PDA

View Full Version : Love those landscapers...

AndyL
05-16-2012, 05:44 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/cgyreefer/Snapbucket/DFD2F6D3-orig.jpg
2500HD with a bobcat if I recall is overloaded... Full bed of equipment, 2 buckets, forks, and 2 pallets of sod???:banghead: If you're scraping the asphalt on a flat street with your trailer jack - you might be overloaded...

Can ya see the big gaping slice in the sidewall on the rear trailer tire? Pointed it out to one of them "Yeah we know, just needs filling twice a day"

Where's the truck unit when you need it?

speedog
05-16-2012, 05:53 PM
403-266-1234 - one call with some details or just ask for the truck unit.

Would be a pity if they left later in the day, went a block or so, had that tire blow and careen out of control over 4 elementary kids walking home from school.

xnvy
05-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by AndyL
Can ya see the big gaping slice in the sidewall on the rear trailer tire? Pointed it out to one of them. Yeah we know, just needs filling twice a day
:facepalm: Too many idiots these days, at least those guys are only in charge of a landscaping truck and not a school bus. However, as the above poster said, there's a significant chance that tire could cause them to careen out of control and noticing that it's in a residential area, the possibility for injury is increased.

AndyL
05-16-2012, 06:10 PM
:angel: I would never do that :)

But these days a ticket doesn't get the appropriate respect plastering their behaviour on the interwebz will :rofl:

http://www.snowmow.ca/About_Us.html

Snowmow.CA 20 years experience

speedog
05-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Filed a complaint using their "contact us" form.

Sentry
05-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Looks like the one that ran me onto the shoulder going west on highway 1 couple months ago.

Fucking landscapers.

Here's a question, a lot of the time I see these guys hauling bobcats, the bobcat is left running. Even in summer.

What's the deal?

corsvette
05-16-2012, 06:35 PM
I hope he gets stopped by dot, a few thousand in fines might smarten him up.

btimbit
05-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Looks like the guys that leaked a bunch of oil in front of my house

ddduke
05-16-2012, 10:59 PM
Holy shit andyl, do you not have anything better to do with your time? What are these guys doing directly to you? You're posting the website and potentially making them lose business because you have nothing better to do with your time them snap pics and post threads on beyond.

While you're at it you should go hunting for illegally parked cars, cars with expired tags, neighbours with over grown lawns and call them in.

I completely agree that these guys are idiots and if you can afford a bobcat then tires should be pennies, but people like you drive me nuts. What did these guys do to you? nothing, you're just a nosey old man with too much spare time.

schocker
05-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by ddduke
Holy shit andyl, do you not have anything better to do with your time? What are these guys doing directly to you? You're posting the website and potentially making them lose business because you have nothing better to do with your time them snap pics and post threads on beyond.

While you're at it you should go hunting for illegally parked cars, cars with expired tags, neighbours with over grown lawns and call them in.

I completely agree that these guys are idiots and if you can afford a bobcat then tires should be pennies, but people like you drive me nuts. What did these guys do to you? nothing, you're just a nosey old man with too much spare time.
:facepalm:
This is dangerous to other drivers on the road and he took one picture, what is your problem ffs.

ddduke
05-16-2012, 11:29 PM
My problem is people who can't mind their own business and what he did was take a picture, start a thread on a public forum then made another post with company info.

I see tons of idiots texting while swerving all over the road, I don't snap pics, take license plate numbers down then start threads on beyond about it. Those people directly affect my life.

Be a man, tell buddy what he's doing is unsafe and to fix it or you're going to call him in.

ddduke
05-16-2012, 11:36 PM
like I said, I understand what they're doing is stupid but I don't get people who get all upset about other people doing dangerous shit that doesn't directly affect them. What good is going to come of bitching about every idiot out there?

How do you know that these guys aren't locked down on the block for the next 2 weeks and are just moving a few doors down. Or maybe they're done for the day and leaving the truck there over night and are just loading it up? How is everyone so sure that they're going to pull out on a major road and hurt someone.

No one bitches and posts hate threads when they see a supercar driving like a douche on public roads, instead the people on here say things like "I'd do the same if I drove that kind of car".

revelations
05-16-2012, 11:43 PM
No one bitches and posts hate threads when they see a supercar driving like a douche on public roads, instead the people on here say things like "I'd do the same if I drove that kind of car".

Wrong, people do post about douches all the time.

I'm afraid youre lumping the OP into the category of

http://www.ronanlyons.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/helen-lovejoy.jpg

... when in fact the OP is simple a concerned citizens who is concerned about the welfare of others.

If you have a neighbour who is constantly whining about something, thats one thing, but this is a one off.

01RedDX
05-17-2012, 12:09 AM

7thgenvic
05-17-2012, 12:16 AM
OO another one of these threads..... He should probably drop his trailer and leave it in front of your house :)

euro_racer
05-17-2012, 06:13 AM

....here we go *grabs popcorn* :rofl: :rofl:

but yeah i agree with most of ddduke's points

AndyL
05-17-2012, 07:28 AM
:rofl:

Are you new here?

If it was douche parking, that'd be one thing... when its putting me at risk, that's something else - those front tires have no weight on them - so he's got almost no ability to steer, or brake... as mentioned, tire blows - that truck is uncontrollable, as the other trailer tire probably will go with it - as the trailer seems loaded well beyond its limit..

Oh, and no... they weren't just packing up for the night, that was how they rolled up to do that job...

Rat Fink
05-17-2012, 07:58 AM

-relk-
05-17-2012, 08:11 AM
What are these guys doing directly to you?

And what did andyl do to you?

This is an automotive forum, and he is posting a picture of an automotive related problem/issue. See the coincidence?

heavyfuel
05-17-2012, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by AndyL
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/cgyreefer/Snapbucket/DFD2F6D3-orig.jpg
2500HD with a bobcat if I recall is overloaded... Full bed of equipment, 2 buckets, forks, and 2 pallets of sod???:banghead: If you're scraping the asphalt on a flat street with your trailer jack - you might be overloaded...

Can ya see the big gaping slice in the sidewall on the rear trailer tire? Pointed it out to one of them "Yeah we know, just needs filling twice a day"

Where's the truck unit when you need it?

Makes me sick to my stomach to see shit like this. And daily I see a lot of it.

My work truck needs fixing, it gets fixed. Simple as that. You can't put a price on safety and other people's lives. I just don't get idiot retards who can't figure out that airbags are necessary when towing heavy, and they're only 3-4 hundred bucks and take an hour to install. That should be pocket change to landscapers.

codetrap
05-17-2012, 09:01 AM
like I said, I understand what they're doing is stupid but I don't get people who get all upset about other people doing dangerous shit that doesn't directly affect them. What good is going to come of bitching about every idiot out there?

"The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

rage2
05-17-2012, 09:10 AM
My only question is, where the hell is skyview shores manor? It's like I don't know this city anymore haha.

schocker
05-17-2012, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by rage2
My only question is, where the hell is skyview shores manor? It's like I don't know this city anymore haha.
Skyview ranch I believe. You won't know this city either if ddddddduke has his way, this neighbourhood doesn't concern you! :rofl:

FraserB
05-17-2012, 09:39 AM
I kind of agree with ddduke, but at the same time it should be your responsibility to do the right thing if you know it is wrong. The landscapers clearly know it is the wrong way to do things and clearly don't care about the safety of others, so they need to be told. If that means getting a visit from the truck unit, then maybe it needs to happen.

As for whose business it is, I'd say that them doing dangerous things does directly impact me. Or does it only become my business when the wheel falls off and hit my car or the truck goes out of control and hits me?

I would also think that this is a pretty good indication of the attitude they take when it comes to their work as well. If you can't be bothered to do something as transport your tools in the proper manner, why should I believe you will do your job in the right way?

Disoblige
05-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by codetrap

"The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
:clap:

project240
05-17-2012, 09:49 AM
like I said, I understand what they're doing is stupid but I don't get people who get all upset about other people doing dangerous shit that doesn't directly affect them.

So in your eyes it would have been ok if he made this thread after the driver loses control and crashes or hurts or even kills someone?

Maybe he's upset because he lives in the neighbourhood and doesn't want to read a story in a few days about the child who got hit by a truck/trailer that had no business being on the road.

Maybe the company shouldn't be in business if they can't afford the proper trailer/equipment to handle their needs.

speedog
05-17-2012, 10:42 AM
Call it in I say - I have a jackass who lives about a block away who continually works on vehicles on the street, the worst was a 25 foot box-transport truck parked on hill (on the street), front end in the air on jack stands and no wheel chocks to be seen and they were no where to be seen for at least 2 hours. The police got a call and his truck disappeared soon after that - yeah, it sure as hell didn't directly affect me but I would've felt like shit if it has rolled off the jack stands and had done something to someone.

CanmoreOrLess
05-17-2012, 10:50 AM
I know I would not hire this company based on their regard to worker safety and the safety of others. If they cannot load a truck and trailer correctly, am I certain they can get the chemical mixtures correct or keep my account in order? Hundreds of landscapers out there, why deal with an iffy one?

Good spot and I would not hesitate to call it in, parking authorities, police for the load factor and lastly (an hour later) the company after all tickets have been issued. I do not wait for an accident to happen, it will in time and it will be the worker, kids or kittens who are to suffer.

Canmorite
05-17-2012, 11:03 AM
I used to work in landscaping and saw this shit all the time. Totally unsafe :thumbsdow

AndyL
05-17-2012, 04:57 PM
I decided to post as it was an oddball, I don't think anyone could even say it even looks ok... There were quite a number of landscape outfits on the block, the smallest vehicle (besides this one) was a SRW F350 - and it was hauling small tools and a trailer full of sod... Every other vehicle that was connected to a bobcat trailer - was a DRW 450(0)/550(0) (and one outfit had a chev 7500).

Speaking to the one guy on the crew, just made me turn around and walk away...

I can't understand the logic myself - why would a company even provide a vehicle that's so under rated for the job that it's tasked to do...

Going by quicky lowball numbers - that GMT800 is towing at least 20,000lbs... If it had the 8.1L - it could be rated to 16,000lbs towing (But law of averages, and low #'s on the 8.1 sales - says it's probably the 6L - which could be rated to 10,600lbs)

kvg
05-17-2012, 05:34 PM
the owners of Snowmow must know that's dangerous