seem to actually enjoy coming to work....

Cos
05-09-2012, 09:55 AM

turbotrip
05-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by reborn_euro
PDMS is one of the many mainstream "smartplant design" programs, not as popular with the large companies as smartplant itself or others... but some companies do use it, we had to send our drafters for training in it as an example for our current work with HUSKY since its all they use.

ahh that would explain why I was told to ask about experience with either PDMS or PDS. Half the positions available are for the Husky project