PDA

View Full Version : Parked car touching GFs car

bspot
05-30-2012, 12:11 PM
So my finacee is home sick today, and some guy parked in front of her car, right on the bumper touching it, and left it like that.

I told her to leave a nasty note, and she already has the plate and photos.

Can I get this clown a parking ticket or something at least? What a piss off.

kenny
05-30-2012, 12:18 PM
Park another car right in front of it in the same fashion. :)

bspot
05-30-2012, 12:25 PM
I told her to move mine out of the garage, but there is only 3/4 of a car length available :(

gretz
05-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by bspot
I told her to move mine out of the garage, but there is only 3/4 of a car length available :(

What vehicle? Pull straight in and put 2 tires (front or back) on the curb so your vehicle doesn't stick out into the road lol...

ae92gts
05-30-2012, 12:52 PM
I had some guy do the exact same thing to my fiance in front of our condo. I was parked behind her, so getting out wasn't a huge issue, but still a piss off having POS touching her new car. So i simply removed the cores from his valve stems and went on my way :D

v2kai
05-30-2012, 12:52 PM
smart car or a bike would work well at completing the sandwich.

bspot
05-30-2012, 01:05 PM
She confronted her when she came back and I guess she said she forgot to put her parking brake on and was very apologetic.

So not an asshole move, just a really dumb one.

No damage at least.

2Legit2Quit
05-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Women gunna wim'

Darell_n
05-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Pull out his schraeders and leave them on his hood. No damage done.

<--- didn't read all the posts, oops.

BensonTT
05-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by ae92gts
So i simply removed the cores from his valve stems and went on my way :D

LoL... Ya that would teach him a lesson :rolleyes:

FraserB
05-30-2012, 06:15 PM

This is too nice, what you need to do is glue a small pebble on the inside of his valve cap so it will constantly deflate the tires as soon as the are replaced after the latest fill.

96integra
05-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

This is too nice, what you need to do is glue a small pebble on the inside of his valve cap so it will constantly deflate the tires as soon as the are replaced after the latest fill.

Removal of the valve stem will immediately release the air... No need for the pebble trick.

Anton
05-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Lol, I think you guys are confusing what he's talking about with caps. He removed the core - the thing getting pushed in this image:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6c/Schrader_valve_opening_and_closing_on_a_tire.gif/220px-Schrader_valve_opening_and_closing_on_a_tire.gif

lellowrx7
05-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by 96integra

Removal of the valve stem will immediately release the air... No need for the pebble trick.

So you get a one time bang for your buck.
The pebble works many a times before someone figures that shit out.
When I worked at a tire shop we had people come in and say they had to keep adding air cause it kept going flat and usually 7 outta 10 times they ended up needed a new tire by the time they got it fixed.
Genius idea really.

know1edge
05-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

GENIUS BRB

K3RMiTdot
05-30-2012, 09:25 PM
happened to me, watched the women hit my car and she wouldnt admit it either, and i took a picture! -___-

n1zm0
05-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by K3RMiTdot
happened to me, watched the women hit my car and she wouldnt admit it either, and i took a picture! -___-

I had a lady do this to me, I took down vin, plate and even her suitcase tag in the back. She comes out after about half hour and simply says 'i had nowhere else to park what did you expect!?' Gets in her car and reverses some more causing the cars bumper to fully jump on top of mine. I was just gonna let her go but that pushed me over the edge, even if it was my crappy Nissan stanza.

My boss told me to call the cops, he saw it all and was just as p.o'd. Called the cops and gave a statement, officer was so surprised I took the vin, since I was a lot attendant at the time I told him it was 2nd nature for me to do that. So he says its a hit and run basically and that the car is actually a rental (unreported hit and run in a rental is extremely bad he says ) cop then goes into the showroom to peruse the cars afterwards lol.

1 week later rental insurance calls me to get a quote, I do and submit it, they ask if I want a payout or repaint and refinish front bumper assy, I took the $430 payout... :thumbsup:

BerserkerCatSplat
06-04-2012, 09:11 PM

There's a good reason I carry a valve core remover in my glove compartment. :rofl:

canadian booster
06-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by K3RMiTdot

happened to me, i took a photo of the license plates of the guys on either side of me, came out, big red scratch on my black car from the subby that was next to me. called insurance and cops, neither would do anything.

cops said unless i can prove it was intentional they won't do anything, and my insurance said if i pay my deductable they'll fix it, even though i have a photo of the car, his plate, etc.

total bullshit

that guy is just lucky it's my daily driver or i'd be livid

ae92gts
06-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

There's a good reason I carry a valve core remover in my glove compartment. :rofl:

I always knew there was a purpose for keeping one in my car

:thumbsup:

Tik-Tok
06-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Can also double as a shiv for protection while you're hiding gas cards in seedy parts of the NE :rofl: