PDA

View Full Version : Body shop

redline_13000
09-16-2002, 10:51 PM
anyone know of a good body shop to get a lift gate repaired? anyone know how much this will cost approx? thanks

HRD2PLZ
09-16-2002, 11:08 PM
I use A-1 Autobody for all my bodywork repairs. Your best bet is to call around (or even go to) a few shops and get some estimates.

Ferio_vti
09-17-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
I use A-1 Autobody for all my bodywork repairs. Your best bet is to call around (or even go to) a few shops and get some estimates.

They have that fleet of pearl white Hondas for loaners.

ninspeed
09-17-2002, 06:24 PM
I hav used a-1 3 times.. first one seemed great, 2nd was ok.. 3rd time when i had to claim some warrenty work from the 1st time i got fucked over 350$, i am still missing a body panel (underneath where you cant see) i am getting even more bondo cracking, paint dont match, there is a shit load of stuff wrong.. i have alomst a 2page list of shit that they fucked up.. If its a gm tailgate, just drop it off at jack carter. Talk to Gordon Mckeen and tell him rob from downstairs told you to come see him...

HRD2PLZ
09-17-2002, 06:26 PM
When my dads old Suburban got hit we got it fixed at jack Carter. The paint was peeling off (where they fixed it) after 2 years.

HRD2PLZ
09-17-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

They have that fleet of pearl white Hondas for loaners.
Sometimes they give Hyundai's to the kids. I got a brand new Accent once. The second and third time I got white Accords and the last time I was there I was getting my EL fixed. By then they knew me so well I got a green EL almost like mine :D

crxcel
09-17-2002, 09:41 PM
I work at a body shop and shit happens, everyone has had a good experience or a bad experience somewhere, obviously there are some shady shops but most of the bigger ones will stand behind their work

rusich
03-27-2007, 12:37 AM
I wonder what happens when a customer is not satisfied with a 3x bigger gap between panes than what is should be and a rookie paint job? Repairs are done through insurance and the body shop can not seem to do better on their 2nd attempt.:banghead: