PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a Shop

npham
05-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Looking for a shop that can remove a headlight, and either open it up and reseal it OR can just seal it as I don't think the fogging inside the headlight created any smudges or left residue.

Shlade
05-28-2012, 02:35 PM
Simple process that you can do yourself... Youtube it.

Remove the headlight yourself, Put it into the oven and let it bake a little bit (Should say in video at how high) Seperate the glue from the headlight housing and there are detailing supplies to clear up the fogging issue.

The headlight probably isnt sealed propely if you are getting fogging issues anyways.

Kloubek
05-28-2012, 02:41 PM
I would guess he isn't comfortable with doing this.

But if you do, OP, check on the headlight frequently to make sure it is not getting overheated. It doesn't take a ton to start warping things...

npham
05-29-2012, 08:18 AM
I have no interest to try and bake the headlight and make sure it's sealed up properly. Would most auto body shops be able to do this?

RNB11
05-29-2012, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by npham
I have no interest to try and bake the headlight and make sure it's sealed up properly. Would most auto body shops be able to do this?

Try chippy's auto appearance on 38ave, they do headlight restoration and also gives great deals to beyond members.

npham
05-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by RNB11
Try chippy's auto appearance on 38ave, they do headlight restoration and also gives great deals to beyond members.

Just called and this is not the type of work they normally do, but the guy was trying his best to give me some advice on what I could do.