PDA

View Full Version : A+++ For Bert & Jacks Automotive

Spoons
05-24-2012, 08:00 AM
It's reasons like these that remember that there are still good people in the world, people who still love to have fun at work, and why I'm still on Beyond.

Cancerman (Paul) owns Bert & Jacks and I can't praise him enough.

After seeing my thread about the new car that I just bought, he offered to take a look at it... free of charge.

I then inquired about having my car worked on, incredibly reasonable prices and it gets better... I even got to get my hands dirty and do a lot of it myself.

His staff are a great group of people too. Everyone was very friendly. I've been in the shop a couple times now, and haven't seen a dissatisfied customer.

:thumbsup: Paul! You've got my business from here on out, and I will definitely be recommending you to everyone else.

codetrap
05-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Hey, I'll second this. I've been to them a couple of times now for parts, and I used them for the pre-sale inspection of my 06 Jetta when I was selling it to make sure it had a clean bill of health. I was very impressed with them as well.

swak
05-24-2012, 02:25 PM
+2 for CancerMan!!!

Have brought a few of my vehicles there and have never left unhappy!
Incredibly reasonable rates, and all around great guy.
No cutting corners and no BS. :thumbsup:

Kloubek
05-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Seems to have excellent reviews online as well.

I've always touted "Our Mechanic" off Edmonton Trail to be a great shop to work with - but this certainly seems like another good one. I think people are so sour about shops that when you find a good one like this you never go elsewhere.

MrSector9
05-24-2012, 05:07 PM
another thumbs up for Paul here.

KrisYYC
05-24-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm not sure how long Paul has owned Bert & Jacks but my mother knew the owner (or one of) in the late 90's/early 2000's. I
can't remember his name. At the time it was a shop specializing in Volvo but they'd fix any make and model. I took my Ford Ranger there for some stuff and was pleased with service.

Good to know it's still doing well.

btimbit
05-24-2012, 05:18 PM
:thumbsup: For Paul

euro_racer
05-24-2012, 05:55 PM
+1 for Paul, he has helped me out lots over time....pretty well known in the euro/vw crowd also and everything has been mostly positive :thumbsup:

ricosuave
05-28-2012, 06:40 PM
:thumbsup: paul and staff

DeeK
05-28-2012, 07:30 PM
I used to go to them all the time while I still lived in Calgary.

The reasonable prices are an understatement. It's amazing they stay in business with cheap prices like that. Not to mention ridiculously friendly and no bullshit. We need more people like this!

ExtraSlow
05-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Seems to have excellent reviews online as well.

I've always touted "Our Mechanic" off Edmonton Trail to be a great shop to work with - but this certainly seems like another good one. I think people are so sour about shops that when you find a good one like this you never go elsewhere.
I'm a fan of "our Mechanic" as well. Only shop that has EVER told me I didn't need something done. They won my business for a long time by refusing to do work that they felt was unnecessary.

I'll keep B&J's in the back of my mind if I need a second.