PDA

View Full Version : RV Parks

celica girl
05-28-2012, 12:40 AM
Looking to purchase a trailer or fifth wheel and we'd like some suggestions on RV parks located within about 2 hours of Calgary.

Some things we would like are:
-Pool
-Beach
-Fishing
-would be willing to buy lot or pay from season to season
-would like to be able to leave our unit there all year round (if the park is seasonal)
-facilities to store a boat

We are interested in the Pine Lake Leisure Club but want some other ideas just to compare.

Thanks!

ExtraSlow
05-28-2012, 06:19 AM
I've heard good things about Ol' MacDonalds near Stettler.

Ven
05-28-2012, 07:06 AM
I've been to all the RV reports within 350kms of Calgary and have yet to find a combination better than what Wilderness Village offers.

http://www.wildernessvillage.ca/

PD77
05-28-2012, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Ven
I've been to all the RV reports within 350kms of Calgary and have yet to find a combination better than what Wilderness Village offers.

http://www.wildernessvillage.ca/

We bought a membership last year off of Kijiji for a smokin price...best purchase we ever made!

Let me know if you have any questions OP and I will do my best to answer them.

Ven
05-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by PD77

We bought a membership last year off of Kijiji for a smokin price...best purchase we ever made!

Let me know if you have any questions OP and I will do my best to answer them.

Well then Hello Neighbor!

PD77
05-28-2012, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Ven

Well then Hello Neighbor!

Haha awesome, hopefully I'll run into you sometime out there this summer!

celica girl
05-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! :)

We have stayed at Old Macdonald's before and it really was a lot of fun.

As for Wilderness Village, I saw a picture on the website of the storage area. Do you not get to keep the same lot and leave your trailer on the lot all year round? We don't have any means of moving our trailer. We were hoping to have it delivered to our lot and just leave it there... haha.

Also, I see a few memberships on kijiji. They all seem to be 15-17 year terms except for one that says it's lifetime. The website says they offer a Full Membership. Does that mean lifetime or only for a certain amount of years?

Thanks!

Ven
05-29-2012, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by celica girl
Thanks for the suggestions! :)

We have stayed at Old Macdonald's before and it really was a lot of fun.

As for Wilderness Village, I saw a picture on the website of the storage area. Do you not get to keep the same lot and leave your trailer on the lot all year round? We don't have any means of moving our trailer. We were hoping to have it delivered to our lot and just leave it there... haha.

Also, I see a few memberships on kijiji. They all seem to be 15-17 year terms except for one that says it's lifetime. The website says they offer a Full Membership. Does that mean lifetime or only for a certain amount of years?

Thanks!

WV moves the trailer for you. Call ahead with the "street" you'd like to live on and when you show up your trailer will be there. And when you leave they'll put it back. There is a nominal fee.

When you buy a new share in the campground you have it for the rest of your life, it's also inheritable so you can pass it down. If you sell the share a count down timer starts at 25 years for the new buyers.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

PD77
05-29-2012, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Ven

WV moves the trailer for you. Call ahead with the "street" you'd like to live on and when you show up your trailer will be there. And when you leave they'll put it back. There is a nominal fee.

When you buy a new share in the campground you have it for the rest of your life, it's also inheritable so you can pass it down. If you sell the share a count down timer starts at 25 years for the new buyers.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Essentially you would pay $60 per trip if you don't have the means to tow it yourself (tow in, tow out, and dump).

There is the initial membership fee as well as a yearly fee that is paid either in one lump sum or they will also bill your credit card every month ($50ish/month).

If you purchase a new membership it will last your lifetime. If you choose to sell that membership it converts to a 20 year lease (not 25). We went this route as you can always sell the remainder of the lease and it was significantly cheaper than the lifetime one. We lucked out and paid a fraction of what most people have paid, keeps your eyes open as there are good deals to be had.

If you are looking to get a permanent site you will pay a lot more than what you are going to pay at WV so there is defintely pros and cons to both.

Ven
05-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Pardon me, yes it's 20 years declining, not 25.

celica girl
05-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Thanks so much for the info. I think we'll try to rent a cabin to check it out before we commit to a membership. Sounds like an awesome place!