PDA

View Full Version : Cycling Apps

D'z Nutz
05-25-2012, 11:50 AM
A co-worker brought up an app he uses to collect stats about his biking, Cyclemeter. I was wondering what other apps you guys may have used and what you think of them? Please specify which OS it's on.

(We can discuss either iPhone or Android apps since I'm sure others would be interested to know.)

Penguin_Racecar
05-25-2012, 12:00 PM
BikeYYC - calgary bike map on your smart phone.

For tracking I have a Garmin Forerunner 305 with HRM, so that doesn't count.

98type_r
05-25-2012, 12:10 PM
There is the mapmyfitness (aka mapmyrun, mapmybike) app. Similar idea and it uploads all of your data so you can view it online. I have it on my iPhone but I hardly ever use it because I have a Garmin. The battery life of the iPhone just isn't good enough to use as a bike computer for a long-ish ride.

GreyFox
05-25-2012, 12:20 PM
I use Sports Tracker available on Android or iPhone, but apparently not on BB.

Works just fine. It has options to hook up a HRM and what not I think but I don't have any of that, I just use it to log how far/how fast I went during my runs and rides.

Anyone know of an app that has live tracking? I want to meet up with buddies during a run or something and it would be helpful to know exactly where they are WHILE they are in the middle or their exercise but I'm have a tough time finding an app that has this...

phreezee
05-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by 98type_r
There is the mapmyfitness (aka mapmyrun, mapmybike) app. Similar idea and it uploads all of your data so you can view it online. I have it on my iPhone but I hardly ever use it because I have a Garmin. The battery life of the iPhone just isn't good enough to use as a bike computer for a long-ish ride.

This, listening to music, using gps, and using data all at once makes these phone apps unusable for more than 30 minutes to an hour.

I also use a Garmin 305, cheap and does the job. You can also share and upload your workouts or compete on Strava.com.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/175125354

HHURICANE1
05-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Strava and MapMyRide are both good as well.