PDA

View Full Version : Acura Canada Special Offers - $6K Off MDX and $3K Off TL

GDCivicSi
05-10-2012, 08:05 AM
I just posted this on my blog: http://www.calgarydealsblog.com/2012/05/acura-2012-mdx-6000-off-plus-1500-is.html

Acura Canada is heavily discounting all 2012 Acura MDX models. For a limited time, there's a $6,000 cash purchase incentive plus you can get $1,500 in complimentary Acura accessories!

There's a special offer on the Acura TL as well. There's a $3,000 cash purchase incentive plus $1,000 in accessories.

If you've been thinking about buying a new car, this is worth checking out. My buddy Josh Lam is the General Manager at Northwest Acura. Drop by the dealership and let him know you heard about the deal from Raymond on beyond or Calgary Deals Blog and he'll take very good care of you.

http://www.acura.ca/special-offers

heavyD
05-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Unfortunately some of that money you save has to go into getting an aftermarket front bumper and grill so you don't have to stare at the hideous Acura smiling beak front end. It amazes me how this design ever got from the design studios to manufacturing approval. Don't some of these people get paid big dollars to make at the very lease obvious decisions? Nobody has ever liked it and it's crazy how only Acura didn't see this.

roopi
05-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
Unfortunately some of that money you save has to go into getting an aftermarket front bumper and grill so you don't have to stare at the hideous Acura smiling beak front end. It amazes me how this design ever got from the design studios to manufacturing approval. Don't some of these people get paid big dollars to make at the very lease obvious decisions? Nobody has ever liked it and it's crazy how only Acura didn't see this.

I couldn't agree more. The TSX and TL were such nice cars before they went and did this to the front end.

toastgremlin
05-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
Unfortunately some of that money you save has to go into getting an aftermarket front bumper and grill so you don't have to stare at the hideous Acura smiling beak front end. Eh, you could just buy a blanket and drape it over the front end of the car every time you get out of it. Elephant Man style.

You might also need a blindfold so you don't accidentally look at it out of the corner of your eye.

GDCivicSi
05-10-2012, 09:10 AM
I agree as well. You either love it or hate it.

I owned a 05 TSX and preferred the previous gens front grill.

On the other hand, I know a lot of people who have bought an Acura lately. My brother in law has a new MDX and I know three buddies with a new TL or TSX. It's starting to grow on me.

clem24
05-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by GDCivicSi
On the other hand, I know a lot of ASIANS who have bought an Acura lately.

Fixed.

On the topic of the beak.. The other day I saw a TL with the entire beak covered in snow. JUST the beak though. Looked like fucking Santa Claus and made me chuckle. :rofl:

Aleks
05-10-2012, 08:57 PM
I've seen up to $12,000 incentives on the Acuras before. ZDX in particular. MDX had 8-10k off in the past, typically at the end of MY run before new ones start rolling in.

Redlyne_mr2
05-10-2012, 11:09 PM
And people wonder why they loose a ton of money when they try and trade one in.

nj2Type-S
05-10-2012, 11:13 PM
i'm never getting another acura again lol

heavyD
05-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
And people wonder why they loose a ton of money when they try and trade one in.

I assume you get a lot of Acura owners looking to upgrage to German that get upset at the trade in value you give them.

clem24
05-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Well it's not like BMWs and Mercs don't lose a ton as soon as they leave the lot... If anything same year bimmers are usually worth less relative to what was paid when new compared to Acuras.

Redlyne_mr2
05-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by clem24
Well it's not like BMWs and Mercs don't lose a ton as soon as they leave the lot... If anything same year bimmers are usually worth less relative to what was paid when new compared to Acuras.

Not even close , acuras are the heaviest depreciating "luxury" brand out there.:)

CanmoreOrLess
05-12-2012, 08:26 AM

Not even close , acuras are the heaviest depreciating "luxury" brand out there.:)

Source? I did some research, indeed BMW has stepped up their game in resale.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/car-tips/buyers-guide/buy-a-vehicle-that-retains-its-resale-value-well/article1928754/

http://www.vincentric.com/Home/BestValueAwards/2012BestValueinAmerica/2012BestValueinAmericaWinnersList.aspx

Redlyne_mr2
05-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess

Source? I did some research, indeed BMW has stepped up their game in resale.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/car-tips/buyers-guide/buy-a-vehicle-that-retains-its-resale-value-well/article1928754/

http://www.vincentric.com/Home/BestValueAwards/2012BestValueinAmerica/2012BestValueinAmericaWinnersList.aspx

i work in the industry and have for my entire career :) . im not sure where the globe and mail have found their figures but real world, western Canada region looks like this. from best to worst.

Audi
Lexus
BMW
Mercedes
Acura
Infiniti
Land Rover

cloud7
05-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Acura has stepped back on the beak design on the TL and MDX. They are decent vehicles for the money. The TL and MDX are probably not depreciating as much as the EL and TSX, which makes up most of the brand's sales. Depreciation or not, Acura reliability is undeniable. I would not hesitate to own one for over 10 years. Even when repairs are needed, prices are reasonable.

Back on topic, Acura is just clearing out 2012 stock to make room for the 2013s. Not unlike the type of discount when BMW was getting rid of the 2011 inventory to make way for the 2012.

heavyD
05-14-2012, 07:26 AM

i work in the industry and have for my entire career :) . im not sure where the globe and mail have found their figures but real world, western Canada region looks like this. from best to worst.

Audi
Lexus
BMW
Mercedes
Acura
Infiniti
Land Rover

I'm surprised Audi's depreciate the least as they have more widespread entry level cars like the A3 in circulation. Maybe more a supply/demand thing on the higher line models like the A6.