PDA

View Full Version : Quick Opinion - Patio Color

stealth
05-23-2012, 08:08 PM
So the wife and I are trying to decide on color for our back patio.

We are doing it in Stamped Concrete, and I was thinking of going with a charcoal grey.

She wants a brown/beige kind of color...

Would a brown/beige type of color match the color of my house? I just can't visualize it really.

CanmoreOrLess
05-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Both would work well, I'd be more to the not grey side of the colour wheel, something with a pattern in the concrete.

stealth
05-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Yea it will have a stamped pattern. The color will have a base color and a release color.

stealth
05-24-2012, 09:33 AM
Looking at doing something like this in the same color.

http://static.concretenetwork.com/photo-gallery/images/400x400Max/stamped-concrete_34/stone-tan-heritage-bomanite_389.jpg

Gorilla
05-24-2012, 10:38 AM
you must really hate tree's and grass.

But that last picture you posted, the concrete work looks awesome. Is that picture from Calgary?

A790
05-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Gorilla
But that last picture you posted, the concrete work looks awesome. Is that picture from Calgary?
Unlikely.

CanmoreOrLess
05-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Gorilla
you must really hate tree's and grass.

Betting OP is either asian or lives in an ex-asian home. The first thing I noticed, the lack of life in the front of the house. Pave it over and there is zero yard work. I've seen far worse, pity the tree that gets in the way, how dare they drop leaves and dirty the yard.

His home, do with as he wishes. Patio in the rear a good idea but it appears a perfectly fine patio exists out front, add BBQ, table and chairs.

masoncgy
05-24-2012, 11:05 AM
Wow... that house has like zero curb appeal. Cold & sterile. What a shame, it's a nice looking house.

bspot
05-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Just finish paving it all. Go Asphalt. Cheaper. Bulldoze any remaining greenery.

Ntense_SpecV
05-24-2012, 01:04 PM
All I see is a sea of grey...maybe it's because the sky is grey and overcast, but it's really monochromatic picture. My vote is for more grey. Why change it up now. It goes with everything in the photo.

G
05-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess

Betting OP is either asian or lives in an ex-asian home. The first thing I noticed, the lack of life in the front of the house. Pave it over and there is zero yard work. I've seen far worse, pity the tree that gets in the way, how dare they drop leaves and dirty the yard.

His home, do with as he wishes. Patio in the rear a good idea but it appears a perfectly fine patio exists out front, add BBQ, table and chairs.

With 1-6-9 in the house number and no 8s it unlikely Chinese owned.

Graham_A_M
05-24-2012, 01:13 PM
It go with biege or light brown. It'll offset the grey of your house which is well called for. With any more grey or black, it'll almost be depressing.

dirtsniffer
05-24-2012, 01:21 PM
haha concrete front lawn.. wtf.

ipeefreely
05-24-2012, 05:26 PM
The city (of Edmonton) won't let you have an all concrete front yard. You'll have to remove it (If they find out).

You have to have a certain amount of your lot landscaped (so it doesn't look like shit).

Lot of East Indian do this thought.... :rofl:

My friend is in the planning department and he has to deal with this all the time! :nut: (when neighbours call in to report this.)

FiveFreshFish
05-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV
All I see is a sea of grey.

I see an extra parking spot. :D

stealth
05-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Hhaha, I actually got it paved for more parking space. Thought about landscaping it, but preferred this. There will be some greenery out front with planted shrubbery, etc.

Not asian or EI. But my asian neighbour has the same setup. Actually a lot have it, seeing as there are a lot of side garage entrance houses.

And yea it looks pretty gray especially with the weather.