PDA

View Full Version : Landscaping company

max_boost
05-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Now this is a fairly small job. I live on a 25X120 lot so I have a patch of grass in the front and some in the back. Is there a company out there that doesn't charge some crazy amount to come by and cut the grass, plant some flowers in the front and water the flowers/lawn? :rofl: You know just to give it some more curb appeal.

Thanks. If I had a gf then it would be all taken care of but sadly I don't. :(

Yep I am that lazy.

roopi
05-07-2012, 07:26 PM
I could definitely use the lawn maintenance service as well.

Sorry to post in your thread but maybe if enough people are interested someone will start themselves a company without having to look for clients.

Kloubek
05-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Guy's Hill Landscaping?

tnuc
05-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Guy's Hill Landscaping?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

max_boost
05-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Ok now that is out of the way haha let me know any recommendations lol

Graham_A_M
05-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Most companies give free quotes, so I'd go that route. I'd post an an ad in a neighborhood specific paper or Kijiji asking for students (junior high or high school kids) or the like to do this for you for a monthly contract. It would be good to give younger kids a job, and it wouldn't cost you much at all. A set contract for $XX/month regardless of how much or little it grows

Just pay them at the end of every month.
:dunno:
If you supply the mower and line trimmer, really it shouldn't be much.

Actual landscaping companies will be much higher as in their costs they'll have to pay for their gas, their equipment, their time to get to you and so on. If you can find it for less then $80/month I'd be surprised.

For companies to avoid:
Peter Huges
Decade 90
Explosive landscaping.
(there are many more but Im forgetting them)

Their all awful, with poorly trained morons for crews.

ddduke
05-07-2012, 10:36 PM
I wish the hiring a local kid to do it idea would work but I doubt it. I used to pay the local kids to do my walk and every single time they did it I had to redo it because they did such a bad job.

Worst part it that I didn't want them doing it, but I wanted to put some money in their pockets for actually working.

HomespunLobster
05-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Why don't you just go out and do it yourself?

With the nice weather we are having, spend a saturday/sunday, in the sun getting a nice tan, and trying to get a green thumb.

It's not really that hard of work.

But I agree, go with a smaller company if you do. They are everywhere and offer free quotes.

max_boost
05-08-2012, 11:14 AM
I guess I just can't be bothered with it :nut:

:facepalm: