PDA

View Full Version : Opinions wanted on swag/promo material at driven

gamman
05-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Guys/gals
We are manufacturing a low pressure, lower cost, entry level supercharger Kit (here in Calgary), and the driven show will be our first real reveal. I am trying to get some opinions on what marketing stuff you would like to see.

We should have 2 cars ready for the show, and will have a draw for a free install on a unit, or something like that.

What take home items would you want to see?
Flyers?
Business card size flyer?
RQ code?
Facebook link?
All of the above?
Anything else not mentioned?

J-hop
05-12-2012, 01:43 PM
I think a postcard sized flyer might be nice with the specs listed and proven power gains if you have them (dyno chart with before and after curves on them).

TomcoPDR
05-12-2012, 03:44 PM
IMO flyers usually just get thrown out or lost.. Might as well spend time on web related stuff (i.e. facebook, twitter, RQ code on your business cards, etc)

That's just IMHO. :dunno:

Tik-Tok
05-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Business card size fridge magnet.

leftwing
05-12-2012, 03:59 PM
I think you need to get people to visit your website. You can fit more info on your website that you can on any ad. I would create a wicked website, then promote the shit out of it.

That being said, I would think tangible items that people would take home with them would be best. Things like lanyards, magnets maybe, beer cozy's.... Things that people wouldn't throw out.

roll_over
05-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Decals to give out? i still have a speedtech one from the first dtp?

what is the kit for any more info?

Mibz
05-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Do people actually use QR codes? I'm way too lazy to pull out my phone, open up an app and stand there for a second while it picks it up. Just have a website that I can remember.

FraserB
05-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Do people actually use QR codes? I'm way too lazy to pull out my phone, open up an app and stand there for a second while it picks it up. Just have a website that I can remember.

This. I can count the number of times I have used the QR reader on one hand.

Graham_A_M
05-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Pics of said S/C on here would also help too I'd recommend ;)

gamman
05-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Thanks guys. I completely agree with the comments. I have never used a qr code. I was really wondering if I was too old or not.

Thanks.

Website should be up in a week.

More details in kits etc, will be for another thread. Thanks again.

swak
05-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Its not that bad on a blackberry... But I feel like such a geek/feel way too lazy to pull out my phone to get directed to an "ad"