PDA

View Full Version : WTC jumpers

Mr.EnzoFerrari
02-03-2004, 10:54 PM
For the WTC Jumpers

"WHEN THE DEVIL HAD FINISHED ALL THE TEMPTING HE LEFT HIM, TO AWAIT ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY"
-Luke 5:13

He came back,
This time for me.
On the 110th floor I was so close to God
I could almost grab his beard.
Never before has heaven been this close to hell.
I can feel its fire on the floors below
Raising ash and paper and smoke
Thick as Satan¡¯s laughter.
At the window, shattered,
I look for salvation and he tempts me,
Dares me to jump,
Whispering a psalm in my ear
He spits as he speaks:
¡°He will bid his angels watch over you.
With their hands they will support you.¡±
I mumble ¡°Amen,¡±
Close my eyes and sense the rush of air.
I cannot breathe until I finally feel
Those hands of angels
Hard as cement against my face.

by Doug Seubert

http://www.twin-towers.net/jumpers.htm

hjr
02-03-2004, 11:01 PM
ewww. this is in bad taste

Idratherbsidewayz
02-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Thats fucking brutal... :barf:

EK 2.0
02-03-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by hjr
ewww. this is in bad taste

My thoughts exactly...:thumbsdow

itsnotaDUB
02-04-2004, 04:38 AM
its really amazing how an event such as 9/11. can change the world forever. not only in the hearts of ones who have lost but even me, not knowing anyone who parished. i still feel so much hurt and sorrow for those that lost their lives, for what?, nothing....

Redlyne_mr2
02-04-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by itsnotaDUB
its really amazing how an event such as 9/11. can change the world forever. not only in the hearts of ones who have lost but even me, not knowing anyone who parished. i still feel so much hurt and sorrow for those that lost their lives, for what?, nothing....
Welcome to the everyday life of an Iraqi

kevie88
02-04-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Welcome to the everyday life of an Iraqi

:werd: For the last 12 years!! :eek: Imagine 12 years of constant September 11ths...

mo_virgin
02-04-2004, 10:05 AM
Oh man... did you see the "Hoax" photo of the guys who hit the ground?

rage2
02-04-2004, 10:36 AM
I dunno how that's really bad taste. I mean we see ppl getting killed all the time in the middle east in wars, that's OK. Something happens on our/US soil, it's bad taste. Talk about hipocracy.

BTW - these images were broadcast live on BBC on Sept. 11th, as well as all other non US news channels. CNN didn't show anything other than the burning buildings and the collapsing buildings, yet they show really graphic stuff from the middle east.

DJ Lazy
02-04-2004, 10:37 AM
Would you jump??

Its amazing to see pics of people jumping out of a 110 story building... :(

redec
02-04-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by rage2
I dunno how that's really bad taste. I mean we see ppl getting killed all the time in the middle east in wars, that's OK. Something happens on our/US soil, it's bad taste. Talk about hipocracy.

:werd: couldn't have said it better myself...

Weapon_R
02-04-2004, 12:17 PM

BTW - these images were broadcast live on BBC on Sept. 11th, as well as all other non US news channels. CNN didn't show anything other than the burning buildings and the collapsing buildings, yet they show really graphic stuff from the middle east.

It's an incredible hypocracy. People in the middle east have been subjected to U.S. sponsored wars since 1948, and still die today because of that brutal country's foreign policies. Images of U.S. POWs were broadcast by Al Jazeera and condemned for being against the Geneva Convention, and yet CNN was never condemned for showing the gruesome pictures of Saddam or his two sons, who were both considered to be POWs

QuasarCav
02-04-2004, 12:22 PM
I agree with Weapon and Rage, what we see on our CNN's, and any other american news is all filtered to give us a bias choice on what we should think.

Just look at that post with the chopper pilots shooting soldiers with a 20mm cannon. That was just sick, If that ever happened to an american soldier it would be front page and Bush would start a new campaign to "Send a message"

rice_eater
02-04-2004, 12:40 PM

whatever man...they deserved it

redec
02-04-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater

I wouldn't go that far...the people who died definatly didn't deserve it....For the most part you can't really blame the american public, as they are totally sheltered from the truth and force fed what the gov't/media want them to see/believe. The US gov't/media are the bad guys here...not the public.

mo_virgin
02-04-2004, 02:18 PM

FCuk that man... nobody deserves that man... who are we to decide which innoncence deserves to live or not? whether it be iraqi or american

QuasarCav
02-04-2004, 02:24 PM
Someone should fly a plane into CNN, They deserve it.

But then come to think of it how would we find out without someone jamming down our throats 24/7?

itsnotaDUB
02-04-2004, 04:03 PM

that had to be the stupidist and least thought out post beyond has ever seen. how can you justify the death of thousands of innocent people in retaliation from the what they had nothing to do with.. it works both ways, im not saying bush is a great guy. but i really hope you dont belive that those people deserved to die.

three.eighteen.
02-04-2004, 04:25 PM
man, i'd like to kick dubya in the junk...but you'd probably 'disappear' shortly after

Redlyne_mr2
02-04-2004, 04:30 PM
Wether it be american or iraqi civilians innocent people do not deserve to die. Our world would be a better place though if someone offed Bush

itsalebaron
02-04-2004, 04:44 PM

LOL this is the second time you've posted this exact comment... I would honestly like to hear why you think any innocent people deserve to die?

nevermid your comment in this thread explains A LOT!

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34498

I don't get it...what's so bad about it? As long as they love eachother :dunno:

Toms-Celica
02-04-2004, 05:13 PM

ban

hjr
02-04-2004, 05:40 PM

BTW - these images were broadcast live on BBC on Sept. 11th, as well as all other non US news channels. CNN didn't show anything other than the burning buildings and the collapsing buildings, yet they show really graphic stuff from the middle east. i dont think the Iraq war is any better taste. CNN and alike over sensationalize it and show some rediculus stuff thats in terrible taste. I was merely commenting on this perticular peice of media. I think its terrible taste.

Anyways, im trying to say i'm truly not hipocritical. Unless of course you meant American media being hipocrits...

Alexs
02-04-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by redec

I wouldn't go that far...the people who died definatly didn't deserve it....For the most part you can't really blame the american public, as they are totally sheltered from the truth and force fed what the gov't/media want them to see/believe. The US gov't/media are the bad guys here...not the public.

Mind you we are talking roughtly 70% of Americal population that supporded the War in Iraq. More than 50% voted for J.W. Bush. So when you talk about American government with it's policies you talk about 70 % of Americans supporting it. Do your math about how many people supported their country's policies ?

redec
02-05-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Alexs

Mind you we are talking roughtly 70% of Americal population that supporded the War in Iraq. More than 50% voted for J.W. Bush. So when you talk about American government with it's policies you talk about 70 % of Americans supporting it. Do your math about how many people supported their country's policies ?

yes...the public supports the foriegn policies because of the media....they can make the public support whatever they want....they've gotten so good at it now they don't even have to provide a reason, they just have to convince the public that they're in greater danger if they don't support it....works like a charm.

Redlyne_mr2
02-05-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by redec

yes...the public supports the foriegn policies because of the media....they can make the public support whatever they want....they've gotten so good at it now they don't even have to provide a reason, they just have to convince the public that they're in greater danger if they don't support it....works like a charm.
:werd: Just watch cnn for an hour its a joke, everything is sooo dramatic and anywone who isnt american is evil...those poor americans have no idea wtf is going on

rice_eater
02-05-2004, 04:02 AM

that had to be the stupidist and least thought out post beyond has ever seen. how can you justify the death of thousands of innocent people in retaliation from the what they had nothing to do with.. it works both ways, im not saying bush is a great guy. but i really hope you dont belive that those people deserved to die.

the country deserved it not the people...get your heads out of your asses and realize that the couple thousand people that died that day are nothing compared to the hundreds of thousands of people that died because of US actions all over the world...seeing these pictures is disturbs me just as much as any of you and i would never want that to happen to anyone. Hopefully it was a good wakeup call that will get people to realize that the states isn't god and should stop acting like they are...

rice_eater
02-05-2004, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by itsalebaron
nevermid your comment in this thread explains A LOT!
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34498

how can i have an inteligent conversation with you when you can't even pick up on some obvious sarcasm...

itsnotaDUB
02-05-2004, 06:24 AM

the country deserved it not the people...get your heads out of your asses and realize that the couple thousand people that died that day are nothing compared to the hundreds of thousands of people that died because of US actions all over the world...seeing these pictures is disturbs me just as much as any of you and i would never want that to happen to anyone. Hopefully it was a good wakeup call that will get people to realize that the states isn't god and should stop acting like they are...

the country or past presidents?, for one my head isnt in my ass....
how can you say that a couple thousand dead people are nothing.. do you know a couple thousand people yourself?, and say they were all to die when you wake up one morning... then let me hear you say that a couple thousand people are nothing.. i think you need to think before you speak...

yankeefan
02-05-2004, 06:44 AM

How long has the U.S.A been around?

When did they adopt their current foreign relations policy?

For how long has their been war in the middleast?

Is wars over religon a new thing?

Is it the US's fault theres fighting in the middleeast?

Would said fighting stop if the US government stopped getting involved in other countries affairs?

And If russia invaded canada, but said 'we are only takeing over canada we wont be attacking the US.' you'd be a proponent of the US not getting involved right? I mean think about it, its not any of the U.S's buisness right. The US should mind their own buisness correct?

I dont know what the best stance to take in foreign affairs, and Im not saying the US handles every situation properly. Because obviously thats not the case, theres plenty of situations we should have gotten involved. And theres plenty of situations where they should have minded our own buisness.

redec
02-05-2004, 10:28 AM

the country or past presidents?, for one my head isnt in my ass....
how can you say that a couple thousand dead people are nothing.. do you know a couple thousand people yourself?, and say they were all to die when you wake up one morning... then let me hear you say that a couple thousand people are nothing.. i think you need to think before you speak...

he didn't say a couple thousand dead people are nothing.....he said a couple thousand are nothing compared to the hundreds of thousands of innocents the US kills/killed in the name of peace/democracy/freedom.

syeve
02-05-2004, 10:48 AM

your a fucking retard

itsalebaron
02-05-2004, 01:06 PM

how can i have an inteligent conversation with you when you can't even pick up on some obvious sarcasm...

First of all thats :bullshit:

Second of all I didn't expect an intelligent conversation from you.

Thirdly, you always make this comment "They deserved it." and then when everyone asks why? you, come up with new bullshit. In the last thread you said it was because they voted for Bush... LOL good argument Now the country deserves it? You support the USA everyday of your life.. do you deserve it? Point is when theres a thread specifically about these innocent poeple dying you are a moron to post that comment once. And you just show how ignorant you are when you go and post the exact same thing again.

rage2
02-05-2004, 01:55 PM
moved to politics for obvious reasons :).

redec
02-05-2004, 02:08 PM
relax guys.....everyone has thier own opinion....if rice_eater thinks they deserved it, then it's his right to think that...try to respect each other and keep the name-calling to a minimum, kplsthx

redec
02-05-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by syeve

your a fucking retard

you may want to familiarize yourself with rules #1 and #2 here (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1&s=)

B17a
02-05-2004, 02:19 PM

Wow heartless, do you club seals and kick puppies in your spare time too?

403Gemini
02-05-2004, 03:04 PM
nobody has the right to take anybodies life. thats my opinion. sadam killing his people is wrong. US killing people is wrong, the bum on the street who stabbed some lady for her purse is wrong.

Murder shouldnt happen. Man world peace would be nice.

koopkoop2
02-06-2004, 12:23 AM

Wow.

I can't even comprehend why anyone would post something so thoughtless.

So if your Mom and Dad were in the towers, you would say "whatever man...they deserved it"?

403Gemini
02-06-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by koopkoop2

Wow.

I can't even comprehend why anyone would post something so thoughtless.

So if your Mom and Dad were in the towers, you would say "whatever man...they deserved it"?

or even on one of the airplanes :dunno:

accordboi_02
02-06-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

or even on one of the airplanes :dunno:

Maybe just 1 plane??
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31867

I don't know why these threads always start up - the only thing I ever gather from these threads is that the US haters are proving to be just as ignorant and prejudiced as those Americans that they hate so much.

-250-
02-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Umm my aunt was in one of those planes (2nd to hit)

And I dont think Osam should burn in hell, i am very very upset that she was, but at the same time, i feel that it was not an un just atack.

RIP aunty.

angierideswitme
02-07-2004, 01:51 AM
you feel the attack is justifyable?

what the hell?
:dunno:

rogue
02-07-2004, 02:28 AM
that guy is obviously bullshitting if anyone that had a relative die in those attacks they would most certainly not call that a justified attack or they have mental problems. No attack is justified. War in Iraq NOT justified (imo good to get rid or Saddam) sept 11 NOT justified, attacking Kuwait NOT justified, and the list goes on. and the americans changed their foriegn policy i believe after WW2 (they didnt want to get involved and because they sat it out it escalated and the cost was much greater than if they jumped in and nipped it in the bud) which is what they are trying to do in most of these situations i should think. Either way (rice eater) NOBODY deserves a violent death like these and i know you were comparing but in death there is NO comparisons it is just sad and a waste of gods intentions.

-250-
02-07-2004, 03:05 AM
Why would some one ME lie about there own family dying in any situation????

What the hell is wrong with you.

I never said that i wasnt angry she died by any strech of teh imagination, in the grand scheme of things i do not hold osama bin laden responsible, nor to an extent G. W. B all i am saying is that there are a ton of trjegdies way bigger teh 9/11 but tehy go unsaid becasue it doesnt touch "our" world.

But it is important to look at the events leading up to the attack that showed why those thousands had died.

My aunt was and always will be one of the most important people in my life.

itsnotaDUB
02-07-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by -250-
all i am saying is that there are a ton of trjegdies way bigger teh 9/11 but tehy go unsaid becasue it doesnt touch "our" world.

well when i think of the past 100 years not too many times come to mind that were "way bigger" than 9/11.. true there are some but at that time in life i thnk they were heard and seen around the world...

rogue
02-07-2004, 11:40 AM
alright then tell me how the attack was justified in your eyes? You said it was no an "un just attack" so lets hear it.

rice_eater
02-08-2004, 04:30 PM
if you fuck with people's countries and lives, don't you expect that eventually someone wont take it anymore and will stand up for what they believe?You would do the same if the tables were turned. That was 9/11... if 3000 people is so tragic, what does that make the hundreds of thousands of people that died in other places in the word? I'll refrase for you...the act isn't what they deserved, it was the wake up call that came with it that the US needed. But what did they do instead? Go fuck up more countries :dunno:

itsalebaron
02-08-2004, 07:26 PM
if you fuck with people's countries and lives, don't you expect that eventually someone wont take it anymore and will stand up for what they believe?You would do the same if the tables were turned. That was 9/11... if 3000 people is so tragic, what does that make the hundreds of thousands of people that died in other places in the word? I'll refrase for you...the act isn't what they deserved, it was the wake up call that came with it that the US needed. But what did they do instead? Go fuck up more countries :dunno:

By your logic you are justifying the US government hitting back. "The people who brought the attacks on 9/11 fucked with the US (A COUNTRY), and lives (THE 3000 PEOPLE, who died) so now they are hitting back". HMMM so I guess all these people that are dying now because of the repercussions of this act also deserve it?

Come on thats bullshit you can try and justify innocent poeple dying to teach the USA a lesson, but noone deserves that. You are no better then the 9/11 attackers or the US government with that attitude.

I would still love to hear an answer to a question I asked you in another thread, when you justified people dying because they supported bush, what do YOU do NOT to support the US?, because from what I have seen in your other posts, you seem to love American cars, music, movies, all of which fund this evil empire who deserves death.

yankeefan
02-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Theres plenty of people around the world that are thankful for the United States getting involved in situations. Theres always 2 sides too every story remember.

And you need look no further then 60 years ago to figure out how the US was going to react to getting attacked. The day 9/11 happened I remember thinking 'ohh no, someone is gunna pay for this'. I just hoped they went after the right people.

Now you can argue the role of NATO over the years, and say they shouldnt get involved in peacekeeping and crisis management in countries outside of the organization. But with the amount of aid the US and other countries in NATO pay out, you know they are gunna get involved if something happens. Not saying its right or wrong. I dont claim too know what the best way to handle foreign relations is. But I know, never getting involved in other countries affairs would be bad news. Even though I'd pay alot less in taxes.

mo_virgin
02-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by yankeefan
Theres plenty of people around the world that are thankful for the United States getting involved in situations. Theres always 2 sides too every story remember.

Dude thats BS... 2 things...
These people only appreciate US intervention for a short time, not to mention they would be thankful for anybody to step in... NOT just the US. For every man woman or child that would support this kind of intervention there is a whole Village that opposes. Just look at the Backlash the US is already suffering from the Islamic countries.

Second of all, who is to say that the US is the country to make these interventions... this is the job of the international communities... the UN for example.

I am not Anti-USA though... from a purely American point of view... all they are doing is forwarding their own intrest and protecting the "American" way of life

yankeefan
02-09-2004, 03:57 AM
If you read on in my post, I said pretty much the same thing you did. I dont know what the best stance to take in foreign policy is. I dont know if theres a posistion to take to stop the fighting in the Middle East. They have been fighting for many years.

You get involved in yugoslavia and shouldnt have, you dont get involved in somalia and you should have. Theres many examples I can name of lose/lose situations. Like I said its ok by me for the US to sit back and take a role of inaction in the world, I hate haveing to see my friends leave for deployment to all areas of the world. Mayby the world would be a better place, who knows.

Redlyne_mr2
02-09-2004, 10:44 AM
Im sure you guys get as frustrated as I do when arguing equally valid points to one another. It's sad that it has to come to this point, if only the american government would tell the truth to it's people there would be no need for these discussions. If one of us could get behind closed doors and see first hand what bush and his defense minister do im sure it would very l hard to swallow

hjr
02-12-2004, 04:25 PM
GW Bush: Next Week some time
"wait wait wait, when we said we had SOLID evidence of WMD's what we really meant was that i already promised the defence and oil contracts out to certian companies. Its for the american good. Job were created and its pulling us out of the economic slump."

haha