PDA

View Full Version : UFC 149 Sells out in less than 10 minutes...

Toma
05-12-2012, 10:47 AM
I want 2 tickets, lol.

C_Dave45
05-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Wow. Garth Brooks all over again. Pool on how much ringsides will be going for? $2500?

drtoohotty1
05-12-2012, 10:57 AM
ya i was on at exactly 10am tried every combination down to 1 ticket at best price and nothing FUCK TICKETMASTER/CAREER SCALPERS :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

C_Dave45
05-12-2012, 11:01 AM
I wonder how much those programs are that the brokers must use to buy tickets. You'd think they could come up with a way to stop those.

CompletelyNumb
05-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Weren't there presale codes posted in the calgary deals thread for yesterday?

I'm not surprised they're all gone though. :nut:

03ozwhip
05-12-2012, 11:21 AM
IMO, no one should get presales, it should all be first come first serve.

scboss
05-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
IMO, no one should get presales, it should all be first come first serve.

Why presale is better. If you have the code you can only buy max 6 tickets. There were tons yesterday and the day before. Without that scalpers can buy unlimited amounts which is why they sold out fast today. UFC has the right idea IMO so that the fans actually have a chance to get them not just the scalpers like what happened with Garth brooks.

Btw ringside was 4k

brucebanner
05-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Stubhub is listing lots for sale. 700+ tickets, ranging from $180-5,000.. :nut:

03ozwhip
05-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by warcaster

Why presale is better. If you have the code you can only buy max 6 tickets. There were tons yesterday and the day before. Without that scalpers can buy unlimited amounts which is why they sold out fast today. UFC has the right idea IMO so that the fans actually have a chance to get them not just the scalpers like what happened with Garth brooks.

Btw ringside was 4k

buying tickets first come first serve can have a limit too, it just doesnt make sense to put tickets up for sale more than once if you can do the same thing with a first come first serve basis.

wtf im nameless
05-12-2012, 12:38 PM

scboss
05-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

buying tickets first come first serve can have a limit too, it just doesnt make sense to put tickets up for sale more than once if you can do the same thing with a first come first serve basis.

Thing is UFC cares about the fans so they do a presale. Ticketmaster only cares about sales so they have 0 limits. You and 5 guys could have split the UFC membership. Ends up being like 12$ each lol

03ozwhip
05-12-2012, 12:46 PM

Thing is UFC cares about the fans so they do a presale. Ticketmaster only cares about sales so they have 0 limits. You and 5 guys could have split the UFC membership. Ends up being like 12$ each lol

thats what im getting at though, why cant ticketmaster just limit the sales per account, same as presale, 6. that way everyone has a fair chance and doesnt have to sign up for anything, just go in or online and try and buy them.

it doesnt matter if ticketmaster only cares about sales, they get a certrain amount of tickets and of course they will always sell them all, so what is the problem?

scboss
05-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Trust me I agree with you but it will never work that way. It's all risk vs reward. Having no limits has a 0 risk and 100 reward of selling out. UFC knows they will sellout and that's why they have limited ticket presales so the fans don't get ripped off.

I think that besides flames season ticket owners the Garth brooks concert was sold to 99% scalpers. Ticketmaster dosnt and will never give two shits about the fans. In the end they only care about making fast money

wtf im nameless
05-12-2012, 12:52 PM
UFC does it this way for one reason and one reason only, money.

How many people do you think purchase a $90 annual membership to a website just so they can pay full price for tickets 48 hours early? It's a win/win for both the UFC and the hardcore fans... UFC makes a boatload of cash and the hardcore fans know how to get better tickets than the general public.

scboss
05-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by wtf im nameless
UFC does it this way for one reason and one reason only, money.

How many people do you think purchase a $90 annual membership to a website just so they can pay full price for tickets 48 hours early? It's a win/win for both the UFC and the hardcore fans... UFC makes a boatload of cash and the hardcore fans know how to get better tickets than the general public.

Exactly. To me an extra 90 was nothing to me because id rather pay that then pay double the ticket price to a scalper. It's a smart way for UFC to make money and for us to get a fair shot at tickets

03ozwhip
05-12-2012, 12:59 PM
i guess money always trumps logic lol its a decent idea, but ya, sucks for alot of reasons.

bigbadboss101
05-12-2012, 01:16 PM
I got these seat along with fight club membership. Just remember I have a wedding to attend that night.

Section
Row
Seats
9 - 10

$460 for the two seats and just under $100 for FC.

C_Dave45
05-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
I got these seat along with fight club membership. Just remember I have a wedding to attend that night.

Section
Row
Seats
9 - 10

$460 for the two seats and just under $100 for FC.
Holy...nice seats. Gonna sell 'em on Kijiji? Could get almost double that!

Shlade
05-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Meh... Not that great of a card really... Only fight I think would be worth seeing is Bisping and Nogeura.

Dont really see why people would pay such big money for something thats almost identical at a pub (unless they put on some big show off camera) then I really dont see it being worth it.

scboss
05-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Shlade
Meh... Not that great of a card really... Only fight I think would be worth seeing is Bisping and Nogeura.

Dont really see why people would pay such big money for something thats almost identical at a pub (unless they put on some big show off camera) then I really dont see it being worth it.

Man this card is stacked. It's sick that we get to see a champion live. Btw nothing compares to seeing something live, This will be my 3rd live UFC and I can't wait.

That's like saying its better to pay less and watch the flames at home then be at the game :rofl:

mac_82
05-12-2012, 02:56 PM

This. I got 6 tickets on Thursday. Split the $90 6 ways and it's totally worth it.

Redlined_8000
05-12-2012, 04:12 PM
fml

heavyD
05-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1
ya i was on at exactly 10am tried every combination down to 1 ticket at best price and nothing FUCK TICKETMASTER/CAREER SCALPERS :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I did as well and so did my brother. Is there a trick to getting through as I don't know anyone that got through at 10:00 this morning? Sounds to me like there were no seats for sale at 10:00.

scboss
05-12-2012, 04:59 PM
They are officially sold out

ajooo
05-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

I did as well and so did my brother. Is there a trick to getting through as I don't know anyone that got through at 10:00 this morning? Sounds to me like there were no seats for sale at 10:00.

thats what i was figuring too. i was on 2 computers searching, and had my gf looking too.

bigbadboss101
05-12-2012, 05:21 PM
When I checked the other day there were some $700 ones in sec 120. Thought about it but figure too much $ to pay.

ajooo
05-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
When I checked the other day there were some $700 ones in sec 120. Thought about it but figure too much $ to pay.

sent you a PM

roopi
05-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Shlade

UFC live is terrible. Unless you're sitting within the first few rows you sit there and watch iton the screens.

[Yu]
05-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Although this does suck, but there can be some positives out of this.

The year UFC came to Van, the event sold out ASAP. That year I was going to Van and was disappointed that I could not get tickets. On the day of the event though, on the local radio, a lot of people that bought tickets to scalp got their asses handed to them.

The radio jockey said that there were tonnes of people that wanted to get rid of tickets at Face value, and even below face sometimes. There were people (the scalper) calling to radio stations to say that they had way too much because of *insert bullshit excuse for why they have 10 tickets*.

I want to go, but at this point I don't really got the funds seeing how I've been dealing with medical issues. With this quick sell out in mind, I feel a bit more optimistic that I can see the show now. I am just going to wait until the day of the event and let that dictate whether or not I go :)

[Yu]
05-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by roopi

UFC live is terrible. Unless you're sitting within the first few rows you sit there and watch iton the screens.

It's funny you mention this roopi. I personally don't have any experience in attending an a live event. So I am curious if you have?

Majority of people justify that its expensive and a waste of money because you don't get close seats or ring side seats. Ironically, in interviews with UFC fighters that are attending as part of the audience (usuallyn very close to the cage), they often mention how they are usually looking at TV screens of the fight, instead of looking 20 meters in front of them because the cage limits a lot of visibility.

roopi
05-13-2012, 01:01 PM
I went to the one in Vancouver last year. We sat in $400.00 seats that had a great view however we were constantly forcing ourselves to look away from the screens since we were there.

When you watch ths on TV you have 4 different camera views that they constantly cycle through to give you the best view.

I would definitely never attend a live event again or recommend it to anyone.

scboss
05-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Hahaha I must be the only one that enjoys live fights. The only time I found myself looking at the screens was in between rounds to see the replays. Mind you I saw both GSP lay an ass kicking on Serra and rampage knock out chuck liddel.
Do any of you guys go to the local stuff or is this your first mma event?

95teetee
05-13-2012, 04:27 PM
rampage knock out chuck liddel.
that in itself would make attending the event worthwile.

scboss
05-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Surprisingly it was way more fun when GSP regained his title. Crowd was going ape shit with every strike, transition, counter etc

toyboy88
06-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Silva and Alves no longer on 149 card.

http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=397612

ajooo
06-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88
Silva and Alves no longer on 149 card.

http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=397612

man shitty news, hope they find a good, exciting fighter for Rua