PDA

View Full Version : Shipping car parts to states who's cheapest?

mr2mike
05-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Every quote I get to ship a $30 interior piece of a vehicle is $90-$115 to ship.
How do people ship for so cheap? Are they opening up a small business account?

I've got lots and lots of parts I am wanting to sell off. But not with this kind of shipping.

Joe-G
05-25-2012, 08:11 PM
It really depends on the size, and weight of what your shipping. Opting for a tracking number increases the price $20-40 as well.

I shipped front bumper clear corner signals, and phoenix power rears skirts. Both of which cost me $12 and $16 respectively.

N1vek
05-25-2012, 09:51 PM
FWIW, It cost me around $60 to ship a package containing one 16x8 rim to the US, via FedEx ground. It weighed about 22lbs.

Drooool
05-26-2012, 12:14 AM
ive shipped tons of stuff threw canada post. some heavy and some light. never really found it overly expensive. how big is the piece your trying to ship?

ianmcc
05-26-2012, 08:01 AM
If you have lots to ship package them up and ship through Montana Shipping Outlet in Sweetgrass.
I shipped four packages to US destinations including 4 rims in one box. Once I factored in the gas I saved over $90 from shipping through Canada.
UPS Canada wanted over $220 to ship the rims-UPS US was $98 including MSO fees.

mr2mike
05-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Drooool
ive shipped tons of stuff threw canada post. some heavy and some light. never really found it overly expensive. how big is the piece your trying to ship?
They're door panels.
a-pillar covers.

Originally posted by ianmcc
If you have lots to ship package them up and ship through Montana Shipping Outlet in Sweetgrass.
I shipped four packages to US destinations including 4 rims in one box. Once I factored in the gas I saved over $90 from shipping through Canada.
UPS Canada wanted over $220 to ship the rims-UPS US was $98 including MSO fees.
This is the company?
http://www.montanashipping.com/index.php
I'll look into them. Thanks.