PDA

View Full Version : VIP Golf Pass

JLau
05-13-2012, 06:37 PM
I am thinking about buying the VIP Golf Pass. Anyone ever bought this pass? i heard they have some restrictions; weekends, or max tee time from golf pass is only 4 at some courses per day.

tenth
05-15-2012, 03:18 PM
I did it in 2008/2009. The breakeven amount of rounds from memroy at the time was around 12 so long as you were able to get a reasonable discount of $40ish a round (some weren't much of a savings). It's a bit of a mad dash when you are able to book to get in for that day, but if you're diligent in booking at the right time, it was rarely a problem finding a round.

In 2008 I got 20 something rounds in with it, so it paid for itself easily. The next year I played closer to 10, and I lost money on it so canceled. It also didn't have some of the courses I would play, which hurt the recovery further.

If you are okay playing primarily courses on their list, are motivated to play them a lot, and have at least 1 other fairly hardcore golfer signing up as well, it's a good deal. If not, it's a bit of a risk on whether it's worth it or not.

turbotrip
05-15-2012, 03:30 PM
link for more info on this?

98type_r
05-15-2012, 03:54 PM
http://www.vipgolf.ca/listings.bpsx?rid=1

JLau
05-17-2012, 07:18 PM
i golfed 6 rounds already this year. Most places i went to had promotions. Kananaskis 2 times 40 bux cart incld, harvest hills twice, Beaver Dam 30 bux cart incld, and McCall once

I just dont know if i can take full advantage of that pass, although most of my rounds will be weekdays and sunday, so barely any restrictions

~Leah~
05-19-2012, 03:10 PM
This is my 2nd year with VIP. I wasn't going to get it because I barely broke even last year. It does have a lot of restrictions, but you can openly see the list on their website before you buy. I am already almost even this year so it's definitely worth it for me. If you're golfing weekday you will get some awesome deals. I like it!