PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Restaurant suggestions

Red@8
05-11-2012, 06:14 AM
Heading to Toronto for the weekend, would like to check out a place for a nice dinner. Would prefer Japanese or Indian/Indian fusion places. Lets hear it.

Red@8
05-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Wow, nobody!?!?!? Bueller?

kenny
05-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Try Canoe. It was pretty good last time I went (during Summerlicious) and the view is nice (its on the 54th floor of the TD tower).

http://www.oliverbonacini.com/Canoe.aspx

Its not Japanese or Indian though :D

Red@8
05-16-2012, 04:42 PM
^ Website says closed on the weekends, shoot. I will try and hit that place up maybe on the Monday before I leave. Thanks!

suen17
05-16-2012, 04:52 PM
As a rule, most O&B restaurants are decent. There are a couple but the price point isn't all that impressive.

Other must tries:

-"Sushi On Bloor" The actual restaurant name, not just any sushi place on bloor haha
-Terroni (Italian)
-Nota Bene
-Cafe Lagaffe
-Mercatto - similar menu to Mercato in Calgary (surprise) but different owner/company/chef
-Banu (Indian)

Be prepared for long waits if you can't/don't make a reso.

Kritafo
05-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Where in Toronto...like downtown? Fukui Sushi is pretty good.

Kamasutra Indian Restaurant & Wine Bar is very good.

Red@8
05-17-2012, 06:28 AM
I'll be all over Toronto so I didn't want to limit suggestions to any one locale.

Thanks for the help so far.

Mibz
05-17-2012, 08:40 AM
George and Harbour Sixty were both fantastic when I was there a few years ago.

sputnik
05-17-2012, 08:48 AM
The BEST authentic Indian food in the Toronto area is actually in Brampton (aka Bramladesh) but there are some really good places downtown as well.

Here are the few that I have been too in the Financial/Entertainment district. I would recommend any of them.

Little India - www.littleindia.ca
Babur - www.babur.ca
Kama Indian - www.kamaindia.com

Kritafo
05-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
George and Harbour Sixty were both fantastic when I was there a few years ago.

ahh George has a great tasting menu. We did lunch there a few years ago, it was really nice. It holds a bunch of awards. But whatever you do...make sure you try for reservations. If you can't get them try your Concierge services at the hotel.