PDA

View Full Version : Online Car Magazine For Alberta

ninspeed
09-16-2002, 11:11 PM
Me and a few friends have been thinking about a Online Car Magazing focusing in on the Local import/european car sceen. I was wondering how many of you would visit the magazine at least once a month to check it out (probally have weekly updates).. Its would be free for everything untill it goes on paper.

Please post any thought or ideas you would like to see, and if you would check it out or not.

Thanks, Rob

van
09-16-2002, 11:15 PM
I'd check it out every month! That's a cool idea. PM me if you need help with anything. I've put together brochures, pamphlets, magazine articles, etc..

HRD2PLZ
09-16-2002, 11:29 PM
I'd definately check it out often. I'd much rather support something local than someone across the border that I've never met.

ConVict
09-16-2002, 11:34 PM
hey i would have no problem checking it out every update...
suggestions... just get out there do it, get LOTS of rides so you can please everyone... dont focus on anything in paticular because everyone has a diff opinion!
and you can ask people through here to send you tons of there car pics and save your self some hassel...
most people on this board have digis and can help you out
i do , and if you need a hand just ask

5.9 R/T
09-16-2002, 11:41 PM
I would definitly check it out, hope this works out for you!

Redlyne_mr2
09-17-2002, 09:23 AM
you might end up running out of cars to feature in about 12 months

Ben
09-17-2002, 09:54 AM
I'll take pictures!:clap:

silenttype23
09-17-2002, 10:02 AM
This is in Vancouver and my buddies tried doing something similar and it just didn't work out. Not enough cars to support the site for more than a year or so and thats in Vancouver........................and you're thinking about Calgary? How long would that last until it got stale and BORING???????????? GOOD LUCK I'd rather stick to messege boards like beyond.ca ETC. Don't even waste your time..............ITS CALGARY
1. summer for a few days, then winter for the rest of the year
and because of that,
2. naturally not enough cars, the scene tends to be growing but very slow
3. just look at the results and turnout of KRONICAL's past eyegasms..........and i thought there was suppose to be one this summer 2002 ?????????????? On their flyer it was saying the biggest, car show event in Western Canada. Really BIGGEST in western Canada. Too Much HYPE
4. oh yeah, maybe theres still sometime left for that show.................The remainder of this week........before it snows.
HEHE

Love the Cars, the People, the Scene.................BUT its Calgary
face it.......................

ninspeed
09-17-2002, 10:13 AM
As of now, the online mag is focused at all of alberta, not only Calgary. If we get enough interest from people in BC or Sask (or even people in Alberta wanting us to feature people's rides from those provinces) then we will expand to most of Western Canada. We have a few ideas for content to keep the website regularly updated, even during the winter. If anyone would like to see BC/Sask added to the mag, post it here. Also, add anything you'd like to see in the mag content wise. Thanks for the support everyone!

silenttype23
09-17-2002, 10:14 AM
Now that i've thought about it a little more...............Do you seriously want to be known by everyone in Calgary, that you are the person that put out something for the Car Scene in Calgary that was Boring, Weak, and that people might laugh or joke with???? I wouldn't.......................If KRONICAL can't do it...........WHO can???????????????? Just trying to HELP you out.

Ben
09-17-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by silenttype23
Now that i've thought about it a little more...............Do you seriously want to be known by everyone in Calgary, that you are the person that put out something for the Car Scene in Calgary that was Boring, Weak, and that people might laugh or joke with???? I wouldn't.......................If KRONICAL can't do it...........WHO can???????????????? Just trying to HELP you out.

LOL, your very supportive, do you think you used enough Question marks to demonstrate your sarchasm any better?

silenttype23
09-17-2002, 10:43 AM
LOL. Just trying to help out Benny hehehe

Madspinner
09-17-2002, 11:03 AM
yeah i would visit it .

Toma
09-17-2002, 11:37 AM
Great idea. You could feature a couple cars a months, a few tech articles, and maybe a couple stereo installs, a product review, perhaps a new car test or something. Personally, I am a tech junkie, and that is why I buy a rag. I could personally care less about other cars, but a good tech article is worth the $6 admission price alone.....education costs $$$.

It won't get stale. I get enough cars a month on the dyno alone that would be worth writing stories about. People that would laugh at the feature cars are closed minded and are not worthy to be your readers. Not every featured car needs to be a killer 500 hp prelude or 700hp Supra..... ;)

Ever check out autospeed.com? Fantastic site, and one of the only ones I actually pay a subsciprtion to.

Toma

5.9 R/T
09-17-2002, 12:05 PM
Here's my two cents, take it for what it's worth. Please don't cover your mag with half naked girls standing next to cars, if I buy a car mag i want to see cars, if i want to see girls i'll buy FHM or Maxim or whatever. This is the main reason why I do not buy import mags, too many pics, not enough content. Second, and most will probably not like this but here it is anyways, why not feature one muscle car a month, like an 'old school' section or something? *puts on flame suit*

DSM Power
09-17-2002, 01:42 PM
Great idea! I'd definately check it out. :thumbsup:

ninspeed
09-17-2002, 02:47 PM
Here's my two cents, take it for what it's worth. Please don't cover your mag with half naked girls standing next to cars, if I buy a car mag i want to see cars, if i want to see girls i'll buy FHM or Maxim or whatever. This is the main reason why I do not buy import mags, too many pics, not enough content.

No worries 5.9R/T, one of the organizers behind this is female so there will be no half naked chicks.:thumbsup:

Ben
09-17-2002, 03:27 PM
Just as long as its not JAM PACKED full of adds and shit like every other magazine, I would gladly pay 10 bucks for 100 pages of quality car talk, than 6.99 for 200 pages of trash.

LaughingTiger
09-17-2002, 03:42 PM
I don't think it would hurt to try, maybe If it works out you can
make some money advertising for local shops..:thumbsup:

Since it is local I think people will like it. but you'll only get people
on by word of mouth, how will the rest of the people know about
it? I know in Calgary everybody ends up knowing everyone else
threw somebodys friend's sisters boyfriends godbrother...but If
you want it to spread over western Canada , how will you do it..
I know most of the people in Van coulden't care less about the
shit that happen's in Calgary...:dunno:

RGAGT
09-17-2002, 04:55 PM
SURE WOULD AS LONG AS IT WASN'T ALL IMPORTS:dunno: NOTHING AGAINST THE IMPORT GUYS BUT THERE ARE OTHER CARS OUT THERE:D

Ben
09-17-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by RGAGT
SURE WOULD AS LONG AS IT WASN'T ALL IMPORTS:dunno: NOTHING AGAINST THE IMPORT GUYS BUT THERE ARE OTHER CARS OUT THERE:D

Yes I agree.

http://members.albertacars.net/gpomp/capslock.gif

Stratus_Power
09-17-2002, 05:13 PM
yeh just make sure u have enuf cars to feature or the site will die out quick

ninspeed
09-17-2002, 10:38 PM
SURE WOULD AS LONG AS IT WASN'T ALL IMPORTS NOTHING AGAINST THE IMPORT GUYS BUT THERE ARE OTHER CARS OUT THERE

No worries Rick, there will be a little bit of everything on there. Thanks for the ideas guys, keep em comin! :thumbsup:

ninspeed
09-19-2002, 12:00 AM
if you are reading this thread please click on the thread below for more info. Thanks

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3678

ninspeed
09-19-2002, 12:27 PM
We're also looking for tech articles, how to's, sound stuff ect. Feel free to pitch any idea with us, we are looking for the initial stuff to start the first issue with so send anything in to us that you think everyone else may be interested in!

Mel