PDA

View Full Version : Atco Gas jobs

calgarys_finest
05-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Does anyone work for atco gas doing lines in the city. I currently work in the industry and would like to know if atco is a good company to work for. I need a change, my current company is getting bad but would love to stay doing the same thing. Any help would be nice. If you would like to pm me instead that would be ok too.

Thankt you.

Maxt
05-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Atco is cushy...A few of my friends work for them, the biggest challenge is finding your own hiding spot in the city..

Babaganoosh
05-22-2012, 10:33 AM
I worked for them about 5 years ago for a summer job doing rural lines (Bow Valley region which covers anywhere within about 90min of city) waaay better than in the city. Get paid for a few hrs driving everyday, nobody watching you work, nice scenery. Nobody worked too hard on site either. It was an awesome job, decent management, good crews. We did 10hr days mon-thurs, fri and sat double time if they need something done. I think because the place has been so laid back for so long nobody even tries to hurry anymore. IE: get a work order, could be done in two days, budgeted for four, so you take four, everyones happy.

If youre a supervisor/management and want a real challenge, try getting an atco crew motivated.

Davetronz
05-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Everyone I know that works for Atco in various roles really likes it and recommends them.

huch
05-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Shit company, shit corporate culture, boring work, dead end job.

They don't even give you the internet... in this day and age. In order to get it, you need to get special approval from your boss. You'd be surprised how many team leads don't want their workers to have the internet at that company, it's crazy. My buddy has been working there for 5 years and for 4 of them didn't have it. You should have seen how excited he was to get on google.ca.

I'm speaking from experience here too. Having met many high ups in that company it just amazes me how oblivious they are to the industry in general.

Disoblige
05-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Sounds like if you're a lazy ass, ATCO is the perfect work environment for you :thumbsup:

:dunno: