PDA

View Full Version : Honda accord help needed please read.

mikerr765
02-04-2004, 03:07 PM
Our 85 Accord (carb model) starts right up but kills after 5-7 seconds regardless of what we do with the throttle pedal, then you have to keep trying to start it for a few minutes before its starts again. If its been running its starts and runs fine Its almost like the fuel in the line is gone and then it has to get more to the carb? it seems to run fine once its going. Its does not depend on the weather but once its sat over night it won;'t start again. the oil looks like it might have some fuel in it its not anti freeze becaus the level hav not changed?? i have read about the main relays causing a starting problem when its hot in the summer and it used to do that also but only occasionally. Please i need you suggestions i am mechanical but need you guys too!
Mike in MN

avgdude32
02-05-2004, 01:57 PM
I have an 83 with a carb and I have similar problems at times. I have heard of others too. Its something to do with honda's carbuerator model cars or something. Sorry I can't help.

mikerr765
02-05-2004, 02:41 PM
I am thinking its a choke issue possibly, is your choke closed all the way when the car is cold?? Mine is not there is a bout a 1/4 gap.
Or possibly its an issue of the gas running out of the line after it sits, on a fuel injected model there is a regulator tht keeps the gas in the line but i cannot figure out what does it on a carb model that could be a problem too?? Help:confused: