PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new car, opinions , ideas.

Justin-88
05-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Hey so im looking to get a new car in the next few months here to replace my 2004 xterra .

Im looking for a 4-door sedan, thats sporty and fun to drive but also decent on gas, and can handle a good winter. (fwd,awd)

I want to spend around 10000-16000 but if its worth it a little more cash can be spent.

I was thinking somewhat along these lines.

2003-06 Subaru Wrx

2003-07 Subaru Legacy GT

2003-2007 Acura Crx type s (are they that much diffrent from the si's ? would that be a better option ?)

Any other acura sedans that you would recommend ?

What do you think ?

project240
05-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Acura TL, VW Jetta

Not sure if they fit what you want, but I figured if a CSX fit, these probably do as well.

Justin-88
05-30-2012, 07:17 PM
I like the TLs but only after 2004.
Have you ever driven one ? do the 3.2s pull pretty well ?
Not a big German car fan. (costly repairs)

FiveFreshFish
05-30-2012, 07:20 PM
How about a TSX?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Get a Legacy GT, mine was awesome and the interior is way nicer than a WRX as long as you get a GT Limited with leather.

Justin-88
05-30-2012, 07:36 PM
I do like the legacy gt's ill make sure to look for the leather.
Okay out of the Acura's what do you believe is the sportiest, like has the best handling and fastest.

tehwegz
05-31-2012, 10:34 AM
CSX-S only difference is the head and tail lights, and better interior. seems to be same everything else...

look for a TL type S instead.

npham
05-31-2012, 10:42 AM
Isn't there a 2007 Legacy Spec B for sale in the forums? That might right up your alley.

Kijho
05-31-2012, 11:19 AM
Why the hell would you chose any other if you have a WRX in the list?
Shit, drop a few extra and get the more power of an STI.

Vs. a FWD Acura, what the fuck you thinking...
:clap: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Justin-88
05-31-2012, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Kijho
Why the hell would you chose any other if you have a WRX in the list?
Shit, drop a few extra and get the more power of an STI.

Vs. a FWD Acura, what the fuck you thinking...
:clap: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Easy there aha. I dont really need 305 hp nor have the cash for the sti. And the reason im looking at both Subaru's and Acura's i used to drive a honda accord, loved it and i have lots of family members who drive acuras aswell as the dealership service dept where i live is a plus. (great service)

But im really leaning towards a Legacy spec b or gt at the moment.

4doorj
05-31-2012, 10:04 PM
Love all your choices, can't go wrong with any of them.
CSX type s would be awesome. Basically no maintenance cost besides oil changes hahaha. And lots of modding options.
WRX is awesome too. Easy to make fast. AWD for calgary winters.
Buy one of each hahaha

Hallowed_point
05-31-2012, 10:12 PM
Dodge SRT4...my last car. I DD it winter and all. Even with no traction/stability control it was great with real winter tires. Cons being that she takes premium dude. A fun little go kart though! :burnout: They can take quite a bit of punishment and I still think they are the best sounding 4 CYL period :devil:

I still miss mine sometimes when I see one ripping around town :cry:

Justin-88
05-31-2012, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by 4doorj
Love all your choices, can't go wrong with any of them.
CSX type s would be awesome. Basically no maintenance cost besides oil changes hahaha. And lots of modding options.
WRX is awesome too. Easy to make fast. AWD for calgary winters.
Buy one of each hahaha

Ya i quite like the csx-s, but i agree awd in our albertain shit storm people call winter would be nice, but i wonder if the csx-s would be alright if i got some nice winter tires. Like would it be that big of a difference i wonder between a wrx or legacy awd vs the acura fwd.

gpomp
05-31-2012, 10:28 PM
i think the acura is the most fun to drive, but it won't be the fastest. depends what you're looking for.

4doorj
06-01-2012, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Justin-88

Ya i quite like the csx-s, but i agree awd in our albertain shit storm people call winter would be nice, but i wonder if the csx-s would be alright if i got some nice winter tires. Like would it be that big of a difference i wonder between a wrx or legacy awd vs the acura fwd.
CSX type s will be fine in winter with winter tires. I drove my si sedan in winter with no issues. Such a fun car! I really miss it.
I was trying to buy a csx type s but couldn't find one for the price I was willing to pay.

HiSpec
06-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
Get a Legacy GT, mine was awesome and the interior is way nicer than a WRX as long as you get a GT Limited with leather.

Great suggestion. May I suggest the Spec-B?

CapnCrunch
06-01-2012, 08:38 AM
I'd go with the Legacy

freshprince1
06-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Absolutely love my Legacy GT. It does better on roads in the winter than my 4x4 SUV. The AWD is unsurpassed in my opinion. It handles better than the BMW's of the same age in my opinion, having test driven them when shopping for this car. I get about 24mpg on premium fuel.

The Spec-B is nice, but in my opinion you don't really get enough extra's to warrant the premium price. It's the same engine. The only differnces are in the suspension and other smaller luxury upgrades (maybe the brakes too...I forget).

(Also, since my company is switching from a Car Allowance to a Company Car, I'll be selling it in the Fall. :( )

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-01-2012, 09:44 AM
The spec B gets a 6 speed too, and I'm sorry to say it doesn't handle as nice as the BMWs but I still enjoyed mine.

clem24
06-01-2012, 10:55 AM
I didn't think TLs were very fuel economic.. But then again, so aren't the Subaru's.

Of all those, I'd easily pick the LGT not only because I used to have one, but because it's a.) a total sleeper b.) set up very well from the factory, and c.) an absolute BARGAIN and probably the best price/performance ratio out on the used market, and it's Subaru's best ever looking Legacy to boot. I'll miss being able to smoke everyone off the line in the winter with my studded tires.

Also, the 2003-2004 LGT's were total dogs. The 2005+ is what you're after.

If you're feeling a bit more spendy, you should also consider the BMW E90 330/328i/xi. You can find them at the upper end of your budget but you'll want to spend a bit more to get one that's been well maintained. Or even an E46 as those have proven to be very reliable.

max_boost
06-01-2012, 11:14 AM
WRX.

Justin-88
06-05-2012, 03:48 PM
well after some mad kijiji searching and looking up insurance quotes the subaru's were like 700 bucks more a year over the acura csx type s, and then the honda si sedan's were even cheaper but they were all pretty expensive me being younger w no tickets.

So to save some money i think im going to lean towards getting a 2007-2008 honda si sedan :D

so many goddam mind changes