PDA

View Full Version : Sysprep Deletetd my Administrator Account (please help)

thetransporter
05-08-2012, 05:11 PM
So im getting support from ASUS as they sent me a new motherboard that happened to be a different model.

They told me I need to run sysprep tool, no problem, before I put the hard drive into the new motherboard. (so i dont get blue screens upon boot)

I did so, however my Administrator profile has been deleted. The existing profiles are still there. I am running windows 7, i been albe to recover files with Recuva but thats very slow as it doesnt preserve directory structure, i purchased Rstudio and cant get it work.

Does anyone please have any suggestions?

Forgot to add windows 7 64bit Ultimate

adam c
05-08-2012, 05:23 PM
windows 7/XP?

thetransporter
05-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Sorry forgot to add Windows 7

adam c
05-08-2012, 05:36 PM
is it the actual administrator account or an account that has administrator rights?

if it's the actual administrator account open a command prompt with as administrator and put in

net user administrator /active:yes

and

nser user administrator xxx
where xxx is a password

thetransporter
05-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by adam c
is it the actual administrator account or an account that has administrator rights?

if it's the actual administrator account open a command prompt with as administrator and put in

net user administrator /active:yes

and

nser user administrator xxx
where xxx is a password

thats exactly what i did however like i was saying the administrator folder was removed by the sysprep tool from C:\users\administrator and replaced with a fresh one. So downloaded and purchased different file recovery softwares they all seem not so good .

My question is how can I recover the files and preserve the directory structions or which is the best file recovery people knwo of?

thank you for your input

adam c
05-08-2012, 05:54 PM
ah i see

most free software won't preserve folder structures, the program i have had the best luck free wise is this
http://www.glarysoft.com/products/utilities/glary-undelete/

thetransporter
05-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by adam c
ah i see

most free software won't preserve folder structures, the program i have had the best luck free wise is this
http://www.glarysoft.com/products/utilities/glary-undelete/

thanks adam, I even paid for r-studio it sucked. but i will pay for a good one if suggested.

thetransporter
05-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by thetransporter

thanks adam, I even paid for r-studio it sucked. but i will pay for a good one if suggested.

update , all purchased software sucked , mainly r-studio (thread errors) Recuva so far is the best (has restore structure option) that i just found out that option.